On 10/20/2020 at 3:04 PM, Chris Jay said:

Yes, been growing a fair amount since lockdown started. About 25 plants in total, also loads of veggies. Lekker to be eating out the garden everyday again.

I must start the veggie patch cause nothing better than munching homegrown but reckon im gonna do it in front yard to lessen the risk of critters attacking the grow - noticed this afternoon a small piece of bud going brown & went to chop it off thinking its rot but then the whole fresh nug just fell apart & im like "wtf" thats not rot - look again & like a chameleon theres a fat green caterpillar munching himself f@cked up so veggie patch definately going in the front f@ck that - ive already put my smaller pots on bricks inside a moerse pot with water at the bottom like a castles moat - now just need to build a net to stop these flies from nailing my fan leaves with leaf miners and I'm pest free

Am keen for some tobacco seeds, where can one hook up from?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Totemic said:

They self pollinate. Each individual flower bulb will house about 500 seeds. 

@Totemic Any secret with getting the seeds to viable age..?

1 minute ago, Stinger96 said:

@Totemic Any secret with getting the seeds to viable age..?

Yeah, they need to mature on the plant and dry out. Makes a rattler out of the pod. Then the seeds are dry and good to go. As for times frames...I've never paid attention. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Psylecta said:

@Totemic with 500 seeds per flower, how many seeds would have to plant to be sure 1 plant would germinate?

Many will germinate imo. 80%+

• Like 1

Covid touched me funny mommy.... 🤣Grow your own... smoke your own... far more satisfying...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Psylecta said:

I must start the veggie patch cause nothing better than munching homegrown but reckon im gonna do it in front yard to lessen the risk of critters attacking the grow - noticed this afternoon a small piece of bud going brown & went to chop it off thinking its rot but then the whole fresh nug just fell apart & im like "wtf" thats not rot - look again & like a chameleon theres a fat green caterpillar munching himself f@cked up so veggie patch definately going in the front f@ck that - ive already put my smaller pots on bricks inside a moerse pot with water at the bottom like a castles moat - now just need to build a net to stop these flies from nailing my fan leaves with leaf miners and I'm pest free

Am keen for some tobacco seeds, where can one hook up from?

Seedsforafrica took mine from me during lockdown. They should still have as it was quite a lot of seeds.

Edited by Totemic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

fat green caterpillar munching himself f@cked up so veggie patch definately going in the front f@ck that

@Psylecta If you have one of those sons of b^7ch3s, you have another. I would check my plants everyday. Give them a good shake and then look again. They usually arrive after a good rain and spin webs everywhere.

Awe always check them daily, but this is the first time I've seen chewed leaves, never had issues before so I was immediately alerted and bingo, an asshole - here's the k@nt😂

025.thumb.JPG.534c503ea5bb12bc793eeb286b43532e.JPG

• Haha 1