Can Honeybees pollinate a sensi grow?

Psylecta

Question

So far I have managed to keep my entire outdoor grow seedless, and am roughly another month away till harvest, but past few days I've noticed a ton of bees hovering around the plants which didn't bother me much but today spotted a few really hanging around the most resinous buds, with one landing on a branch and quickly flying off, which leads me to my question - has anyone had a sensi crop pollinated by bees?

Ive heard of plants being pollinated by the wind so surely not farfetched to think bees could too (I don't keep males at all so I'm not sure whether bees feed off male flowers - don't see why they wouldn't)

If it is a risk whats a good step to take to dissuade the bees without harming them or forcing them to relocate

• Like 2

4 answers to this question

@Bakstein420 appreciate that link many thanks for that, forgot they after nectar and not pollen (unless there's nothing else)

But yeah i figured it wasnt something to be too worried about as the bees here are spoilt for choice when it comes to other flowers & they only usually hover around it for a few seconds almost as if "ahh what do we have here" but a second later its like "ah nevamind" and go back to the sunflowers, just thought I'd ask cause it was odd to see it land on the branch

33 minutes ago, CreX said:

if the plants are in the outdoors, with no netting or tunnel or protection from the outside, i would say your biggest issue would be your neighbors growing males... after that would be wind pollination , and then maybe bees, ... but all of it is yes

@CreX Lol, funny you mention the neighbours growing males cause she does have a few small ones, (84yr old uses flowers for tea) which is why I've been so paranoid cause even though she grows on the windowsill, its only 2 houses away so I've been keeping a watch full eye - so far so good, only scare I had was when I caught a small Hermie but luckily  one day it stretched 20% out of nowhere which made me very suspect so upon taking a closer look i spotted what looked like nanners but couldnt be sure so i pulled it out kept in a closed off room -  a day later im like "yup must be a hermie" then 2 days later the entire thing morphed into male was weird to see all the sites with pistills just do a 180 like that, (taking it indoors probably put petrol on the fire) one things for sure if it didn't stretch so much that one day I might have missed it and tainted my entire grow so last thing I'd want is to now be worried about bees too lmao - good to know though

• Like 1