First time grower. Need help identifying issue. Yellow spots on leaf

peanutbjt

I’m completely new to growing, this is my first plant. So just some background, sorry if it’s a bit of a long read. This plant grew from a seed i threw in a small pot filled with old soil that had been sitting in my garden. About 4 weeks after it sprouted i came home to find it had been blown over and half of its soil spilled on the floor, the roots at the top were exposed to the elements and it was still being battered by the wind. I set up a budget grow tent inside with a cheap full spectrum LED for when the weather wasn’t suitable and to extend the hours of light my plant received after i was told that the winter day/night cycle wasn’t going to cut it. Anyway my plant bounced back and is looking healthy except for these yellow spots on one of the leaves. Can anyone advise whether these spots may have been caused by stress or if i’m dealing with a nutrient or fungal problem?

20G6RC9.jpg

• Like 2

One of the leaves... can be just droplets of something you got on the leaf at one stage. In general more then one leaf will show the signs. If you dont know... remove the single leaf, just to be sure, if it is a parasite. Check your new grown leaves if they have those spots... if not, you are fine. 

Edited by Prom
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Prom said:

One of the leaves... can be just droplets of something you got on the leaf at one stage. In general more then one leaf will show the signs. If you dont know... remove the single leaf, just to be sure, if it is a parasite. Check your new grown leaves if they have those spots... if not, you are fine. 

What up @peanutbjt 

I had a similar problem.

Basically 1 fan leaf had those kind of spots. But the rest of the plant is really healthy. I was worried too. 

But i just left it alone. About 2 weeks now. No issues or spreading. 

So my conclusion was that i probably spilt some nutez on the leaf and it dried on. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@peanutbjt,

At this point you don't need to worry too much. 

But I am also battling to pinpoint it...

It looks like a half typical magnesium issue... But the brown spots also look like bug damage🤔

At any rate, what are you feeding it? 

I would grab a box of Epsom salts from pnp just to be safe... And mix a teaspoon of it into your next water/feed. 

Can't harm it and it will sort the magbesuim problem out if it is magnesium. 

If it's bugs... You gotta remove the leaf and inspect the plant heavy... Top of the leaf, under the leaf... The petiole, the stem, the new nodes. Look for macroscopic movements in the top layer of the soil... 

But so far the plant actually looks fine other than that one blemish. 

Another thing... The damage will never heal... But the new growth and the older growth won't make more brown rust spots

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you to everyone for all the help! I’m going to leave it alone and hope for the best. If it gets worse i will try the epsom salts (thanks for the tip for mag issues) Will post an update when i feel i’m in the clear just for interests sake 🙂 hope everyone is coping with all this craziness, wishing you all good health and good growing! 

• Like 1