New grower, first attempt (indoors)

zolrooker

I've tied 2 of them down.. The Master Kush is still a bit short and stem is a bit rigid, so will wait for it to grow taller and possibly get a bit more of a flexible upper stem hopefully
c091667c04dfb771c6b8d57813d0c668.jpg184387eba124e7fe381b804e8c513e63.jpgcf1ca573004f5812a8af6dd6a5deaa87.jpg74f7bd1f2df2396b3b68b7f5ec59371f.jpg8a8b9957cc9cb41ada3b2b4ef31f2ef8.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Nice one... LST is also done quite nicely

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Wired up a humidity controller with mini dehumidifier quickly. Not the prettiest but I'm hoping it'll do a job here. Might add another dehumidifier later on if needed.
ef02aaa7ed7217f82d77ffc0384c41a1.jpg9d748aa7e55bad545e9b585e656455b0.jpg219db7c934a35b6d7098a0fdf55647e9.jpg

Lol looks like a lot of my prototypes when I'm making things, no joke. If it works that way I don't really have a reason to change or upgrade it, most of the time I leave them looking like that and just use it as is.

• Like 2

Turns out that the dehumidifier is crap and doesn't run off power, but rather recharges the beads off power only lol.. Will just leave it in my grow space anyways and get a different dehumidifier for the controller 

Edited by zolrooker
  • Like 1

Turns out that the dehumidifier is crap and doesn't run off power, but rather recharges the beads off power only lol.. Will just leave it in my grow space anyways and get a different dehumidifier for the controller 

Seems like battery management sensor shuts off the outputs when the device is being charged to save the batteries.

If you still wanna mess with it, you'll need to match the voltage of the batteries to a small power brick and solder the output wires of a USB from the power brick or the output wires from the power brick itself to where the batteries connect to the circuit. It'll bypass the BMS and give direct power to the board, simulating an infinite battery as long as its plugged in - that way switching the power on with a timer will turn on the device.
I'm pretty sure it'll fix the issue.

• Like 2

Seems like battery management sensor shuts off the outputs when the device is being charged to save the batteries.

If you still wanna mess with it, you'll need to match the voltage of the batteries to a small power brick and solder the output wires of a USB from the power brick or the output wires from the power brick itself to where the batteries connect to the circuit. It'll bypass the BMS and give direct power to the board, simulating an infinite battery as long as its plugged in - that way switching the power on with a timer will turn on the device.
I'm pretty sure it'll fix the issue.

Wouldn't be a problem at all to run the device on a timer.. The only screw up is that the dehumidifier doesn't run off power at all. Basically you just hang it wherever you want it to dehumidify (unplugged) and then recharge it when the beads change colour.

Might just leave like this for now without controller, or try out something else like this.

https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/475966478/mini_dehum.html

Wouldn't be a problem at all to run the device on a timer.. The only screw up is that the dehumidifier doesn't run off power at all. Basically you just hang it wherever you want it to dehumidify (unplugged) and then recharge it when the beads change colour.

Might just leave like this for now without controller, or try out something else like this.

https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/475966478/mini_dehum.html

I get you. Might be better to just wait until you get another one.

The one on bidorbuy is better because it uses a hydrophilic substance to wick moisture out of the air instead of a heating element to dry the air out or something.

I say give it a shot, but you'll need to save up and invest in a proper dehumidifier if you want to run one all the time and keep a stable RH... I've had a smaller Chinese one, much more powerful that that rechargeable one... Didn't make much of a difference

The airflow of the dehumidifier you end up getting will make a difference as well because if your grow area has active extraction, you may be exchanging the air faster than the time it takes for the device to effectively remove the moisture - its the problem I had.

For something more effective, you may want to use the dehumidifier in the room you're growing in that the grow space is taking intake air from, or not too far from the intake perhaps... This way it will lower the overall intake humidity instead of trying to remove whatever little moisture it can in a high air-exchange environment.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, TheUltimateNoob said:
I get you. Might be better to just wait until you get another one.

The one on bidorbuy is better because it uses a hydrophilic substance to wick moisture out of the air instead of a heating element to dry the air out or something.

I say give it a shot, but you'll need to save up and invest in a proper dehumidifier if you want to run one all the time and keep a stable RH... I've had a smaller Chinese one, much more powerful that that rechargeable one... Didn't make much of a difference

The airflow of the dehumidifier you end up getting will make a difference as well because if your grow area has active extraction, you may be exchanging the air faster than the time it takes for the device to effectively remove the moisture - its the problem I had.

For something more effective, you may want to use the dehumidifier in the room you're growing in that the grow space is taking intake air from, or not too far from the intake perhaps... This way it will lower the overall intake humidity instead of trying to remove whatever little moisture it can in a high air-exchange environment.

Probably just simpler to get stronger intake and exhaust fan, if it's even needed (Current fans are 90m3/h in a space that's 0.8m3).. Haven't had humidity problems yet but just planning ahead. 

Edited by zolrooker

Apparently you can even hang calcium chloride in a sock and put a bowl underneath to catch the water.. And I have 20kg of calcium chloride in the garage, so that's another option for me. Think I'm probably just gonna disconnect the controllers out put relays and use it as a standard hygrometer, so it's not a R500 gone to waste lol 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:

I've tried the balls that remove water from air, get them at Builders or similar, and they dont work at all, not in a room or even grow space.

Then had to invest in a Meaco dehumidifier, the family of that one you got, from Solenco but 20L and actually work, you can get the smaller 12L but rather get the one, once.

Those ones are a bit too pricey brother. I just thought I could find a cheap solution that could even make a small difference.... Will see how it goes.. I haven't had any problems with humidity so far, but once my cupboard is like a forest I'm not sure what to expect lol

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, zolrooker said:

Those ones are a bit too pricey brother. I just thought I could find a cheap solution that could even make a small difference.... Will see how it goes.. I haven't had any problems with humidity so far, but once my cupboard is like a forest I'm not sure what to expect lol

I know how you feel, tight for everyone...

If you have a good extraction fan and air flow, you normally are okay, unless you pack the plant tight and then you definitely need it.

Peace brother 🤜🤛

Added, with those balls that collect water, the standing water was actually worse and caused the humidity to climb and I got mould with them.

Edited by StickyD420
  • Haha 1

If its too crowded you can expect to hit 70% RH a but often I guess... Maybe even some PM that you can keep at bay with some regular maintenance.

I suffer with high RH sometimes and I just increase the air circulation inside the tent or increase extraction speed if it gets pretty bad.

• Like 1

Probably just simpler to get stronger intake and exhaust fan, if it's even needed (Current fans are 90m3/h in a space that's 0.8m3).. Haven't had humidity problems yet but just planning ahead. 

I missed this bit... Just going through all my notifications now. Sorry bro

But yeah it's easier to increase overall airflow, however, if your humidity is already high going into the grow space, what's the point you know?

It's good to plan ahead
If your RH creeps up on 65-70% though, be sure to inspect your trees for WPM consistently... Small patches can come up overnight and are easy to miss.

Below 65% I've never had a problem with WPM though. Air from the circulation fan in the tent hits like 90% of the leaves - which most likely helps a lot - ensuring no stagnant air.

• Like 1

I missed this bit... Just going through all my notifications now. Sorry bro

But yeah it's easier to increase overall airflow, however, if your humidity is already high going into the grow space, what's the point you know?

It's good to plan ahead
If your RH creeps up on 65-70% though, be sure to inspect your trees for WPM consistently... Small patches can come up overnight and are easy to miss.

Below 65% I've never had a problem with WPM though. Air from the circulation fan in the tent hits like 90% of the leaves - which most likely helps a lot - ensuring no stagnant air.

Thanks bro, no worries. it hasn't gone above 55% yet. I have a cheap hygrometer that says it's currently at 40% in there but the humidity controller is showing 25-30%

Just now, zolrooker said:

Thanks bro, no worries. it hasn't gone above 55% yet. I have a cheap hygrometer that says it's currently at 40% in there but the humidity controller is showing 25-30%

The hygrometer is showing relative humidity 

The humidity sensor is actual humidity, this is your 100% true reading of moisture in the air 

Relative humidity is with regards to the temp

• Like 2

The hygrometer is showing relative humidity 
The humidity sensor is actual humidity, this is your 100% true reading of moisture in the air 
Relative humidity is with regards to the temp
Interesting. With regards to percentages usually referred to like@TheUltimateNoob just also mentioned. Do those talk about RH or AH?

• Like 1

Here's a current pic bro. 
Theyre already quite bushy. 
Not sure when I should trigger flowering though.. Will assess the situation at the end of this week. 
IMG_20200810_091349.thumb.jpg.8dfb63f7e1a304d12ca570f8902209fa.jpg
IMG_20200810_091002.thumb.jpg.ced5012d1b6387419b856a174e712ee1.jpg
I would suggest flowering when your trees are about a third to just under half the height you want them to be at the end of the flower stretch.

• Like 1