Malawi Cob Chamba Cure

Dope Friends 

Anyone tried curing there buds this way? 

Took 30g of a sticky Sativa strain I grew from Lesotho Heights bagseed. Very sweet perfumy aroma. 

Some say this technique increases potency and trippiness. Let's see. After the wrapping the cobs I vacuum sealed them and placed on my Hid lamp ~43C

IMG_20200605_164937.thumb.jpg.acb39403159eb60e36a7b711a3a4d9a3.jpg

IMG_20200605_163229.jpg

IMG_20200605_162832.jpg

IMG_20200605_162358.jpg

Edited by zairek
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Batista said:

Howdy, im going to try this too but you need to follow the full procedure to see results.Im going to try this

https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/tangwenas-malawi-style-cob-cure-fermented-cannabis.443405/

Have you decided on a strain yet? I plan to make 2 more, a hybrid strain and another with Indica.. 

Lovely, Tangwena is a friend of mine. I'm busy growing his Malawi x Swazi. He would be proud to see some new cobs being made in Africa because of his technique he popularized. Its actually changed quite a bit since he has been developing it and he no longer uses corn cob and its done inside vacuum sealed bags now. He used to call this 'canary bud' because it would give him an indication of how the bud is doing inside the corn husks that he prepared at the same time, but then realized that the canary bud was just as good with less fuss involved.  

cob.thumb.JPG.4864af15be0e0ed152882215332af35a.JPG

Edited by oldsandals
  • Like 3

In my experience it makes the buds decarboxylated some what because you can chew on some matured cob and it will give an effect, so there must be decarbed cannabinoids in there. Smoking cob is smoother than jar cured and I think because it does a better job at degrading chlorophyll. The taste of jar cured is more preserved than cob, however the high is similar when smoked. The differences come when eaten or chewed plain. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldsandals said:

Lovely, Tangwena is a friend of mine. I'm busy growing his Malawi x Swazi. He would be proud to see some new cobs being made in Africa because of his technique he popularized. Its actually changed quite a bit since he has been developing it and he no longer uses corn cob and its done inside vacuum sealed bags now. He used to call this 'canary bud' because it would give him an indication of how the bud is doing inside the corn husks that he prepared at the same time, but then realized that the canary bud was just as good with less fuss involved.  

cob.thumb.JPG.4864af15be0e0ed152882215332af35a.JPG

Delicious biltong vibe-

Tangwena  legendary, seems like a dinkum fellow though. 

Eating that stuff will bring a whole new meaning to edibles old bro sandals

Edited by zairek
  • Like 1

After 3 days of almost anaerobic sweating and fermenting, I open the bag and get the dank smell of fermenting sugar cane and gherkins or capres. Overpowering yet sweet in nature. Left cobs to surface dry before revac-sealing. Will leave to cure vacsealed inside cob for 1 more week before first sample and final vacuum seal for at least a month. More schlep compared to air / jar cure, however, if this method results in a viable edible product, then I'm sold, and may reduce my ingestion by smoking.

IMG_20200608_140901.jpg

• Like 2

Vacuum sealer is critical for eliminating O2 exposure, I'm new to this but I assume the process is similar to avoiding turning wine into vinegar. Vac sealer also compresses the cob, compensating for the natural loosening of the cob due to compaction of the bud. Hence the need to tighten windings after 3 days of vacuum compressed cob bud. 

• Like 1

Lesotho Heights cob after 11 days of fermenting at around 40C. Opened the vac vag twice to air dry the cob. Now it's been dehusked, dried for 24h and revac sealed to be reopened in a few weeks or months. Smoked a gram or so mixed with some dry flower and definitely a smooth smoke, leading to deeper puffs and heavier effects. Definitely knocks and drops tolerance levels, had to, for a long time actually limit consumption. Waiting to see how things pan out during the cure8-)

IMG_20200617_160839.jpg

• Like 8