Tent Fan Advice

Slartibarfast

Hoping someone can give me some advice on a fan setup for a 1m x 1m grow tent. I currently just have an extractor fan and 1 flap open for intake. I have been playing with the idea of getting another extractor fan to use as an intake fan and maybe a fan for inside the tent.

Would this new setup be overkill? I have been finding my buds to be quite airy. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I have a BESTVA 600W full spectrum LED that I got off Amazon, the reviews were pretty good. I don't have a carbon filter.

Cool, I will try and get a fan for inside the tent then, any recommendations? I see the clip on oscillating fans seem to be sold out on all the online stores I've checked.

I agree that an intake fan is a waste, as long as there is some way for passive air intake (I like using the Secret Jardin light baffles, they're filters and allow for better air intake without any light leaks).

Air circulation inside the tent is important, a cheap solution is to get one of those box fans - they're easy to mount and help circulate the air as it has the cover on the front which turns to direct the airflow around the tent .

A single fan for exhaust is sufficient too, it's not a large tent. I assume you have a 4" or 6" fan, which should be perfect.

Airy bud as mentioned  are likely down to light and/or genetics.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I agree that an intake fan is a waste, as long as there is some way for passive air intake (I like using the Secret Jardin light baffles, they're filters and allow for better air intake without any light leaks).

Air circulation inside the tent is important, a cheap solution is to get one of those box fans - they're easy to mount and help circulate the air as it has the cover on the front which turns to direct the airflow around the tent .
A single fan for exhaust is sufficient too, it's not a large tent. I assume you have a 4" or 6" fan, which should be perfect.

Airy bud as mentioned  are likely down to light and/or genetics.
Awesome, thanks those Jardin Light Baffles look interesting. Thinking about getting 2 for intake, should I get bug nets for them too or is the mesh fine enough to prevent insects getting in?

34 minutes ago, Slartibarfast said:

Awesome, thanks those Jardin Light Baffles look interesting. Thinking about getting 2 for intake, should I get bug nets for them too or is the mesh fine enough to prevent insects getting in?

I don't have anything additional, I don't feel it is an issue.

Like small pests such as thrips could possibly fit through but its unlikely that will happen. You'd need to have a pest issue in order for that to happen.

• Like 1

I don't have anything additional, I don't feel it is an issue.
Like small pests such as thrips could possibly fit through but its unlikely that will happen. You'd need to have a pest issue in order for that to happen.
Okay great, I am currently dealing with a pest issue but going to be sorting that out this weekend ahead of my next grow.

• Like 1