New grow on the go

Naughty.Psychonaut

Second grow with this setup, let's see how things turn out!
Seeds dropped - 27 Feb
1. Banana Hammock Fem - Ethos Genetics
2. Cheese Fem - Seedsman
3. Super Lemon Haze Fem - Green House Seeds
4. Blueberry Fem - Dutch Passion
Another Blueberry seed from Dutch Passion was dropped on 10 March, because the Super Lemon Haze did not pop at first, the other 3 seeds popped up 2 days after dropping. So then I had Blueberry #2 pop up also 2 days after dropping and a week after on 16 March the Super Lemon Haze finally popped, never lost faith and 18 days after dropping she decided she's down to clown. So all and all 5 plants, but I have to choose between SLH and BB#2.
The three bigger plants are the ones that came up first and are already on their 3rd feed. The medium plant in the back in the smaller pot is the BB#2 and the small plant in the middle is the SLH slowly coming along. All started off in jiffie pellets in a humidity dome on a heat mat under some big CFLs. Took them out the humidity dome as soon as they where open and facing up, potted them into 5L pots once they had first set of true leaves. All into Freedom Farms Premium Classic with some Diatomaceous earth, Trichoderma and Mycorrizhea. The lockdown is causing me to have to start mixing my own soil, luckily I have all I need for a good batch on hand, but am going to run out soon and don't even want to think about it!! The mix is basic - fine compost from Double Grow, potting soil from Reliance, coco coir, perlite and vermiculite. Added quite a bit if Diatomaceous Earth because I don't trust the compost and potting soil and like always, Trichoderma and Mycorrizhea. This is the first I will actually be growinging in this soil, so will have to report on how it turns out, don't know what to expect and because of that I also decided to plant the first Blueberry in it (that's the one in the bigger plastic 10L pot in the back), because I have two of them and if anything goes wrong, I already have a replacement! I also have BioNeemand Ampelomyces that I do treatments with all through veg. Sometimes I use the Ampelo during early flower if I feel a threat, all plants even outdoor and edible plants, can be used within 3 weeks of harvest.

Anyway, here they are..

20200407_063630.thumb.jpg.6743b5cd2622616907edffe7d643584c.jpg

• Like 4

Nice selection brother.

I have a Seedsman badazz Og cheese that is about 5/6 weeks into flowering, and the mature Gouda smell is stinking up the whole block, smells like someone making grilled cheese sandwiches.

You plan on any training for the plants? 

• Like 1

I'm very excited myself!

Hahah I know exactly what you mean by the cheese smell, I never understood the whole cheese thing except that it's also something with a strong funky smell, but with my blue cheese buds from the last grow curing now, everytime I burp the jars the smell I get makes me laugh, because there's no other way to describe it as cheesy. Got a sweet kinda funk that reminds you of the smell you get right before you put some kinda sweet soft white cheese in your mouth!

That's awesome, may I have a look see at that seedsman plant? Is this the first of their seeds for you or have you previous experience with them as breeders?

For training I usually just go with the garden wire and some paper binders along the brim of the pot, but I think the biggest mitake I made with the last grow was not scrogging! So definitly going that route this time, specially since it's such a cheap thing to incorporate and makes the world of a difference if you do it right! 

• Like 1

I have done 3 different strains from seedsman all photos, Critical purple kush , badazz og cheese and their cookies& cream. I can't complain about what I have grown from them, the cheese is the first round and will keep a few clones. 

Critical purple kush is fire and a keeper as well, flowery fruit punch smell all the way and I got lucky with n very nice pheno. Busy flowering 3 clones from this lady. 

IMG-20200405-WA0008.thumb.jpg.2d7613caa27ff8c4d69b85fde6f0f79a.jpg

(right top coner is Chocolope)

Their cookies & cream was just perfect, I never took clones and really pissed I didn't. 

So for me it's been a good run with seedsman and looking forward to try more of their gear. Currently have a seedsman northern lights auto going as well. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

I think the biggest mitake I made with the last grow was not scrogging! So definitly going that route this time, specially since it's such a cheap thing to incorporate and makes the world of a difference if you do it right! 

Yeah I totally missed my opportunity to do scrog this round and will also do it next round to fill the gaps abit better

Wow hahah I see you like variety too! Nice, those plants look good, thanks for the pic! Makes me so much more excited about this cheese plant. 

These are really my first seeds from international breeders, some time ago all on different occasions I grew two Royal queen seeds and a Barneys Farm seed, but it was given to me by a buddy and I just grew them in cheap soil outdoors with tap water and some seagrow. The smoke was still awesome, but those grows is not even something worth talking about these days with all the cannabis spesific producs available to us now! 

Previous indoor grow was all clones and besides that have had many no name seeds float around and played around with some bag seed to gain the knowledge, but this is my first time checking the international breeders with intention to pick my favourite ones. 

I'm excited to see how this all turns out! 

I'm trying to get my second setup together, was gona buy a small tent for vegging and all that, but someone asked me why the hell I would get a tent smaller than the one I already have, so that stuck with me hahah now I'm trying to get everything bigger and upgraded, so the setup I have now will then be used only for veg, clone, seeds all the stuff that can happen under a 18/6 light cycle, might even pop a few autos in there. Then use the new setup for flower, sooo I don't wana take too many clones and all that then I have to spend money on caring for them, money I could've saved to buy everything I needed for a proper perpetual grow. From there will think about a 3rd small tent to keep a mother or two, but then I will need a bigger house!!! 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

8 Days Later and I guess enough has happened to give you all an update. 

The same goed for them all, Hortimix A,B as schedule reccomend along with vermipure liquid compost and on a manual  "feed, feed, flush" cycle. Added microbes and DE in all medium. 2 plants are in completely different medium, because of this lockdown shit, and they aren't all the same age so I will give attention to them all individually.

20200416_201509.thumb.jpg.f816e16abd4bf910c8bde488a9658d55.jpg

I have tied down all of them, I will be installing a trellis net aswell, but they all have to be repotted once more before I can do that.

1. Cheese - 10L material pot with Freedom Farms premium classic medium, week 3 of feeding schedule. Had one BioNeem treatment. No problems.

20200416_201531.thumb.jpg.5902981973190a6f8a99b07b10cc607d.jpg

2. Banana Hammock - 10L material pot with FF prem mix, 3 weeks of feeding, same cycle as the cheese plant, also one BioNeem treatment. No problems.20200416_201538.thumb.jpg.2ab8dbbe1bd33a222f5a7fa236d93250.jpg

4. Blueberry - 12L plastic pot (the bottom of pot is like 50% breatheable and the pot has feet raised about 2cm off the ground so I feel like it's a pretty good pot, we will see! She was planted in a mix of fine compost, some potting soil, a good a mount of 50/50 coco/perlite and just a bit of vermiculite. she's on her 2nd week of feeding, but I see she might be lacking some Nitrogen, though? She also had one BioNeem treatment. What do you guys think? Would a natural light photo work better? 20200416_201545.thumb.jpg.b40e0a3bc12116953d998577efae7e49.jpg

4. Blueberry #2 - 10L material pot, planted in the same mix as the first Blueberry plant. She's in her 3rd week of feeding, but also picked up some problems here. Looks like calcium deficiency, but I would like to hear what some of you seasoned growers have to say? She also had one BioNeem treatment. When I was busy spreading her open I accidentally snapped a branch right on a node, I held it in place with one hand and made a nice wire frame to keep her in place and it seems she already repaired herself! Will include photo below20200416_201524.thumb.jpg.484294ad7bc373da8dc5aba141d0dea1.jpg20200416_181751.thumb.jpg.3f2972d34471bede137f35b5cbd78f89.jpg20200412_071232.thumb.jpg.f09005ae4a442c4469a7bd91afa3ec50.jpg

5. Super Lemon Haze - The late sprouter, she's still in a 5L plastic pot in FF prem mix with Myco and DE, will have to plant her in the same mix as the blueberries cause of this damn lockdown that's all I have on hand. She's on her 1st week of feed. Haven't had a BioNeem treatment yet. Topped her once. 20200416_201554.thumb.jpg.f425c34a4d651e2f68e01686044fa97e.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

An update is probably way overdue hahah, picked up some problems with the two blueberry plants, created a different thread on it and paid much more attention there for a while. 

Turned out the problem was wrong ph causing root damage. Waited for the two problem plants to dry out then got them all flushed and the two with the problem I flushed with about 3L of fresh tap water ph to 7 on the dot. The others just got about 2L. Waited a good week for them to be bone dry again and then gave a top dress of calcitic lime, gave a 25% of recommended dose of calmag along with 50% recommended dose of molasses (still getting my AACT brewer together!). Because of the stun they're much smaller in size than the rest of the plants at the same age I am only giving week 3 of the feeding schedule and the rest of the plants just went into week 6 already. With the one SLH also at 3 weeks, but no problems! Will take a few close ups and natural light photos soon to show the severity of the problem on the two blueberries. 

Below you'll easily be able to see the difference in size and colour already, but they're on their way and starting to look somewhat better. 20200503_074734.thumb.jpg.14241f735c19c72eb030684ad035778f.jpg

Photo was taken 3 May, 16/17 days from last post. 

Back left - Cheese

Back right - Banana Hammock

Front left - Blueberry #2 (Problem plant)

Front mid - Super Lemon Haze

Front right - Blueberry #1 (Problem plant)

It has occured to me that it might be weak genetics and all that, but I also think it's root damage. 

The lockdown made it a bit hard to get my hands on soil so to make my FF stretch I mixed the soil for those two pots with some extra coco/perlite and put a couple hands of vermiculite. The problem came in with the coco, it was a brick soaked in water with the wrong ph and I never tested it as stupid as that might sound, but I am sure that's what caused the problem... other than that everything else was in check so besides my coco error it might be genetics. Got more of them, will do another grow without the ph fuckup and see how that goes. 

• Like 1

Thanks my dudes, this is my first proper (still to upgrade everything anyway) indoor setup and only my 3rd grow in it, still learning more than anything else. Actually made a few rookie mistakes with this grow that made me feel like an idiot, but I really do appreciate the compliments! 

I love a variety, although I've smoked a bud before and said that I wouldn't mind if all the weed I ever smoked was that bud, but I'm sure even if that was true it would become tasteless and boring after a while.

@Live Canna what seeds did you pop?

• Like 1

So far so good buddy, looking awesome! I also prefer a variety and envy those guys who open their stash box and find 6 different strains to choose from depending on how bad the was lol

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

• Agree 1

On 5/15/2020 at 10:30 AM, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

Thanks my dudes, this is my first proper (still to upgrade everything anyway) indoor setup and only my 3rd grow in it, still learning more than anything else. Actually made a few rookie mistakes with this grow that made me feel like an idiot, but I really do appreciate the compliments! 

I love a variety, although I've smoked a bud before and said that I wouldn't mind if all the weed I ever smoked was that bud, but I'm sure even if that was true it would become tasteless and boring after a while.

@Live Canna what seeds did you pop?

Nice, so you are kind of in the same boat as me, just I am on my first grow.  Also still learning a lot.

I popped a bubba kush and bubbleberry. The Bubba Kush is taking a little longer but finally stuck its head out yesterday. The Bubbleberry already did on Tuesday I think. Looked a little weak, but I let it dry a bit as it was wet from the germination bit, and its starting to look good. I already transplanted it to a small pot. The other I have yet to transplant.

Then last night I decided to pop one more, Original Orange Bud, an auto. Straight in a 20l pot, no jiffy pellet. So lets see. Been trying to get the environment ironed out this week. Will update my other post just now about that and the changes.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2020 at 5:31 PM, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

Nice man that's very exciting hahah I just saw your thread on the DIY build and first grow! Will be following for sure! I am trying a little DIY build myself, got some wood that was laying around, might get a frame out of that. Wana start popping seeds and cloning and wana do that in a seperate setup.

Nice, sounds good 🙂 Yeah, I wanted to put funds into the more important things IMO like a good PH meter, light, extraction, soil etc. The tent for me, would be awesome, but for the first few grows is not critical.

I also want to maybe try my hand at the clones, but I have a Gorilla Glue Photo that I may try that with later this year..but I will see how these 2 photos go and take it from there.

Yeah man I agree, the tent is also actually not the best for a grow room, for many of us it's the best option, but a solid wall with the right reflective would be muuuch better than a tent anyway.

Clones are super easy, but it's definitly a trial and error process and each person has their preferred method, it's just a matter of finding what works for you!

I am excited for some gorilla glue, I've heard some good things. Will definitly put a few in the shopping cart on my next order!! How did your lady turn out so far, any photos?

59 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

Yeah man I agree, the tent is also actually not the best for a grow room, for many of us it's the best option, but a solid wall with the right reflective would be muuuch better than a tent anyway.

Clones are super easy, but it's definitly a trial and error process and each person has their preferred method, it's just a matter of finding what works for you!

I am excited for some gorilla glue, I've heard some good things. Will definitly put a few in the shopping cart on my next order!! How did your lady turn out so far, any photos?

Haha agreed. Would love to extend my garage forward to have a double volume.Then I would park in front and do a full garage set-up. Even if I don't use all  the space, would be lekker to have a proper room for it.

That seems to be the general consensus that they are not too difficult  to do. But i'll advance slowly 😂 Just want to get a proper indoor grow and harvest done as step 1 😋

Ah man, Gorilla Glue is one of my favourites. Really great night time smoke to chill and then sleep nicely, or take a little less and Saturday afternoon kind of vibe :-puffin

Have my 2 ladies going as well as a third one (auto) that I added last week, although the roots on that one have been going in circles. I did a bit of surgery last night to try help it,  will see if it survives and pops up. I am logging the 2 ladies on an external site here. Third one is not logged yet as it has not popped out yet:

https://growdiaries.com/diaries/61754-bubbleberry-totemic-genetics-grow-journal-by-live-canna
https://growdiaries.com/diaries/61752-bubba-kush-totemic-grow-journal-by-live-canna

Not sure if that is frowned upon here (posting links like that)...been on some "serious" forums where they would complain to ANY competition or sites etc.. 😁 Just can't log my stuff everywhere  🙂 But pics and details there. I updated the start of week 2 yesterday. I count from when the buggers show their head/leaves out the soil 😛 

hi guys im new to growing gona start with 6 clones , just wanted to know if the bulbs im getting would work fine for growing please assist
wanting to use these https://www.takealot.com/exo-terra-sun-glo-tight-beam-basking-spot-lamp-150w/PLID41124439

No they won't... What your budget like? Drop me a message, maybe I can help. Also from SA

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Time for an update

Not much has happened, as I had major problems with the Blueberry plant I kept all the rest of the girls steady just giving water and kept them all in 10L pots till I could save the Blueberry. I managed and so here we have al 4 girls in their final 20L pots, pulled a scrog net over them and shoved a pallet under them to help with the cold temps at floor level.

Trying to save the Blueberry set me back a good three weeks, so they are only on the 6th week of the feeding schedule right now and thinking I'm gona push them till about 9/10 weeks. Wana get some serious strech so I can clear out the under canopy.

Other than that, the 5th plant that was also a Blueberry problem plant moved over to intensive care, plus there was never meant to be 5 plants in this space.

20200602_065347.thumb.jpg.ee1b2a74623c589b39f9e06458aef86a.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Update

I forget to mention in my previous update, but I am sure it is very obvious from the picture aswell, one of the blueberry plants got removed from the tent as space was running out. So here we have the other Blueberry right in front on the left, next to her is the Super Lemon Haze, behind her is Banana Hammock and in the left back corner is Cheeeeeese. 

A week later and it looks like they exploded into the new pots, was hoping for a lot more stretch, but will do a complete defo, raise the lights and give them another week before flip and see how they react. 

I just add a little liquid vermi pure and some molasses to the water and ph it to 6.7 to 7.3. Foliar feed with Phyta from Biogrow. Got mycoroot and richoderma mixed in the soil for some activity, will be giving AACT once I get the first batch done. Got my pump a few days ago, so the bitch is a brewin'! 

I always like this 'under canopy' shot20200613_175602.thumb.jpg.d27c19095d94b4034f7146bd5ca76bbc.jpg

20200613_175449.thumb.jpg.494e232cf8c75a5948bbe67ca288f778.jpg

20200613_175402.thumb.jpg.5b2f53f3e3dc188043f7aebcad51e8ff.jpg

20200613_175117.thumb.jpg.4685fcdf656c770aeef10e8da0d1f54e.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Lets see,

They got day one of flip was Monday, 22nd. They got a lime top dressing also some more DE, Trichoderma and mycoroot. Gave them a tea, first tea I brewed myself in my new DIY vortex brewer! In the tea there was FF premium mix as a base and a hand full of indiginous soil from under the healthy bush here, some molasses, some liquid vermipure and also a scoop of trichoderma. Didn't wana do anything crazy just yet. They have also had 2 good MKP feeds at the recommended 7 weeks dosage. Been getting bi-weekly Bioneem and Phyta treatments which will now stop, because we have pistils!!!!!! Let's boogy! :-grooving

20200626_181421.thumb.jpg.3644704efba2078b6d41d268d12fce0a.jpg20200626_184152.thumb.jpg.e27f074cf58f10f27e5ec580343cf9fa.jpg20200626_184128.thumb.jpg.4f14443b7c37a2bf9765a4bf41f269eb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Flower Day 15.

For now most of my work is done here.

Tent filled out corner to corner, did the last hard defoliation, hopefully. They got their last BioNeem and BioPhyta foliage treatments. Top dressed with DE, Tricho, Myco and some Dolomite Lime. Covered the pots to the tops with some more FF premium classic. 

Giving AACT as often as possible, at least once a week and just 7.0ph water inbetween. Recipe for AACT is FF premium classic, Liquid Vermipure, Molasses, Tricho. (Playing it safe till I get to know the ropes)

Here they are pre-defo:(30 June)20200628_183744.thumb.jpg.561bc6b61faf1a56997607095a5b7432.jpg

Post-defo:(6 July)20200706_183538.thumb.jpg.c1b9550657d04009320fd238984dcb08.jpg

• Like 2