Humidifier for 1.5x1.5m tent

SativaSavage

Hey all,

I am having issues with keeping my humidity under 60 in my flower tent.

I have an external fixed air con in the room but even on turbo its not keeping the humidity down..

Can anyone recommend a dehumidifier that wont cost an arm and a leg?

I've seen some people use a portable air con inside the tent which i wouldnt be apposed to purchasing if it works.

Can anyone recommend a dehumidifier or portable air con if it has worked for you.

Thanks all!

Putting it into your tent will make the thingy work all the time very hard (constant air flow). If you already have a AC in the room (tent gets climate from the room), I would more tackle the air you suck into the room. And see how to get that more dry in the first place, or reduce the moisture in your tent. 

Where does the vent from your tent go, back into the room or outside tent and room?

Measure the humidity inside your tent, in the room and outside (three units). With those 3 numbers you should get an idea what is your "dry-est" air flow and change the air flow comparing to your needs. If the weather is very humid, i change the vent flow and just bring it outside the tent, not outside the room as usual, room AC doing her thing. (for longer periods you will have to bring in a CO2 generator (recommended anyhow), if you avoid the fresh air because of humidity)

Edited by Prom
added some more ^^

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By stinky
      Hello 420SA!
      I am in Durban, and I have been stewing in the heat and humidity of the past few days and wondering how members are maintaining their indoor grow environments under these weather conditions.
      In particular, I am interested in indoor spaces of one square meter or less including tents, cupboards, wardrobes or DIY spaces.
      Could you please share:
      What are your temperature ranges ? What are your humidity ranges ? What kind of space and size ? Tent/cupboard/DIY What kind of lighting  and power? CFL/HID/LED Veg schedule ? 24/0, 18/6, 12/1 or other Flowering lighting schedule ? 12/12, 11/13 or other Flowering in day or night ? What ventilation/cooling and power ? Fans/ACs in tent or room/other/none Humidity control ? Dedicated dehumidifier/other/none Maintenance of reservoir temperatures (if applicable) ? Chiller/ice water/ice blocks/other/none Anything I missed/additional comments or queries ? Hoping to hear from a lot of Durban/KZN folk, but welcoming contributions from any members with experience of growing under high heat and humidity conditions, even if briefly every year.
      How do you cope ?
      Peace!
    • By wanna be dagga kop
      Yo, so I recently started my first indoor grow. I never had humidity problems when I was testing on bag seeds but since I started my first proper indoor grow(exact same setup as the test) my humidity had been between 35 and 40.
      What can I do to increase humidity without buying a Humidifier? 
    • By Greg
      Howsit All 

First time grower here, and this is my first harvest, Went through like 3 failed attempted plants for various reasons, but finally my one plants produced what seems like a great quality and quantity yield. 

But as i know the job is only half way there, i now need to dry and cure. 
      My question is : how much should i trim to ensure a good slow dry process / 7-10 days or so here in johannesburg. 
      I dont have a hygrometer to measure humidity. So according to weather apps seems like its 65-70% ish which for johannesburg seems a bit high, but we have had allot of rain, and its seems to be cloudy here allot. 

Due to the big amount my plants harvested im drying in 2 separate places. 

1. A small clean room with good ventilation (when the door is open)  and cover from the sun. 
      2. Under cover by my car-port ( which i know is not great at all and could end up ruining part of my harvest due to the amount of sun it gets, but i have no other options) 
      2nd question: Is even a small bit of light going to drastically ruin the quality of the harvest?
      With my room i can choose to close the door for better darkness but wont have great air flow/ i can use a fan but it will dry too quickly then.

Recomendations to either leave door open and deal with light or close door and deal with air flow. 

Here are some pics of the set up.