SAHPRA Regulatory Framework

trichomechaser

This has been getting shared today and appears to be legitimate based off internal linking in the document. While it doesn't impact the recreational market or provide much insight into the home grower, it does provide a lot of information as to where the government is heading in terms of medicinal. The proposed model seems similar to the Canadian one, which isn't great - but it's certainly progress.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L4oW7YajBkvmMX_XHeIYozc6TESs99yG/view?usp=sharing

• Like 2

Sahpra only deals with the medical side of things. And if you want to produce medical cannabis that is whom you should listen too. But what about recreational use and a regulated framework around that? Or will the black market just continue as usual?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yeah, with only 10 months left for parliament to rectify the law to align with the concourt ruling, one would expect that we would have been invited to submit public input already. 

If we, the ones exercising our new found rights to grow our own, dont even get that gap, then those 'very clever' money hungry MPs who dont have clue about growing are going to keep us oppressed because it will suit this ones cousin and that ones brother. The hawks are already having a field day.

There has been no real footwork in changing the stigma around this plant since the concourt ruling, and both the far left and far right are still anti cannabis ie anti drug.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, SkunkPharm said:

Sahpra only deals with the medical side of things. And if you want to produce medical cannabis that is whom you should listen too. But what about recreational use and a regulated framework around that? Or will the black market just continue as usual?

I'm personally not as optimistic about the recreational side of things as others seem to be, I mean I'm ready to be pleasantly surprised. But it feels like the way everything is being approached, especially by Government is that there is 0 incentive for them to give a fuck about the local market in terms of end use. I feel like they're going to fixate more on the medical side of things, and probably just define limits for the court ruling, but I honestly can't imagine seeing a well structured, fair and locally productive route for recreational usage.

I've always thought we'd likely see medicinal implemented for several years before we see recreational addressed in any form we'd like to. But even then I see them taking a Canadian approach and making everything run through government with the favour of foreign companies as suppliers and government owned outlets.

Personally, I'm not too phased - as a grower for personal use, I'll continue to do as I do and grow for myself. But I certainly would like to see the stigmas removed through a well structured normalization.

• Like 3

The Canadian model has failed. The US model is failing. They are excluding the average small farmer. The black market has thrived these countries and with their regulations the black market will remain. If we want things to change court case will have to be faught. The premier of the Eastern Cape is at least trying to change things. And their is some talk between government departments. But things are changing to slowly to be in effect by September.

• Like 2

On 11/27/2019 at 8:28 AM, Totemic said:

Yeah, with only 10 months left for parliament to rectify the law to align with the concourt ruling, one would expect that we would have been invited to submit public input already. 

If we, the ones exercising our new found rights to grow our own, dont even get that gap, then those 'very clever' money hungry MPs who dont have clue about growing are going to keep us oppressed because it will suit this ones cousin and that ones brother. The hawks are already having a field day.

There has been no real footwork in changing the stigma around this plant since the concourt ruling, and both the far left and far right are still anti cannabis ie anti drug.

Hi

Input from the public will be opened in March 2020..

We wait patiently until then.

Cheers

• Like 2