Mad Scientist x Jackberry Outdoor Grow

Guest Totemic

What a mission it has been to get myself going this year. But never the less, here is the start of this log.  :-puffin

So, i popped some beans New Years day, and lost 9 to birds. I have this Robin that keeps coming back to breed in my garden every year, and their chicks are worse than an adult chicken I tell you.

I have dropped another 12 seeds, and they are starting to break the surface now.

Here is the sole survivor of round 1. Will post pics of the seedlings in a day or 2.

AV5IJhJ.jpg

B86xWTE.jpg

:-peace

Whats the genetic make up for this particular strain.

Mad Scientist ( Male ) is from Breeders Choice. Sannie is the breeder, and it's lineage is White Widow x Herijuana.

Jackberry F4 ( Female ) also one of Sannies creations, and is a cross of  Blueberry Indica F1 x Sannies Jack

Whats the genetic make up for this particular strain.

Mad Scientist ( Male ) is from Breeders Choice. Sannie is the breeder, and it's lineage is White Widow x Herijuana.

Jackberry F4 ( Female ) also one of Sannies creations, and is a cross of  Blueberry Indica F1 x Sannies Jack

Very very nice. Have you sampled the flavour and overall experience of this particular strain? I wish I could like more than once  :-gthumb :-gthumb :-gthumb:-clap

I have sampled bud from this cross over the last 2 years working with the line.

The buds are rock hard and dense, smothered in crystals. The overall terpene profile I've been selecting for is blueberry dominant and is apparent with all females.

This is a very relaxing strain, and great to end off a hard day's work with. Harvesting a bit later brings overwhelming relaxation, and will plant you to a couch, but not knock you out.

A Bud from the last grow.

vJoTEFO.jpg

Nice healthy looking plant you got there.

Thanks 420.

This year I am running with Comfrey tea/concentrates on my grows. A year ago I decided to plant some comfrey in an area of my garden, and they are now at a point where I harvest fresh leaves as necessary.

I will post up more detail on this wonderful fertilizer in a new thread.

These were planted a year ago, and below is what I planted this year.

i3NHJwo.jpg

X4Duba9.jpg

I don't control the light cycles with outdoor grows. It is outdoor flowering season now. All outdoor plants will start turning this month.

Plants also grow a bit differently outdoors compared to indoors. They are more stretched when under the sun. (This has a lot to do with the arc of the sun through the sky. The apex is growing from east to west as it follows the sun during the day.)  This same girl indoors will have tighter nodes and only be 25-35cm tall.

EDIT: Pre-flowering also has little to do with the light cycle. Once a plant is sexually mature, it will pre-flower.

Cool thanks, I have learnt something new today  :-gthumb

Very interesting, the reason I asked about preflower is wrt mothers. Mothers you can keep for quite sometime before actually going into flowering and only triggered by the change in its light cycle. Or is my understanding of preflowering and flowering totally off? :poke

My observation with pre-flowering has always been, that from about 4 weeks from seed the plant reaches sexual maturity, and starts developing the primordial flowering region. ( Where both male and female flowers develop from, right at the node. ) Plants are usually at their 4-5th node here. By node 6-8 development will have moved far enough along for you to discern male/female.

All cannabis plants I have grown have done this, even under 24hr light.

Once you shorten the light cycle, you induce flowering, where already developed primordia start blooming.

By LSTing her, I change her growing pattern. I like bushier plants spreading their energy to a few bud sites. Just this one LST turns a single cola plant in to an 8-10 cola plant, and at least 3 times more yield, but usually more.

I prefer LST over topping or Fimming. Both of these slow the plant down. Something I don't have time for given the calendar for outdoors.

Yeah, scrogging is great when you have a lot of time to veg for what feels like forever. Scrog is also your best use of the available light.

I suppose you can start LSTing any time after the first 3 weeks of age, although I wait until the 6-8th node has formed at least.

Personal choice though. I just find that the less you mess around with a seedling for it's first 5-6 weeks, the healthier the plant over all. It needs this time to focus on establishing a good root system, and not put so much focus topside. Once flowering starts, the root system you have is what you got. By day 21 of flowering the plant is almost solely focused on flowering, and very little happens below.