What monthly comps would you like to see?

420SA

Hi Folks

Although at times our Plant Of The Month competition has shown some promise with quite a few entries, the general entry turnout is usually poor. That's most likely down to plants being too young, people not growing at the time, not enough members, safety etc. etc.

So I'd like to know what kinda monthly competitions would you guys like to see? @StickyMo suggested we try run Nug of the Month again. How do you guys feel about that?

Hydro Herb Africa will continue to sponsor the great prizes. We just need the right competition with a decent number of entries each month!

Lets get some feedback so we can develop a comp that everyone can take part in  :rastabanana

:-peace

My thoughts?

As one of the site sponsors, I prefer to stay out of the competitions to give the other members a chance.

This forum is still young, and has almost 300 members, but why are so many so quiet?

I think a better question to ask is; What do the site users want out of the site? What would you like to see more of? What would engage you enough to join our conversation?

A forum is its users, and I would like to engage with more like minded people. You don't even have to be growing to take part.

So, lets assume for a moment that there are no limits to what can be placed on here; What would you like to see on the forum?

Guest grunterfish86

IMO keep the nice prizes but while the forum is new and not many grows been available make it  post of the month voted for it can be anything a diy build, tutorials, blunts, nugs and even your plant ? Also Google gamafication its super interesting here is a cut n past from wiki -

Gamification techniques strive to leverage people's natural desires for socializing, learning, mastery, competition, achievement, status, self-expression, altruism, or closure. Early gamification strategies use rewards for players who accomplish desired tasks or competition to engage players. Types of rewards include points,achievement badges or levels,the filling of a progress bar, or providing the user with virtual currency. Making the rewards for accomplishing tasks visible to other players or providing leader boards are ways of encouraging players to compete.

I know you have the seedling to trusted member progress but you could build on that and for every nominated entry could receive a star or badge and once three stars could reward something ect ??? Just my thought eventually when there's more participation can do more individual n specific comps ??

And personally im more than happy with what this forum is providing already and hopefully continues to

Guest Maxwell

What about competitions to match the prizes? I.e if it is a clone kit for the winner, the post must be something about cloning (Tutorial to info to a good picture) That way it also generates a bit of motivation to mix up the prizes (Not that one can ever have enough of those cloning kits. Geez, RW that dome and good hygiene - fail-safe  :-clap :-clap :-clap) Also helps the entrants original and the range of possible topics is endless! For one a good magnetic ballast tutorial and wiring diagram would be a great help to those who can't fork out the dorra for the shiny ones. Electrical wholesalers and a tutorial - boom a grand saved. And hell, imagine you could get one of them fancy ballasts as a prize?!  :poke  :-hilarious :-hilarious

Very very good input from you all thank you so much. Gonna sit down sometime in the week and give it some long hard thought.

Just a side note on what Trusted Members are, this is now up on the FAQ topic:

A Trusted Member is someone who has either made a contribution to the forum in the form of funds or prizes, or is personally known by the forum staff or the other Trusted Members. To achieve Trusted Member status, one must be proposed by a current Trusted Member and voted in by the rest of the Trusted Members. A separate board is dedicated for Trusted Member viewership only.

• 2 months later...
Guest Garethleauk

Well there is a competition that happens in the UK or European market hahaha the magazine is called SoftSecrets, you can actually view it online, they have pics of buds and boobs hahaha, so if you send it a pic of your bud your growing with some boobs you can win some pretty cool prizes. I  would even be willing to sponsor a ROOR bong brand new if this comp got up and running LOL or some bubble bags, got to make it worth it if them ladies are gonna get their bits out. haha nothing wrong with some buds and boob pics.

Just a suggestion lol

http://www.cannabis.info/uk/softsecrets/readers-wives/