CO2 Cylinder

iHigh

For a 37kg co2 its R660 a refill , R2700 deposit and a R100 a month rental . There are bottles for sale though if you look hard but they are like hens teeth . I own 3 cost me R1000 a bottle , it works like LPG gas you take your empty back and they give you a full one . @CG420za you could but those tiny bottles wont last long and you wont find a regulator that will fit them properly .

Also remember the regulator will cost you about R1400 and the co2 controller will cost you about R10000.

2 hours ago, Green Leaf Organics said:

For a 37kg co2 its R660 a refill , R2700 deposit and a R100 a month rental . There are bottles for sale though if you look hard but they are like hens teeth . I own 3 cost me R1000 a bottle , it works like LPG gas you take your empty back and they give you a full one . @CG420za you could but those tiny bottles wont last long and you wont find a regulator that will fit them properly .

Also remember the regulator will cost you about R1400 and the co2 controller will cost you about R10000.

That deposit is insane, my propane 50Kg bottle was 800 and the c02 was around the same price.

Yip .it's gone up a lot and I suppose different regions  , I wouldn't pay it . Rather look for a bottle you can buy . They like lpg gas bottles , they not surposed to be sold publicly but people do. Then it's a 1000 once off for the bottle . When I say its 37kg co2 I mean the actually co2 content not the total weight , it's a 100kg odd bottle 

Edited by Green Leaf Organics

3 minutes ago, Green Leaf Organics said:

Yip .it's gone up a lot and I suppose different regions  , I wouldn't pay it . Rather look for a bottle you can buy . They like lpg gas bottles , they not surposed to be sold publicly but people do. Then it's a 1000 once off for the bottle . When I say its 37kg co2 I mean the actually co2 content not the total weight , it's a 100kg odd bottle 

Okay 100kg is much bigger. Purchasing is fine and all, but then you need to be disciplined to get it serviced every year.

54 minutes ago, Green Leaf Organics said:

No bud dont think you following me or I am not explaining properly lol. They dont fill the bottle you take it in and they swap it for a full one , like LPG gas bottles . So you getting a different tank every time you go to refill 

Yes the explanation was a bit off, I know that vendors that I use will not accept externally purchased cylinders (hence I was referring to the servicing if you go this route). Bottles "rented" from them however they will replace as you stated. I buy lots of gas I know how the process works. 🙂

Edited by greenkush