Newb grow light

1 hour ago, Zaskar09 said:

Thanks for all the input guys, my 600w HPS is on the way.

I’ve decided to build the cabinet slightly larger (1m x 1.4m x 1.7m). With 6” active exhaust (venting into roof space) and passive intake, I’ll make the intake in such a way that I can add a fan if it’s needed. 

Ideally I would like to split the cabinet in two (veg and flower) at a later stage when my budget allows for a second light. Obviously this does not need to be another 600w HPS, I might just go for a few CFL’s for the Veg-chamber.

This is going to be a cheap Frankenstein build (apart from the light - still cheap, just not Frankenstein) with stuff I have around the farm. 

I’ve started my super soil (the GLO way) but I would like to start growing before it’ll be done cooking. Can I start in FF Premium and then switch to the living soil when I transplant (probably right before flipping)?

What amendments (if any) should I add to the FF premium to last me through Veg?

@Green Leaf Organics

Quick update:

I was a bit busy this weekend. Not nearly done yet but it’s getting there. Like I said this is a Frankenstein build, the only stuff I bought is the light.

Still need to build the door, seal the joints and paint.

Light: 600w Lumii HPS (will get MH lamp)

Extractor: 6” bathroom ceiling fan (ducting into roof space still needs to be done.

Passive intake, 1m x 1.4m x 1.7m. 

I made the roof a bit stronger than needed for additional storage space.

Excuse the mess, I still need to clean up the wiring etc (and the room) 😂

77DE95E3-A91D-4B0D-864B-88502CCC59EE.jpeg

BDD1FBD5-1495-4776-B8F2-85737A233AAC.jpeg

6733D650-E364-42F2-BFD4-ADE8CF7021F8.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks for all the input guys, my 600w HPS is on the way.
I’ve decided to build the cabinet slightly larger (1m x 1.4m x 1.7m). With 6” active exhaust (venting into roof space) and passive intake, I’ll make the intake in such a way that I can add a fan if it’s needed. 
Ideally I would like to split the cabinet in two (veg and flower) at a later stage when my budget allows for a second light. Obviously this does not need to be another 600w HPS, I might just go for a few CFL’s for the Veg-chamber.
This is going to be a cheap Frankenstein build (apart from the light - still cheap, just not Frankenstein) with stuff I have around the farm. 
I’ve started my super soil (the GLO way) but I would like to start growing before it’ll be done cooking. Can I start in FF Premium and then switch to the living soil when I transplant (probably right before flipping)?
What amendments (if any) should I add to the FF premium to last me through Veg?
Digital or magnetic ballast? You may want to consider mounting your ballast outside the cabinet to help with keeping Temps down. I had to run AC 24/7 during my last HID grow to keep temps down and some of them still had heat stress. I've done some DIU LED builds and I'm extremely satisfied with the results. Doubt I'll go back to HID.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2019 at 9:47 AM, SkunkPharm said:

How long are you cooking the soil for? Freedom farms are will be excellent choice to start you plants in. I use vermicompost and perlite to start seeds in. Works wonders.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

At what ratios? Might start using this for my vegetables, Jiffy pellets aren’t feasible at that scale.