420SA's Grow #1

420SA

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Toby and Fire the cheapest option I found in terms of CFL'S is by Eagle lighting in Cape Town. They sell a local brand called Flash and they produce CFL's up to 400w if I'm not mistaken. Their 85w  is R160 or somewhere around there. Check out their higher wattages as well. Prices not too bad

420 your plants by the fan look to be lacking  nitrogen.  In veg you should pump up the N.

When say plants by the fan do you mean all of them? lol

The B2B is looking hungry so I gave her a feeding of 870PPM on Wednesday and seems to be improving very slowly. I'm a bit worried it's a PH issue. Might need a flush

The picture labelled AMS.

You can see the leaves aren't a nice lush green, more a yellow green. That's nitrogen deficiency.

Try increase you N and she will come right. As you go into flower then it should start yellowing off,  from about the 4th week.

:-peace :-peace

Toby and Fire the cheapest option I found in terms of CFL'S is by Eagle lighting in Cape Town. They sell a local brand called Flash and they produce CFL's up to 400w if I'm not mistaken. Their 85w  is R160 or somewhere around there. Check out their higher wattages as well. Prices not too bad

Thanks, this is what they had.

CFL_pricing.thumb.jpg.6770ad8aff85274a8c8ab604b61ac329.jpg

Thanks, this is what they had.

Yip that's them! The 200w goes for a decent price hey!

Are you going to invest in one/did you?

Yeah man, certainly for that price. I was quite surprised how massive they are? They do have it in the E40 too.

At this moment making a shopping list and as the need arises I have know where to source and how it fits into my budget.

The heat on that thing must high.

Hi folks

Just a quick question with regards to my veg cab.

What would be more effective? 2 x 85w CFL's or just 1 x 150W MH? The cabs dimensions are W100xH100XD85

To me the MH seems like a far better option seeing as it pushes out 17300 lumens while the CFL's push out a lousy combined 8000 lumens. What would you guys use in this case?

:-puffin no worries!!

I think I read somewhere that dimming bulbs isn't all that good for them or might lead to them having shorter lifespans, not all too sure on that info though.

I think most makes are dimmable, I'd make sure the bulb works with digital ballasts(usually says on the box or website). My 400w dual spectrum bulb doesn't react well to dimming or super lumens though, it starts to flicker. Read up on the net that dual spectrums do tend to do that though so not all bulbs react well to dimming.