420SA's Grow #1

420SA

Very nice 420SA! Looks like you left them in some capable hands!  :-clap :-clap Toby I think you can veg under HPS, provided the hours are still 18/6 or whatever. At least I have been told this... I use MH  :-peace

Wow those plants look amazing. You are lucky to know people who would look after your plants for you so well. Must be an experienced grower. Looking forward to seeing the end results.

Defintely some capable hands. He's an accomplished grower with many good grows under the belt  :-gthumb

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Folks

It's day 43 today of veg and a lot has changed since my last update. Did it a little bit of cloning on the weekend so the plants are looking rather torn up since the last update lol main reason for the cloning is purely for learning purposes.

Nevertheless they will recover! Topped and cloned the TBH, AMS and the B2B. I quite like how the B2B is bushing out, which is needed seeing as it's displaying a definite sativa dominance. Also re potted the B2B and the TBH since the last update.

The AMS was a great looking plant until it started to show a mag deficiency last week which hurt her a bit, so after the topping she's looking really bare, mainly due to the fact that the fan leaves died from the mag def...

The Kings Kush really is a hopeless plant that I really should chuck but haven't got the guts to, hanging onto my last hopes with her which is why I've added another 2 seeds to this grow as you can see on the left. A Jack Herer and a Bubba Kush, both fem  ;D

Oh yea one more thing, I've also switched back to a 400w MH for the vegging.

I may hold off on the updates for a bit while the plants recover properly and get back into some proper growth.

Till then

:-peace

Apologies for the poor photo quality this time!

20150115_161725.jpg.9696371dac12e72de0e9f62b9f2f1c4e.jpg

20150115_161651.thumb.jpg.2c318c66a2c0d5f76bc33462d9df92e7.jpg

Its been 8 days since I took the clones. I reckon they must be rooted now as they're looking very lively and I found them fully upright this morning inside a very dry dome which I believe is a sign that they have rooted?

As I say this is my first time cloning so any advice is needed. When should I transfer them to medium and should I start feeding them while still in the jiffy pellet?

:-peace

20150119_081740_zps8fofwt04.jpg

Guest Maxwell

I'd suggest throwing a little perlite in the bottom, wait for the roots to push through the tissue, then transplant. I wouldn't feed until they have rooted in the new medium...

Moving conversation here.

Just had a look at the numbers, the makeup of Nutriplex should allow you to use CalMagN+ up to before Epsolm salts with nute feed until around 3 weeks to finish, unsulphured Blackstrap molasses flush 2nd last week and straight water flush final week without issues.

Dunno if I'm just really blazed right now but I lost you at CalMagN+ lol are you saying I can suuplement with CalMagN+ up until a point where I must switch to epsom salts?

Guest Maxwell

I dunno what SM does right, but imo Molasses does not go with Nutriplex. Rather use Calmag and Epsom if you must. Otherwise read the bottle  :sillyass  :-hilarious Which has the Mg and Ca in them? Just don't drop the vegging nutes as much, and raise the pH a little when feeding (6.2) to allow for the Ca and Mg and less N. Imo the elements from the Molasses aren't worth the sugars in the mix...

Thanks chaps all input is valuable!! Just needed to clear up that misunderstanding.

With my last grow, epsom really helped with sorting out mag deficiencies but obviously the risk of salt build up is there. If I flush regularly, say every 2 weeks would I be fine using epsom every now and then?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally the next update!

Growth rate is starting to pick up nicely since the cloning and topping. All clones successfully rooted and have been potted, their growth is also coming along well :thumbups I really thought cloning would be a pain in the anus for some reason but it isn't at all to be honest... totally hassle free ;D

I transplanted the B2B into her final 25L pot and I'll be doing the same to the TBH soon. The AMS is lagging a bit behind because she was struggling in the early stages after the topping.

The King's Kush I stuck outside as that plant was a waste of space in the tent, all 3 clones overtook its growth so that was the final straw for me  :sillyass

My one concern, although not major, is the light green colour of the TBH and B2B. I'm currently feeding with a PPM of 700-750, surely that's enough for the current size?  ::) I am supplementing with Horti's CalMagN+

20150204_155530_zpsginvyqht.jpg

B2B Clone

20150204_110259_zpsyqon80zj.jpg

Guest Maxwell

Looking good baas!!!  :-clap :-clap The light green I would lean toward the start of a pH issue, or over-watering leading to poor uptake. Nutes sound high enough to me, but there seems to be some deficiency. Perhaps try super-charge them next feed, then just water following that. JOMO  :-peace

Could be a PH issue sir as I noticed a PH of about 5.3-5.4 on the run off a short while back. I did a light watering to the TBH yesterday with some epsom salts though and I'm noticing a difference this morning.

What's your opinion on RO water?

Guest Maxwell

5.3 or so should be giving your plant more N, so perhaps you are looking at the beginning of Mg, which is absorbed higher. RO water is great if you have the machine but geez in my mind tap water suffices.

RO water is great if you have the machine but geez in my mind tap water suffices.

My local Oasis factory shop sells RO water for R1 a litre so money isn't too much of an issue.

I'm not really fussed about how clean RO water is, although that's a clear benefit. It's just so much easier to manage PH . It has a PH of 6.0 and that PH doesn't change much at all when adding nutes. Haven't used PH down in ages as a result

Guest Maxwell

But you're running DTW with a hand water right? When you're mixing a 300L res that is bubbling and feeding multiple times a day, RO water starts looking less appealing. JOMO  :-peace

Time for an update on proceedings  ;D

Nearing the end of veg in the tent and I plan to switch to 12/12 next weekend.

Did some LST with the TBH and B2B. The B2B's branches are quite thin and make it very easy to LST so I've given her quite a lot of spread, should allow her to push up a couple more tops.

I did 2 forms of training on the 2 clones I have in the tent now(other clone went outside). I Supercropped the B2B clone and FIMMed the TBH clone.

I plan to veg the clones and the other 2 seedlings in my veg cab I'm currently finishing up, then add them to the flower tent when they're ready to flower. That'll swing into action as soon as my tent switches to flower.

Will post my update on the first day of 12/12. Till then  :-peace

AjZHgr.jpg

TrGUB7.jpg

Thunderbud Haze

2yKdzt.jpg

Perhaps not the conventional way but I like to use thin wire to do LST

LRQCVk.jpg

Black To Black

9kiCVn.jpg

AMS

LyNyAj.jpg

Supercropped B2B Clone