Hermies

Trailblazer420

Nah you not stepping on toes. Just the way I communicate. Excuse me for I am feral to say the least. Definately not socialized. 

As for the breeders bible. Yeah it's great info but breeding becomes breeding when you are breeding. Good starting stock...no impeccable starting stock is the key. 

• Like 2

Hahaha no worries - not so well socialized myself lol builds the best character though 😂😂😂 wanted to make sure i wasnt coming across as attacking anyones knowledge because any knowledge is sacred in my opinion and im trying to obtain abit of everyones 🤣🤣🙏 i just like the guidelines from all the theory i go through - believe me all theory is only theory 

I learnt this when i took a few years before even germinating a seed to do research on the plant and i still had to learn a dang side more in practice than what any theory taught - but thank goodness for the research as it helped alot when i experienced hiccups while starting up 

I would really love the space and opportunity to start on some proper breeding projects 

Now when you say good starting stock - do you refer strictly to the pheno expression of the individuals regardless of lineage ? 

You know SA - someone will call a strain something it definitely is not which leaves you with no lineage information but the individual has great genetic qualities - what does one do in such instances ? 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

You know SA - someone will call a strain something it definitely is not which leaves you with no lineage information but the individual has great genetic qualities - what does one do in such instances ? 

Spot on, especially after the industry boom. Referring to@Oolong83's earlier post, when you buy an outdoor strain, ie lemon skunk, the seeds in that baggie has some lemon skunk origin perhaps, but more than likely 50% the seeds produced is a poorly grown Swazi from the neighbours' first grow, thinking his growing poison but its a male.

Don't get me wrong, I've grown out some very nice bagseed, but it certainly wasn't the strain I bought in that 'bankie'

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

Sprout at least 50 regular f1's of your strain, you should have at least 25 females , take 2 clones off every female while still in veg. tag and keep in veg room. Take the remaining females that you cut clones off and start stressing them with heat, light, humidity,cold. Make them unhappy. They will quikly turn herm, if they have that in their genetics. The ones that dont turn herm are your keepers and you have 2 copies in the veg room. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bay Seeds said:

Sprout at least 50 regular f1's of your strain, you should have at least 25 females , take 2 clones off every female while still in veg. tag and keep in veg room. Take the remaining females that you cut clones off and start stressing them with heat, light, humidity,cold. Make them unhappy. They will quikly turn herm, if they have that in their genetics. The ones that dont turn herm are your keepers and you have 2 copies in the veg room. 

Well. Yes. And no. Taking it deeper into the alles that trigger hermaphodism is what you are selecting out with the stress testing you refer too. 

Doing it on an F1 generation seems a moot point though. The very nature of an F1 generation will get you the same results,  the same alles you are checking for will be either dominant or recessive. Ie. They will all herm under similar stress, or they wont.

This stress testing gives better selection results after the recombination event of crossing for an F2.

• Like 1