Led grow lights.. And my first grow

Double R

Yo Bud,you always the wizer..

Thinking about lower canopy penetration and put those little lights all over where you can get good potential fat colas.

You aint see nothing yet.

Cant wait to flip the switch on this bitch.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa..thats not much..i really pushed this veg cycle mainly because of the clones. Look the plant is huge atm im talking abt a 1m tall for indoor tent setup. Im really hoping and praying to pull much more than that off this one plant. More importantly the chips on these Leds..i must just mess around and build my own shit soon

Ya, 6000 lux isn’t that much, but then you gotta remember that’s only 20watt, which blows my mind. I’m telling you- if you can pull 20 grams of half decent dry bud under that light, I’m going to have to rethink my lighting strategy.

Yo Budwizer, can you elaborate more on what you meant by this.

Hi bud 

This is your first grow so a good estimate for now is you can take your total wattage and multiply it by 0.5 and you will get a rough estimate of what you will yield . To give you some comparison my flower canopy is at 90000 Lux. Light intensity is critical in flower , in veg you can get away with a lot less

Cheers

Ya, 6000 lux isn’t that much, but then you gotta remember that’s only 20watt, which blows my mind. I’m telling you- if you can pull 20 grams of half decent dry bud under that light, I’m going to have to rethink my lighting strategy.

Yo Budwizer, can you elaborate more on what you meant by this.

As GLO touched on, you can expect around 0,5 gram per watt. Sorry bud, but those be the facts.

Thus, what I meant was: if you pull a gram per watt, of even airy, popcornish dry bud, then you’ve sold me, and I will invest time and effort and money in similar lighting for my future grows. You will have proven to me, that further investigation into using these lights is worth it.

Hi bud

I don't really like taking about what  wattage i have because there's a huge difference between a 250w cfl and a 250w hid , both will grow a plant but the hid will be way better.

The cold hard facts hear are is that a 20w led spotlight has no place in flower... sorry but the yield of that will be very poor and your bud will be light and fluffy . I am not guessing here it's science, that small led just simply does not put out enough energy to feul your  plant properly  in flower.

I really don't mean to be a dick and rain on your parade but if you flower with that light you will be disappointed , there have been many people before you trying the same thing .

When it comes to veg as I said you don't need nearly as much light, flower is where it counts . My flower room us 3 x the wattage of my veg room.

Why not look at getting a 105w cfl or similar for flower ? At least then you looking at a 50g yield and not 10g

Just my 2 cents

Ps your plant is 1m tall? If so a 1m plant in veg  belongs under a 1000w hps in flower to get complete penetration

GLO and Budwizer spot on. To add on a bit more:

Wattage comparison will yield different lumen output, and when comparing to or amongst LED, one can't really use lumens too accurately, PAR rather than a lux meter / value is kinda needed. It's all about photon density.

As to the spotlight / spectrum etc. Those LED spotlights have a very narrow beam angle, 15-30 degrees I guess? Which means very little spread and therefore quite intense light within the beam angle, requiring higher hanging heights than 90deg for e.g. 

6000K is very blue for flower and shouldn't be used, unless as supplemental with a balanced spectrum. 

Need to be looking for more red dominant spectrum and this varies a bit depending on LED, CFL, etc. a 2700K - 3500K LED is often used, whereas with CFL one sticks with warm white around 2700K. If you're looking at wavelengths, tend to look for peaks at around 640-660nm odd, with other wavelengths filling out the spectrum.

If you're confused af and want LED, but don't have time to research nor budget to get topshelf right now, go with a CFL build to get you moving quickly. Otherwise if want more medium/long term solution go with HID depending on space, cooling, etc.

Plant%20Absorption%20Peaks%20PAR%20&%20McCree%20curves%20T.png

Guys , we need to remember the LED bulbs are also an option not only CFL bulbs.

Here is a buddy going in on a mini tent using LED bulbs and killing it.d24ecaf0723bf1e7706aed88a870e6f7.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Whats the specs on those LED bulbs?

The gavita 6/750w DE flex runs at 2.2 umol per Watt, they really are amazing lights for 750w

Those are a beast Brother. Wish I could get one....perhaps someday when I convert the whole garage to a grow area . Just Need both Laws to change, the judicial and the female one sitting next to me.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk