Watering, the when, the how the how much ect

GreenBeard

Hi Guys,

Wane get everyones input here.

Watering your plants, do you fully drench, wait till it dries out and water again, or do you water small amounts more regularly?

What is the more prefered method? as i cant see what is right or wrong even if there is a right or wrong.

how do you water, what growing medium are u using and why do you waterlike that?

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Been reading allot of the threads, came across a over watering thread that gave me a nice link to grow weed easy.

seelink below.

Appears the water till run off then leaving them to dry out and then water again is the best or prefered method.but still want to hear from the rest of the guys here.

http://www.growweedeasy.com/how-often-water-marijuana

Hi Guys,

Wane get everyones input here.

Watering your plants, do you fully drench, wait till it dries out and water again, or do you water small amounts more regularly?

What is the more prefered method? as i cant see what is right or wrong even if there is a right or wrong.

how do you water, what growing medium are u using and why do you waterlike that?

When depends on your medium and environment. How depends on whether you have hands or not :-hilarious

hahahahahaha, medium organic soil mix, enviroment, indoor, nutes boibizz, eish hands... dependa how much i have smoked.. lmao

Soil is tricky. The safest I'd think would be to go on weight and feel, pick up your pots before you water, feel what they feel like when dry. Also, the top layer of soil must be dry, push your finger down into the medium like 1-2 knuckles down. if it's dry, water her. If your drainage is bad, the finger test won't be a good test. So do both.

Still depends on a number of variables

How much aeration is there in the medium? i.e. how much perlite.... also depends on how much coco there is too I guess

As a broad guideline, usually once a week should be fine, twice a week max

This all comes down again to knowing your set up. There is preferes waterig method that i will try out, water till run off then let them dry, hopefully they will dry up fast enough and can get two waterings per week.

Lets say we both use the same soil, but your humidity is different to mine or aie cycle or fans, this all can contribute right?

Knowing your grow medium and spending more time with your plants will allow you to know when to water?

The main question remains, water till run off or less water more sugularly?

RH and temp plays a roll. I noticed with my RH and temps being high in summer, they drank more. Lower temps and high RH in autum, they drank less. Still trying to figure it out 100% but you need to know more about your setup in general.

I'm not a soil grower, but considering you're using nutes also, I think a little run off should be fine. With coco it's a must to wash out salt build up. Not sure if your microbes will deal with excess nutes man

Rather a little run then  on and have a problem. I have never read anywhere that run off is a issue unless you using no nutes and only using heavy soils ie: living soil...

trying to sort out my things properly so i can start a grow journal. lmao

I am trying different mediums with bag seed. From normal soil, soil mixed with river sand, organic potting soil, potting soil mixed with dry compost-peat-vermiculite & some rock dust. The mediums that are heavy & don't drain very well, I drill excess holes in the pots, at the sides & open up the ones at the bottom.

As for watering I wait for the leaves to droop slightly & then water until the water drips out from the bottom. Normally good for about 10 days for me as it's cold now.

Cannabis roots dont like soil like that , loose soil with a lot of air in it is best.  While it may grow fine you won't yield well as the root ball won't have gotten as big as it would have if you had better soil. 10 days is way to long between watering unless they seedlings. Cannabis just doesnt like being wet that many days in a row in a pot. In the end of the day it's all about yield , just my 2 cents

As I mentioned, I am trying out different things with bag seed before I outlay huge bucks on good strains from a decent seedbank. I have a few plants under LED, others CFL & am just playing around with different things to make sure I don't mess up when I purchase seeds for around R180-00 a pop. I got half a cube of organic soil plus the other stuff mentioned in the above post. I only mixed today for the new seeds that will be going in by the weekend. I add no heat to the room yet either so the growth is slow, but the plants are doing well.

If you're mixing soil today for planting on the weekend, your grow journal will look like this:

Day one: yay! Beans planted

Day seven: oh no! What's wrong, why my leaves all dyin and stuff.

Then you'll be here on the forum asking what we think, can any body help etc. etc.

Don't say I didn't tell ya.