Jump to content
AcidAlice

First time indoor grow

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

I'm starting my first indoor grow soon, getting a 100 x 100 x 200cm tent. I'm trying to see what LED will be good enough, so far I have decided on this one:

https://growguru.co.za/collections/plant-lighting/products/720w-cob-full-spectrum-led-grow-light

Has anyone used it?

EDIT: Or this one? https://hydroponic.co.za/hydroponics/mars-ii-400-led/

Thanks.

Edited by AcidAlice
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have looked at the light. They do not specify what brand of cob light it has. If you are looking for a light why not head over to growopz site and check out some comparisons between lights. And he has killer prices. There are a couple of companies/websites with QB boards. Does any one have a QB lying around as an extra?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ended up ordering the following:

Plant Marker × 10
Digital Indoor Hygrometer × 1
Scrog Net - Screen of Green × 3
Nitrile Gloves - Black × 1
3ml Pipette × 10
Rope Ratchet Grow Light Hangers × 2
In Line Duct Fan TD Silent × 1
Digital Timer × 1
Air Ducting Hose Clamp × 8
Plain Ducting × 1
150mm 6” Desk & Tent Clip Fan × 2
Fish Mix - Bio Bizz × 1
Bio Bloom - Bio Bizz × 1
Bio Grow - Bio Bizz × 1
Grow Guru Fabric Pots 5gal/19L × 6
Small Grow Tent 100 X 100 X 200cm × 1
G4 - 720W COB - Full Spectrum LED Grow Light × 1
Freedom Farms Premium Growing Medium × 2
Soil Moisture Meter × 1
Soil pH Meter × 1
PLANT!T pH Meter × 1
Precision Pruner Curved Blade × 1
Boveda Humidity Control Sachets - Boveda 8g 62% × 10
Quantum Filters 100mm - 100mm x 300mm × 1
Surgical Scalpels - Reusable Stainless Steel Scapel Handle × 1
Garland Large High Dome Propagator × 1
Green Stretchy Tape × 1
Microscope Loupe 30X × 1
Liquid pH Down - 500ml × 1
Liquid pH Up - 500ml × 1
7.0 pH Calibrating Solution - 250ml × 1
Rockwool - Rockwool Square Plug 36mm x 40mm × 20

Barney's Farm Pineapple Express Auto
Dutch Passion Auto Mazar
Barney's Farm Blue Cheese Auto

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Setting yourself up for a good one. Autos are not the easiest to start off with. Good luck I'm sure you will make a success of it though. You have the right equipment.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it ok to germinate in a small rockwool plug and transfer it to a 19L soil bag later? Not sure if soil and rockwool are incompatible, or there could be some other issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have done that quite a few time and had no issues.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AcidAlice said:

I ended up ordering the following:

Plant Marker × 10
Digital Indoor Hygrometer × 1
Scrog Net - Screen of Green × 3
Nitrile Gloves - Black × 1
3ml Pipette × 10
Rope Ratchet Grow Light Hangers × 2
In Line Duct Fan TD Silent × 1
Digital Timer × 1
Air Ducting Hose Clamp × 8
Plain Ducting × 1
150mm 6” Desk & Tent Clip Fan × 2
Fish Mix - Bio Bizz × 1
Bio Bloom - Bio Bizz × 1
Bio Grow - Bio Bizz × 1
Grow Guru Fabric Pots 5gal/19L × 6
Small Grow Tent 100 X 100 X 200cm × 1
G4 - 720W COB - Full Spectrum LED Grow Light × 1
Freedom Farms Premium Growing Medium × 2
Soil Moisture Meter × 1
Soil pH Meter × 1
PLANT!T pH Meter × 1
Precision Pruner Curved Blade × 1
Boveda Humidity Control Sachets - Boveda 8g 62% × 10
Quantum Filters 100mm - 100mm x 300mm × 1
Surgical Scalpels - Reusable Stainless Steel Scapel Handle × 1
Garland Large High Dome Propagator × 1
Green Stretchy Tape × 1
Microscope Loupe 30X × 1
Liquid pH Down - 500ml × 1
Liquid pH Up - 500ml × 1
7.0 pH Calibrating Solution - 250ml × 1
Rockwool - Rockwool Square Plug 36mm x 40mm × 20

Barney's Farm Pineapple Express Auto
Dutch Passion Auto Mazar
Barney's Farm Blue Cheese Auto

You literally need a quarter of all the stuff you ordered lol...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, SkunkPharm said:

I have looked at the light. They do not specify what brand of cob light it has. If you are looking for a light why not head over to growopz site and check out some comparisons between lights. And he has killer prices. There are a couple of companies/websites with QB boards. Does any one have a QB lying around as an extra?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
 

That light is rather shitty unfortunately, its a classic alibaba import. Also I'd advise against growopz, their prices are not competitive and you can build something powerful for the same price or just under.

Edited by greenkush

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That light is rather shitty unfortunately, its a classic alibaba import. Also I'd advise against growopz, their prices are not competitive and you can build something powerful for the same price or just under.
Not every body is electrically minded or did not have physics at school. For us normal people, we buy shit. Your lights are killer though. The light is a good start, but not something I would have gone with. The new Mars bar lights are a good investment. According to me, if you are not looking to build a light yourself.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, greenkush said:

You literally need a quarter of all the stuff you ordered lol...

No, I need it all 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, greenkush said:

That light is rather shitty unfortunately, its a classic alibaba import. Also I'd advise against growopz, their prices are not competitive and you can build something powerful for the same price or just under.

It will have to do 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, SkunkPharm said:

I have done that quite a few time and had no issues.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
 

Thanks 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AcidAlice said:

No, I need it all 😉

A soil moisture probe? You know your finger does the same thing right? and its free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SkunkPharm said:

Not every body is electrically minded or did not have physics at school. For us normal people, we buy shit. Your lights are killer though. The light is a good start, but not something I would have gone with. The new Mars bar lights are a good investment. According to me, if you are not looking to build a light yourself.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
 

Anything Mars is rubbish.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, greenkush said:

A soil moisture probe? You know your finger does the same thing right? and its free.

It's not for the soil 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AcidAlice said:

It's not for the soil 😉

Then pry do tell what you bought a soil probe for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI -

Fish Mix - Bio Bizz × 1
Bio Bloom - Bio Bizz × 1
Bio Grow - Bio Bizz × 1

Was a waste

Bio - Grow = Soil Fert

Bio - Fish = Hydroponic type fert (coco, none composted soils)

You don't use the fish and grow together

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, greenkush said:

Then pry do tell what you bought a soil probe for?

For the soil 😛 I just don't like getting my nails dirty.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, greenkush said:

FYI -

Fish Mix - Bio Bizz × 1
Bio Bloom - Bio Bizz × 1
Bio Grow - Bio Bizz × 1

Was a waste

Bio - Grow = Soil Fert

Bio - Fish = Hydroponic type fert (coco, none composted soils)

You don't use the fish and grow together

Not everything is for the first/same grow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, AcidAlice said:

Not everything is for the first/same grow.

But everything has a shelf life 😉

 

Anyways good luck with your grow.

Edited by greenkush

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...