First time grow....Autoflowering Cheese-Feminized.

Deebo420

Hi

Only put the germinated seeds in the soil yesterday, so no nodes are showing yet.  Do I first wait for the nodes to show before putting it in direct sunlight?

Put them in the shade, or maybe a lit room or something until they have a node or two. gives the plants a bit of a relaxed start.. ive ruined a few seeds in the CPT sun, by not doing this. actually still learning.. this is my trickiest part of the grow :P

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeds are popping out of the grow medium, I think that's a good sign.  One of the three seed's tap root has popped out of the soil, not sure how that happened.

Do I leave it or plant it back with the tap root facing down?

That's for the advice on getting bigger Potts and placing in a shaded area.

The journey continues

IMG_0876.thumb.JPG.0c87034d3c4a5dc6b149be1fe8637d42.JPG

If small enough, you could try reposition it with with tweezers, or grab a rockwool cube or a rapid rooter, gently remove seedling with tweezers and place in the cube, with root in correct position. Place cube back into coco and continue. It may angle down on its own but yeah, havent actually had this happen to me, yet.

My plants are starting to take shape, which is encouraging.  In three weeks time I hope to start with nutrients.  Is that to late or should I start earlier?

I have Biobizz grow, is that good to start out with?

The instructions says 1ml per litre, but how much of the solution do I feed to the plant itself?

How often do I feed the plants nutes?  Every second day or every week?

My plants are starting to take shape, which is encouraging.  In three weeks time I hope to start with nutrients.  Is that to late or should I start earlier?

I have Biobizz grow, is that good to start out with?

The instructions says 1ml per litre, but how much of the solution do I feed to the plant itself?

How often do I feed the plants nutes?  Every second day or every week?

Organic nutes stay in the soil a bit longer than the chemical nutes so you can often skip a feed, just give water inbetween. If you see nute burn, dial it back. I generally use the upper limit of the nutes during full veg and flower, so about 3-4 full caps(30-40ml), mixed into about 10ltrs of water. Each plant generally gets about 2.5 to 3lts of water per feed.

If outdoors, and hot, You could feed more regularly, and top up with plain water every day. I generally go on a feed today, no feed tomorrow though. As they move into full flower, I tend to feed maybe every day, until I see that there may be a bit of burn, then dial it back, flush etc and continue. I could be going about this all wrong, but sort of works for me.

I cant speak about biobuzz but what i can say, I use seagrow and i feed mine every second water depending on your grow medium, i start light with half recomended and build from there, I grow in soil (costom made with all the good stuff and i have never had ph problem its a buitiful mix and he wont tell me what all he uses) that makes a nice buffer for my plants to never run out of food, i find that as it gets bigger i can see by the plant if it needs more.

Look its your first grow stick to bang standard feeding and watering cycles till you start to understand how the plant reacts and acts.

Keep the pics coming

"real ganja farmer see no drought"

Unfortunately, one of my girls has passed on.  Accidentently being knocked over by our neighbour's cat. 

I have two left, hopefully they make it to harvest. 

A bit bummed, but as they say " you win some, you lose some"

I added rooi bos mulch, smells amazing.  Good idea or bad idea?

IMG_0924.thumb.JPG.f42835bc66cdf69ee5f23cb3c085c45f.JPG

IMG_0923.thumb.JPG.0ba3ce896434c850ca92a7b87669afda.JPG

You are really going to need to put some thinking into your medium. What I am seeing with all those different sized, layered particles is a pH timebomb waiting to happen. Honestly I would loose the hydroton, its doing nothing there.

When considering your medium, it should be a consistent mix, that is fine, but aerated. If you want to really go an organic route lookup some of the soil recipes here on the forum. I have one posted here where I use local ingredients to make a super soil.

As far as moving plants around in and out. You are really causing stress. That plant is so much tougher than you think, and will do so much better without constant micro-intervention. Leave them be and let them do their thing.