Last Winter Grow 2016

Toby

Hi guys,

I have decided to try and squeeze in another grow before outdoor season begins.Trying to dial in my formula with this grow. Make more detailed notes and have more fun.

My medium will be organic. My own mix using Totemic & GLO's recipes.I have about 350ltrs cooking about a year now.

Im using CFLs for germination 140w mixed spectrum and HID(400W) + LED(240w) for veg & flower.

Nutes: Hoping to use less,lol Biobizz Grow & Bloom, AACT, EM SOil, fulvic & amino acids.

Grow technique: Scrog (due to space limitations)

The genetics are of breeders doing their thang.

Golden Tree - Afghan landrace X TGA Subcool's Pandora's box (regular) (PA)

Totemic - Northern Jack F1 (regular) (NJ)

Totemic - Chocolope Kush X NL F1 (regular) (CL)

Popped 3 regular beans of each strain last week Sunday for their 24hr soak. 24hrs later planted them in my seedling mix.

1 part of the above soil mix

1 part earthworm castings

1 part perlite.

Half of the total seedling mix I throw into a container, saturate it well with dechlorinated water. Take the other half of the mix and mix with the wet soil. The result a moist and well aerated soil mix. Using a match stick I make hole about 1 cm deep. Drop the seed and cover it up. Using my spray bottle is give a couple of concentrated squeezes of water just to help settle the soil. I apply zero pressure on the top soil.

Going trough all of the above I noticed my heating mat is not working. My concern was with the cold weather, how will it affect the germination.So I opted to add additional CFLs to bring the heat up, worked like a charm, temp range 22-28. RH40-60%

4 days later the NJ made the 1st appearance followed closely by PA and a day later CL. It has been week later and it looks like PA its taking the lead.

Im not growing all to flower. Hoping to select the best of each strain to grow to flower. 4-5 plants depending, but we will see how it goes.

Ill try and document in more detail as I progress with this grow.

Some pictures below.

IMG_20160815_193923.thumb.jpg.29159c1c8727b9c5de2fcc92a0336c07.jpg

IMG_20160820_085300.thumb.jpg.79eecd2eaee4eae224860ac0660e7342.jpg

IMG_20160822_174222.thumb.jpg.b68bf9c1c7ba38c986f084bd59fdd84e.jpg

IMG_20160822_174247.thumb.jpg.36c57d8a4c40ce51e28ffc5ce28099ff.jpg

Really looking forward to this one Toby. Nice brother! Some interesting genetics as well. Babies all look nice and healthy.

Shot bro. I was going to wait for outdoor season as I have bud to carry me over till then. I thought lets try one more and do some experimenting while we at it. Hopefully get some more bud out of the experience? :poke

Hi Guys,

A week as passed. I had to pot up and change environments due to circumstances. The containers I germed in was quite small and dried out quickly. I wasn’t going to be available for 2 days and I did not want them to be impacted negatively in my absence. The only thing I could think of was to pot up. The soil will take much longer to dry out.

Most of them are quite fragile still without a well-developed root system. I was a bit concerned with this action, but it was an opportunity to learn.

I took all the necessary precautions and handled the whole process with utmost care. I prepped my 2,5ltr containers with my potting mix a base layer of earthworm castings and a healthy dose of mycorrhizae to help them settle into their new environment. 

They currently living under a 400w MH and responding well. I am using Joe Pietri's 12-1 light schedule. So far so good, I’ll give them another 7-10 days before I start giving them amino acids.

Some pictures below.

IMG_20160830_183127.thumb.jpg.532c8082de638930d470d1b6e04001ac.jpg

IMG_20160830_183347.thumb.jpg.2c431357e89292399bc30fe4e17271fb.jpg

IMG_20160830_183225.thumb.jpg.2d2b84c31be39eda49dbf7b0ad3e8af4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

HI guys,

Rather a sad update. I had to unfortunately pause this grow due to maintenance required in the facinity of my grow. Cant risk it.

My little ones are going ok, had some heat issue due to the light being to close. Did their first topping. Hopefully they will survive in their temporary environment. Not very optimistic though.