DIRTY HANDS INC ORGASOILUX - Question

Greetings, n00b Grower here, trying to learn the fundamentals, looking to do another grow in soil again, my question is DIRTY HANDS INC. ORGASOILUX claims enough nutrients for 3-6 months. This being said, is it then not needed to add fertilizers along the way if using this soil?

Thank you

• Like 1

On 2/4/2024 at 10:41 PM, CannabisKid said:

Greetings, n00b Grower here, trying to learn the fundamentals, looking to do another grow in soil again, my question is DIRTY HANDS INC. ORGASOILUX claims enough nutrients for 3-6 months. This being said, is it then not needed to add fertilizers along the way if using this soil?

Thank you

So it can be used throughout the grow, but also depends on how long you vegging your plant for.

However, Dirty Hands do have a nutrient feeding schedule for Orgasoilux soil if you want to add nutrients, which I have attached for you.
The feeding works out really cheap as you don't use very much of the nutrients at all. You buy these nutrients here -  https://jamiesgardenshop.co.za/product-category/organic-garden-products/organic-fertilisers/liquid-organic-fertilizers/

I've grown using their nutrients before and have had great results.

Organic Liquid Feeding Program (3).pdf

• Like 2

On 2/6/2024 at 8:47 AM, DesignatedDave said:

So it can be used throughout the grow, but also depends on how long you vegging your plant for.

However, Dirty Hands do have a nutrient feeding schedule for Orgasoilux soil if you want to add nutrients, which I have attached for you.
The feeding works out really cheap as you don't use very much of the nutrients at all. You buy these nutrients here -  https://jamiesgardenshop.co.za/product-category/organic-garden-products/organic-fertilisers/liquid-organic-fertilizers/

I've grown using their nutrients before and have had great results.

Organic Liquid Feeding Program (3).pdf 89.33 kB · 4 downloads

Hello

I usually veg out plants for two months in a 30l fabric pot before I flip. Is one topdressing enough at the start of flower with compost teas every 2 weeks? Or would you suggest I topdress in week 1 of flower and then another final topdressing at week 4? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Spaidan said:

Hello

I usually veg out plants for two months in a 30l fabric pot before I flip. Is one topdressing enough at the start of flower with compost teas every 2 weeks? Or would you suggest I topdress in week 1 of flower and then another final topdressing at week 4? 

Wist are you top dressing with? Just compost? What compost?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SkunkPharm said:

If I veg that long I normally transplant the plants from a smaller to a bigger bag, say 10l to 30l bag then there is nice fresh soil for the plant

I use a trellis and train my plant, so I like to keep it in the same pot. I cannot transplant, that's why I do the entire grow in the 30l fabric pot from the start. I usually just use Bio-Phos by dirty hands inc when it comes to flower. It usually works out fine, however I am trying out topdressing this time so I wasn't sure if 2 topdressings would be necessary. I was hoping one topdressing in the beginning of flower with compost tea feedings every 2 weeks will carry it through to harvest. My top-dress for flower is the following:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kelp flakes - 60ml per 30l

Bone meal - 60ml per 30l

Crushed Malted barley - 60ml per 30l

Worm castings - 1 Cup per 30l

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was either going to do one topdressing in the beginning of flower with the above measurements or alternatively split the topdressing into 2, so one top-dress on week 1 of flower with half those measurements, then another final topdressing during week 4 of flower with the other half. Then compost tea feedings every 2 weeks and molasses and dechlorinated water every other week.

• Like 1

It should work but I don’t know how effective it really is. The breakdown of kelp and bonemeal takes a long time and would probably only be available to plants after they flowered. If you have cash try using greenhouse bio feeds at the beginning of your flowering cycle and see how it affects your grow. It is a mineral feed but I have gotten lazy. It really works. I see you get 50gram sachet these days. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkunkPharm said:

It should work but I don’t know how effective it really is. The breakdown of kelp and bone meal takes a long time and would probably only be available to plants after they flowered. If you have cash try using greenhouse bio feeds at the beginning of your flowering cycle and see how it affects your grow. It is a mineral feed but I have gotten lazy. It really works. I see you get 50gram sachet these days. 

I'm curious to why so many people top dress with kelp and all these amendments if it takes 4 months to break down?? So you saying none of my top dressing besides the worm castings will benefit the plant at all since it only becomes available after 4 months?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spaidan said:

I'm curious to why so many people top dress with kelp and all these amendments if it takes 4 months to break down?? So you saying none of my top dressing besides the worm castings will benefit the plant at all since it only becomes available after 4 months?

I was looking at the nutrients feeding guide you posted above. At the bottom of the programme it says topdressing onset of flower. I see Jamie included kelp meal as one of the amendments? If it takes so long to become available to the plant why would he include it in the mix? So to my understanding he top-dresses once in the beginning of flower along with his liquid nutrient feed throughout flower?

I was thinking maybe leave out the bone meal and use his Bio-Phos (liquid-Phos) to add phosphorus needed through flower. And then then potassium can be provided by the kelp meal I top-dress in the beginning. Along with the worm castings. Thank you for your help and input. Whenever you have time I would like your input on a few things I am still unsure of.

- When it comes to feeding with microbes (Environoc 401) do you suggest using it through flower or not? Some websites I have come across suggest you stop using Environoc 2 weeks into flower. But when I look at Jamie's nutrient schedule that you provided, he gives the plants microbes throughout flower until about week 6 if I am not mistaken. I personally don't see why it would be a bad idea to continue adding microbes to the soil during its flowering stage?

-Another question...Aerated Compost teas are essentially brewing microbes to give to your plant. However if I am using Environoc to add microbes is the compost teas necessary or a waste of time? 

Sorry for all the questions. I have dialled down my veg stage perfectly however I am still indecisive on a few things during flower.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2024 at 11:39 AM, Spaidan said:

I add all that stuff to my worm bin. Then feed the castings during flower

• Like 1

On 2/9/2024 at 5:34 PM, Spaidan said:

I was looking at the nutrients feeding guide you posted above. At the bottom of the programme it says topdressing onset of flower. I see Jamie included kelp meal as one of the amendments? If it takes so long to become available to the plant why would he include it in the mix? So to my understanding he top-dresses once in the beginning of flower along with his liquid nutrient feed throughout flower?

I was thinking maybe leave out the bone meal and use his Bio-Phos (liquid-Phos) to add phosphorus needed through flower. And then then potassium can be provided by the kelp meal I top-dress in the beginning. Along with the worm castings. Thank you for your help and input. Whenever you have time I would like your input on a few things I am still unsure of.

- When it comes to feeding with microbes (Environoc 401) do you suggest using it through flower or not? Some websites I have come across suggest you stop using Environoc 2 weeks into flower. But when I look at Jamie's nutrient schedule that you provided, he gives the plants microbes throughout flower until about week 6 if I am not mistaken. I personally don't see why it would be a bad idea to continue adding microbes to the soil during its flowering stage?

-Another question...Aerated Compost teas are essentially brewing microbes to give to your plant. However if I am using Environoc to add microbes is the compost teas necessary or a waste of time? 

Sorry for all the questions. I have dialled down my veg stage perfectly however I am still indecisive on a few things during flower.

- I've never been a fan of top dressing for this reason, unless you top dressing with a fertilizer that can be broken down by water and leech into the soil (dry amendment fertilizer). When it comes to things like Kelp meal, bone meal and crushed Malted barley, they take time for the microbes to break them down. So I would add them to the soil in the beginning when I was mixing the soil for the plant. I find the trick to organics is to work 2 weeks ahead of where your plant are. So if I'm going to flip to flower in two weeks time, I already start with the organic material needed for Phosphorous and Potassium to give it 2 weeks to at least start breaking down. However, keep in mind, just because the raw material exist in the soil, doesn't mean the plant will use it or it will affect the plant. An example of this is the kelp and bone meal, you can add it to the soil in the beginning and let the microbes do their thing, When you flip to flower, those broken down nutrients will then be instantly available to the plant when it wants it. Crushed Barley needs to be worked into the soil in the beginning, when it gets wet it will build out a mycelium network throughout your soil and feed your microbes.

- I answered your Environoc question in the other thread. It won't hard the plant if you do it throughout flower, it's just not needed as it's a waste.

- I have never found a use for a compost tea, I prefer to use VermiPure Tea (https://hydroponic.co.za/hydroponics/umoja-organics-vermipure-worm-tea/) and Environoc 401 instead for the microbe loading. Then normal nutrients for the other NPK stuff.

If you looking to do organics on the cheap, try out the Bud Juice nutrient range, I'm busy using it at the moment on a grow and its seems really good for something you only give once a week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, DesignatedDave said:

- I've never been a fan of top dressing for this reason, unless you top dressing with a fertilizer that can be broken down by water and leech into the soil (dry amendment fertilizer). When it comes to things like Kelp meal, bone meal and crushed Malted barley, they take time for the microbes to break them down. So I would add them to the soil in the beginning when I was mixing the soil for the plant. I find the trick to organics is to work 2 weeks ahead of where your plant are. So if I'm going to flip to flower in two weeks time, I already start with the organic material needed for Phosphorous and Potassium to give it 2 weeks to at least start breaking down. However, keep in mind, just because the raw material exist in the soil, doesn't mean the plant will use it or it will affect the plant. An example of this is the kelp and bone meal, you can add it to the soil in the beginning and let the microbes do their thing, When you flip to flower, those broken down nutrients will then be instantly available to the plant when it wants it. Crushed Barley needs to be worked into the soil in the beginning, when it gets wet it will build out a mycelium network throughout your soil and feed your microbes.

- I answered your Environoc question in the other thread. It won't hard the plant if you do it throughout flower, it's just not needed as it's a waste.

- I have never found a use for a compost tea, I prefer to use VermiPure Tea (https://hydroponic.co.za/hydroponics/umoja-organics-vermipure-worm-tea/) and Environoc 401 instead for the microbe loading. Then normal nutrients for the other NPK stuff.

If you looking to do organics on the cheap, try out the Bud Juice nutrient range, I'm busy using it at the moment on a grow and its seems really good for something you only give once a week.

I have used Bio-Bizz Bloom in previous grows  and I have Dirty hands inc Bio-Phos. This time around I wanted to try the topdressing, but now since you have advised against it, do you think Ill be better off going back to the liquid nutrients feedings for flower? I use a 30litre pot. I fill the bottom half with Orgasoilux and the top half with Freedom Farms soil. I veg for 2 months and all I add is microbes. The plant is always healthy. Do you believe I will require flower nutrients to get me through to harvest? Do you think all my nutrients in the living soil would be depleted?

I'm just concerned my soil wont have enough P and K for flowering, especially if I don't top dress. In your experience is Biobizz the best liquid flower nutrient, and if you don't mind sharing, how often do you apply it? Some people use it every watering where others use it once a week. From my understanding Bio Bizz bloom is just molasses and kelp? Wouldn't compost teas and molasses feedings have the same effect?

Thanks for your help! The image below is my previous grow during veg and flower. One plant trained in a 40litre pot using freedom farms and Orgasoilux. I have a small mars hydro tent with a 120w QB from Green Houston and a mars hydro 48 reflector (blurple old tech) tents width and length is 70cm x 70cm.

During flower for this grow I used Bio-Phos by Dirty hands inc. I was not sure if I provided enough nutrients through the flowering phase. Roughly flowered 8 weeks. I couldn't tell if this was its natural fade or if I could have pumped up the nutes do get denser and bigger buds

TH seeds - Orangesicle during Veg.jpg

TH seeds - Orangesicle harvest day.jpg

Edited by Spaidan
  • Like 2