Low EC runoff in coco

This is my first indoor grow with Coco.Plants are in week three of veg in 2.5L fabric bags.Using Canna Coco nutes at EC 1.2 at two fertigations per day approximately 10 hours apart.

Plants are looking pretty good after trial and error getting my 630watt bar type led at the correct height.They were getting too much light at 300 umols with yellow tips on new growth.

Thankfully I realised after searching online what was happening and dimmed the light appropriately.

So my issue is that although my plants look pretty good the growth is a bit slow.I have noticed every time I check runoff it is always much lower than my inflow.Going in at 1.25 EC and coming out at .44 

Any coco growers with experience out there care to offer your thoughts?

• Like 2

On 8/19/2023 at 10:11 PM, Ill_Evan said:

You can double your current feed for a few fertigations until you reach your desired EC runoff. Then return to usual feed. 

It takes a bit to shift the EC of the suspended solution within the coco so you might need to use a bit of volume as well. 

Thanks,that makes sense.I’m guessing these plants must be really hungry!

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 10:11 PM, Ill_Evan said:

You can double your current feed for a few fertigations until you reach your desired EC runoff. Then return to usual feed. 

It takes a bit to shift the EC of the suspended solution within the coco so you might need to use a bit of volume as well. 

That’s entirely possible! I did flush about a week ago with a weak nute solution when I had the light burn on the tips.I thought it was a lock out.

I figured the weak solution would’ve washed out by now after 14 fertigations at over 1.2ec. 

I’m using Canna Coco pro plus,it’s supposed to be quite aggressively buffered but I guess it’s always possible a batch slipped through with no buffering.I did have to fight a magnesium deficiency in the seedling stage!

• Like 1