♂ or ♀?

AK-47 Gold Arabesque

Question

Hello Ganja Gurus :-bow

Thank you for taking your time to read this! ❤️ 

One of my auto fems didn't pop, so in order to replace it I managed to get my hands on a sick little bean (Bay Seeds Vostok and Fastbuds Pineapple Express ) made by our very own @Pants :-clap

Tis indeed a regular seed, and as a newbie for the life of me I can't figure out whether its shown its sex or not. It is Day 36 (Week 5) and all my other plants the same age have shown pistils. This one doesn't scream male or female to me. No pistils, but no little balls starting anywhere. Late bloomer?  Any help would be appreciated! 

1803449962_WhatsAppImage2023-06-12at20_51.00(2).thumb.jpeg.eb67cb1585b1700d3789fa4452852089.jpeg841027387_WhatsAppImage2023-06-12at20_51.00(1).thumb.jpeg.2c8ad98e43586f2c25efa70e964a5ac1.jpeg12233755_WhatsAppImage2023-06-12at20_51_00.thumb.jpeg.60c19c776d7a644b297424d072d7680d.jpeg

• Like 2

4 answers to this question

I am wondering if the autoflower gene could be missed in some plants. The one I had that went about 7 weeks without showing did flip when I changed light to 12/12 with my photos. Would think the gene should be locked it as both parents were auto. Keep it going and let’s see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Pants said:

I am wondering if the autoflower gene could be missed in some plants. The one I had that went about 7 weeks without showing did flip when I changed light to 12/12 with my photos. Would think the gene should be locked it as both parents were auto. Keep it going and let’s see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think most important part of breeding with autos is knowing how stable the parents are. 

just remember 

F1 = highest number of recessive genetics. 

F2 = fewer recessive genetics

F3 = even fewer recessive genetics

It's only really when reaching F5 where you lock in traits, or you gotta select the chosen one and BX it to lock traits. 

recessive genetics can come from anywhere up the lineage, could be parents of the parents' parents genetics coming through here. The parents, where they stable or also just F1's? breeding with F1's is almost the same as pollen chucking cause you not really working with genetics that's been "worked" or "stabilised" so the genetic pool you unlock is vast.

💚🌿

• Like 2