Sugar Haze (Cannazon Freebies)

cheese420

@cheese420, what I've noticed with my grow, I also potted up into a bigger one that I should have, growth was slow, I also over watered in soil. When I switched to coco I was already watering alot less, I think because I was letting the coco dry more than it needed too, the roots quickly filled the new pot in search of water, after 2 weeks I had to pot up again. Since then I've been watering more often, but with less water, sorta keeping the medium moist but not wet. They seem to be happier with that. They get 500ml a day, there's about 100ml run off per plant. Alice, has less run off, about 40/50ml. That's just my findings though...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feeding everyday is fine if roots have properly taken in to the pot size they are in since coco will always hold a certain percentage of oxygen no matter what.

I've read that and it does make sense but I have experienced overwatering from a plant that had been in its pot for some time and that was from watering every day. I'd stay on the safe side and water every 2nd or 3rd day. It's a waste of water and nutes to water coco every day anyway I reckon. Of course tis only me :-2cents

the roots quickly filled the new pot in search of water, after 2 weeks I had to pot up again. Since then I've been watering more often, but with less water, sorta keeping the medium moist but not wet. 

@CerealKilla don't be fooled in to potting up too soon in coco. I made the same mistakes. I noticed lots of roots popping out the bottom of the pot like a week after potting up and so I would pot up again but that's not necessary, not with coco. There's still plenty space for more root growth in the pot . Roots grow very fast in coco and the roots will reach the bottom long before the rest of the pot is filled out. When you think you should pot up don't and let the root ball fill out the whole pot. You don't even need to pot up much in coco, 3 to 4 stages max.

@420SA and @GLO, what I was saying is that because my medium was drier than before the root growth exploded in comparison to the soil that was over watered. The roots were basically circling the bottom of the pots. After the pot up, the roots showed at the base again after 3 days. Anyways, that's just what I found with my girls :) I haven't potted up since then.

UPDATE: Things are looking up somewhat

So quick update....2/4 are looking good and are being fed according to the EHG nutrient chart. The other 2 clearly got stunted so Im not sure what I will do with those 2 as of yet.

Since these are regular seeds I really hope 1 of my two good ones is female...Going to continue vegging for another 2-3 weeks and add some training during that time and hopefully place a small order for some beans in the meantime

Pics

IMG_20160229_123932_zpsrngj0pgr.jpg

IMG_20160229_124031_zpsh0bmcd42.jpg

As a comparison, the close up image in this post is plant #3 from my previous update

UPDATE: Nice growth 

So since my last update I have topped the two big plants and they have recovered growing into nice little bushes with many potential bud sites.

As you can see in the pic below the other 2 plants are growing properly again but I would like to initiate flowering quite soon so I don't think they will get much more veg time.

I believe the plant on bottom left could be female as some preflower I think have started showing so will monitor that for this week and I hope I am right.

Also with todays watering I increased the nutes a little bit...the EHG chart has quite a big jump in concentration from week 3 so I decided not too step it up so drastically but I will be hitting them with some heavier nutes for the next few waterings and see how they fair

IMG_20160307_090152_zps4sgd5v1c.jpg

So since the initial transplant hiccup growing with coco has worked out quite nicely

So one confirmed female so far...nice white pistils showing in quite a few places

The biggest plant hasn't shown its preflowers yet but I think its very close or forming them it seems....I think I may be out of luck with it though as I have a feeling it is male.

The other two that were stunted and growing along nicely, so I think I will continue to veg till next weekend and then flip on over to 12/12 with 600W and kill which ever of them are male...

Exciting times ahead!:-moonwalk

Shot GLO! I was not aware you could actually use the male plant to cook with to get any sort of buzz.

Would I chop it down during veg if they are confirmed males or do I let them flower a bit before taking them down? Wondering if they get anymore THC pumping through them with an initial bit of flowering time?

UPDATE: Non-HPS pics

So it is safe to say I am quite happy with the progress I have made with coco despite the initial transplant nightmare.

Here are pics of what I assume to be future pollen sacks right?....The pic is from one of the smaller plants. I have only grown fem seeds so never grown a male to this stage before actually

IMG_20160310_104427_zpskiieirh8.jpg

IMG_20160310_104518_zpsphhrtsnf.jpg

The other smaller plant has shown some white pistils so another female. I have tied it down so I hoping to maximize the yield from her.

Here are the two main plants. 

Unconfirmed sex...but I think pollen sacks starting to form so male.... :'(  Man I have been wishing for this one to be female!

IMG_20160310_151435_zpsoajto5ux.jpg

And the confirmed female:

IMG_20160310_151445_zpsxolwkapk.jpg

Not too bad I guess 50/50......The female has developed a very chunky strong stalk from how bent over they were from seedling stage lol

Anyway the big plants are now being watered daily, today I hit the female with full strength veg nutes according to the EHG chart at a pH of 5.9. Next update the males will likely be gone and its another week of veg before the flip

Update: Males removed

Confirmed males have been chopped down.

Smaller plant in the back I am not actually sure on its sex yet

Confirmed female doing well. I now need to work on maximizing the yield on her...Thinking I may make a scrog net if I have the time but otherwise I'm just going to LST a nice even canopy and use the smaller branches at the bottom for clones.

Managed to find a grow journal of this strain...seems to be the only one I could find http://trichome-world.com/category/cannabis-strain-reviews/seedsman/reg/sugar-haze/

Seems this plant might have quite a mean stretch on her. 

Next update will be end of the week with 600W bulb installed, extra fan and some training 

IMG_20160313_181658_zps0xyuhosi.jpg

Whats the flowering time of Sugar Haze? 

You should be ok with those 10l pots. You don't need big pots when growing hydro although I do agree with Skolley, I like to end with 20l pots personally.... however that's apparently not necessary.

I guess what's more important is how settled your plants are in their current pots . How long have they been in those 10l pots?

Yeah @Skolley I really have been considering it every time I visit the tent now lol....

@420SA its 9 weeks according to the seedsman website.

Yeah a lot of what I read with hydro in coco is that big pots aren't that necessary as people tend to start feeding multiple times daily when in flower and the plants thrive.

I been watering with smaller concentration in my feeds more pretty much daily now and the new growth is a very nice green and she seems to be liking it so I thought I may just continue and see it through till flower

Update: Flush

Flushed today with about 20 litres of water at a pH of 5.9 to wash out any salts before weekend when I shall commence flowering.

Gave her 3 litres of water yesterday with nutes and had about 15% or more run off and today the pot was pretty light...she is certainly feeding

• 3 weeks later...