Lighting via the Sun

Valda

Question

6 answers to this question

Assuming that you are based in SA. Outdoor veg time starts now until about January. From then on the plants will start flowering due to deacreasing daylight hours. Harvest window is from March until May ideally. If you want your plants to flower now, you have to introduce less daylight hours, say 12hours or less. Hope that helps✌️

• Like 2

@Valda hope all is well :-greenthumb

you wana chop the plant down by April or you wana smoke the weed by April? how big is the plant?

you can deprive a plant of light to induce flower, some people build greenhouses with a "built-in" light deprevator, basically just something you can easily manage to put "on and off" to black out a certain area. remember light leaks and stray lights during dark cycle will cause foxtails and may even push the plant to hermie. so if you create a black out make sure it blacks out completely.

if your outdoor is in a pot, allow 12h sun light a day then move them into complete darkness. 

if you're planted in the earth you can get a wood/pvc structure of sorts to go over the plant and use black drop sheet to cover the plant and reduce light down to 12hrs. 

On 11/8/2021 at 2:37 PM, Weskush said:

Assuming that you are based in SA. Outdoor veg time starts now until about January. From then on the plants will start flowering due to deacreasing daylight hours. Harvest window is from March until May ideally. If you want your plants to flower now, you have to introduce less daylight hours, say 12hours or less. Hope that helps✌️

I am in Sa and your reply was what I was looking for. Brilliant. Thank you so much.

On 11/9/2021 at 5:43 AM, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

@Valda hope all is well :-greenthumb

you wana chop the plant down by April or you wana smoke the weed by April? how big is the plant?

you can deprive a plant of light to induce flower, some people build greenhouses with a "built-in" light deprevator, basically just something you can easily manage to put "on and off" to black out a certain area. remember light leaks and stray lights during dark cycle will cause foxtails and may even push the plant to hermie. so if you create a black out make sure it blacks out completely.

if your outdoor is in a pot, allow 12h sun light a day then move them into complete darkness. 

if you're planted in the earth you can get a wood/pvc structure of sorts to go over the plant and use black drop sheet to cover the plant and reduce light down to 12hrs. 

Thank you for your great reply. My pots are 100 liters. They are already very big. I really enjoy reading the replies. 

On 11/8/2021 at 2:37 PM, Weskush said:

Ok so then I need to cover them with black plastic at 6pm till 6 am.

• Like 1