UK Cheese (clone only) guerilla grow

Guest African Shaman

Guest African Shaman

OK folks! Welcome to my first grow journal. Any questions, comments or advice is much appreciated. This grow is of a mother plant that is being grow out guerrilla style for this season. Mamma Flora is out there right now, for her second week at the outdoor spot. I hope and pray she does well, survives all the odds stacked up against her, as with so many guerrilla grows. So my girl is a UK Cheese mother plant that got quite big and I decided so run some other genetics coming up and say goodbye to my beautiful mother so she may live out her old age in the mountains in a peaceful retirement mountain spot with great views and fresh air.

Ok so what i did was firstly prepare a custom mix that i then would add to the soil on the mountain. I did this for two reasons. 1. The native soil is fantastic and with some amendments to the soil mix is all i would need. 2. I'm only one man and I'm getting old so carrying all that soil that i can find up by the spot is pointless if you know what to look for in soil :-) This is what my soil amendment mix looks like. By no means is it ideal but I thought I would make my own for my special gal.

1. 180g Bonemeal

2. 400g Agricultural Lime

3. 500g Golddust (gypsum & seaweed)

4. 12 cups Bokashi

5. 200g Turbo Grow

6. 200g Powdered Kelp

7. 200g Diatomaceous Earth

8. 3kg Earthworm castings

9 500g Mycoroot

10. 20g Trichoderma

11. 2.5 Kg Perlite

12. 1.5 Kg Leca balls

13. 25X NutriStix Slow release fertiliser (12:3:7)

14. 15kg Coco

I mix this all in a container together. I chop the NutriStix into pieces and add that in too. With my whole mixture now all mixed in well, i placed that in a DIY rucksack big enough to contain all of this. I made my own 200L Hessian pot that you will soon see. It cost me only R20 to make. I purchased a 50L bin which will be my reservoir. I purchased the necessary tubing and joiners and made a drip irrigation ring system that will drip RO water onto my girl while I am away.

I get the water up there quite easily. I purchased six 5L water containers and place them in my hiking bag and carry the load up to my lady and top up the reservoir once a week. I hiked up at night to carry up the soil amendments and then carried my girl up keeping her inside the 50L water reservoir with the lid on. I sprayed the bin in cammo patterns as to disguise it.

I went the second day to prep the land and bring up water and transplant my girl. I sprayed her Pyrol to protect her from all the "baddies" out there and cleared away all debris surrounding where I would put my girl. I did that so no bugs can crawl from other bushes and shrubs. If my girl is only surrounded by sand, it lowers the chances of her being attacked first (i hope).

After I cleared the spot. I put up my massive homemade fabric pot, filled it will soil that I dug up from nearby and added my soil amendments mentioned above. The soil was warm, teaming with microbial activity and smelling like arse. I then placed my rez uphill very slightly so I may utilise gravity to feed my girl fresh water via gravity fed drip style irrigation. I then connected the tubing, filled the rez with RO water. I also sprayed the surrounding foliage with Pyrol as to keep the surrounding insect populations at bay. Anything for my girl.

I then used surrounding leaves to cover up the rez and it also makes excellent mulch which not only minimizes sun exposure and thus evaporation, but it also makes it very tricky for slugs to traverse, which is an added bonus when you cannot be near your plant 24/7.

So all is going well now. I went up to see my girl and she is doing well. Pics to come very soon!!

Any questions, comments or advice welcome. I shall take more photos when I go up again. I really hope no one finds her, or any pests get her. I decided just spontaneously to throw one out there on last time old school guerrilla styles. So I'm no investing to much hope in this and just gonna wait and see what comes of this. All I have to do now after all the tough groundwork has been laid, as well as cash spent. Now all i have to do is hike up weekly to my lady, water her, snap some pics, and give her some goodies during flowering and reap the rewards of my work come harvest, or so i hope. May this grow journal be an inspiration to all thinking of doing a small guerrilla grow.

Much love and happy growing

Well done AS!

Welcome to the group!:)

The irony of your post is that I went today to go scout for some spots that I can do an outdoor guerilla grow! I have a few options Google Maps was a Big help. I cant fault anything wrong with your plan. I'm planning an Outdoor Guerilla Grow with soil only.

I'm assuming you covered the basics regarding security, I've realised that I would prefer my plant in the open visible to see but not close enough to be identified. So it has to be well off the beaten path. I don't really wanted it hidden unless I find the right spot obviously! I'm planning 2- 3 hikes in due course.

Please share if you have any tips on selecting an " outdoor venue" to host a "ladies only party".:rastabanana

No Males allowed! :-hilarious

On a more serious note, you have me even more inspired now that I'm not alone! :-peace

Guest African Shaman

OK, so here are the pics.

@Sir Smokalot. I'm quite fit indeed. But I made a mistake with making the straps on my DIY soil bag very thin, which cut into my wrists. Even if you not fit, you will be after some guerrilla missions. OK, now for the advice ... Firstly If you are in an area that is near a residential area, look around, think about what type of people live there and if you see any bergies that may sleep nearby or wonder around the bushes. Remember, that you need no one to come near your spot for months, so ensure your surrounding area does not have alot of hiking trails, homeless, rastas or school kids that live nearby.

Go scouting with a camera and look like a hiker to avoid suspicion. When you find a spot, always use different routes to your grow. Remember others can track footsteps and new paths far better than we may be able to. When you find your spot, make sure it will receive plenty of sun during winter so adjust and guess where the sun may be in winter. North facing is always a winner. Make sure that you plant near other green vegetation that will still be green during summer. And always spray your plant with something like Neem oil or Pyrol to keep pests at bay.

What I also normally do is block up paths that animals may take with broken twigs and dead bushes. Also if you can find a water source nearby, that would be ideal compared to lugging up loads of water like myself. Look around for what kind of pests are on the surrounding flora and fauna so you may prepare for any pest issues. Don't plant too many plants near each other, so rather find a few spots and plant a few plants than one spot with all your plants on the line.

Ensure that your pot or planting hole is wider rather than deeper if you want to get those monster yields something around 200L-800L pots will yield more, because as they say, "More roots, more fruits." I'm sure by following my grow you will learn alot. :-)

Good luck Sir Smokalot and happy hunting! I'm sure if anyone else has advice they will chime in. Good luck with finding your spots. Please start a journal once you find a spot too :-)

pic5.thumb.jpg.2492494e47d25ffc9f34c973aafe5412.jpg

pic4.thumb.jpg.e06d49379d3f7db92524cd385de214d2.jpg

pic1.thumb.jpg.a5125f181ee45f2a0f734d41d373597f.jpg

pic6.thumb.jpg.d2b130ec16de3dabf5f1843517b2d46e.jpg

pic7.thumb.jpg.d9d7ed1bcf01590d56b5d8becbb2b4a9.jpg

Guest African Shaman

Thanks Skolley! I'm going up this weekend to put some more water in the rez.  Will take pics. Very excited each time I go up. Just a mission hauling all the water up there. But i keep thinking about dank nugs, which keeps me going :-)

Guest African Shaman

Thanks for the input Reaf. Personally I have had mixed results. I have had mothers that flower for a while, then reveg into monsters. I have had mothers just keep vegging into flower and turn out to be monsters and i have had plants that go straight into flower (as you have stated). This is obviously dependent on ones geographical location, light schedules and also genetics imo. So haven't done this with the Cheese yet. Will the Cheese go straight into flower?

Hi bud I presume you know the light cycles in your area better than I do but in my area if I put a mom or clone outdoors it would start flowering straight away or is that the plan?

Cheers

Reaf

I'm in CT and we already have more than 13 hours of light per day. That should be sufficient if I wanted to start (Veg) my outdoor grow, right?

Sorry a bit pressed for time today. No not necessarily,  the sudden drop in light hours can cause flowering in clones and moms. If from seed you can go outside already clones are a 50/50 if they will flower.

Cheers

Reaf

Wow! Really? That's interesting! I just assumed that the light hours need to be more than 12.

Guest African Shaman

Genuine UK Cheese clones been floating around SA for years now. Double serrated leaves, smells pungent even in veg. Got mine from reliable source too.