Go Organic Seabird Guano

Hi bud my 2 cents...

I have used almost every organic product I could get my hands on over the years. While I have most if the time had good results nothing that really blew me away. I starting using the biobizz range a few years ago and haven't looked back and in my opinion it is the best organic nute for cannabis is SA.

But...

For making teas I like to use as many different things and seabird guano is exellent in teas.

Try it and see but I would highly recommend trying biogrow and biobloom.

Cheers

Reaf

Thanks reaf my thoughts were to use it in my teas as well.

I do plan to get that Biobizz duo eventually.... Know it's a long shot but at the start I'm gonna see how I do without feeding. I'm only gonna use compost teas and see how things go. Currently using the Super Soil from Jamies Garden Shop which apparently shouldn't need feeding. Lets See

• 3 weeks later...

Well that statement is very misleading....

We have all read the work by the 3 little birds and what they have to say about molasses and I agree that it's a wonderful product but to come out and say that it replaces nutrients like biobizz is actually just hurting the newer growers. Molasses is a suppliment not a nutrient.

The only way molasses can replace biobizz is if you have a really good super soil and what beginner has that?

Biobizz is a harsh waste of money..... well then I guess I just love wasting my money. We all all entitled to our opinions and to use any product you want but try think of all the beginners that will read this and then wonder why there plants are looking so hungry when they have only been feeding molasses..... you and I know that molasses can replace nutrients in certain cases but for you beginner grower this is not the case.

Maybe explain why exactly you think biobizz is a harsh waste of money?

Cheers

Reaf

Guest OnlyTheGood

If you read carefully, you'll see I said Biobizz is a harsh waste of money if used anywhere near the recommended amount, you simply don't need to be pouring litres of overpriced nutrients into your medium every cycle, it just ends up running out of the bottoms of your pots.

They are not quite the same thing, sure, but you will read on the Biobizz Grow and Bloom label that it is either entirely derived from molasses or a combination of molasses and seaweed, so despite having a somewhat different NPK profile they aren't worlds apart either. They contain carbohydrates that soil microbiology can easily feed off which I suspect plays a major role in how effective their product is..

I am 100% behind the opinion that any beginner grower is better off reading Teaming with Microbes and getting to work on building a good living soil than buying promix and imported brand name nutrients. Your soil, your pocket, your lungs and your conscience will thank you in the end.

Nature generally knows best, look at the complexities and intricate systems in place to keep things running smoothly in the ground, in the water, in the air.

Products of this nature have a place in fixing a deficiency in the short term, but really you need to question why your soil isn't giving them everything they need. As time goes by I find myself using less and less out-of-the-bottle products.

In short, feed the micro-herd, don't feed the plant unless you see a deficiency; if it's not broken, don't fix it IMHO...

I'll leave a link to the 3LB guide here in case anyone is interested:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/158685251/3LB-Molasses-Guide#scribd

Hi bud

I agree with everything you say but the point i am trying to make is it's important to remember that a lot of newbies read these forums and will take what you said as it's literal meaning of just replacing food with molasses. While I see what your are saying , I have done extensive research into organic growing with many many years experience , it doesn't come across this way.

I grow with extremely rich super soils and still sometimes a lady will need feeding and when it comes to feeding yes I have a whole arsenal of home brewed nutrients  I can use but this knowledge comes with experience.

I am not challenging your methods bud I am saying be carefull how you word things as I am sure you wouldn't want some newbie to only try feeding a hungry plant molasses . It's a soil food not a plant  food.

Cheers

Reaf

Guest OnlyTheGood

[glow=red,2,300][/glow]I'm not saying the Bloom and Grow aren't good products, just overpriced therefore expensive to maintain consistently, especially if used how the manufacturer wants you to.

Their Fish Mix is a particularly good one, and definitely has a place in an organic gardeners quiver if he/she is open to animal derived food sources.

I see above you are using seabird guano in your teas, that is somewhat brave. I keep my tea vegan(apart from a few earthworms, but they generally survive the brew cycle), I've grown wary of even using more than an inkling of sugar rich foods as the baddies find it easier to set in.

Guest spootch

Haha good one, I've got the ball rolling and dipping my toes ever so slightly !

Whats the point of been conscious of what you feeding the plant, if in the end you blasting it with bho anyway ?

Guest OnlyTheGood

I'm not sure I understand.

Are you asking why care about what you feed your plants if the desired end result is a solvent extraction?

If so, because it is a concentrate. Often when one tries to isolate the good, any bad that is present will hop on board for the ride. You want as favorable a good/bad ration as possible, and controlling what the plant intakes is an important aspect of this.

Or was that a Matt Rize style jab at Bho in general? 8)

Guest spootch

Bhotards I think it is  haha Just being silly bud. I've never tried let alone seen bho would give my left nut to hit some dabs !!!! Only ever had hash when I was in europe and charras from the kie.