Weird yellow things on buds

Just now, ThricomeInstituteStudent said:

Hi guys please confirm what this could be. 6 or 7 on different buds. They only started coming up on 5th day of drying. Buds have also shrunk by 60% at least, not sure what I did wrong here, harvested when trichomes started going amber. 

IMG_20210521_203253.jpg

IMG_20210521_203315.jpg

IMG_20210521_203207.jpg

And buds look super skinny and weird now. 

Those look like nanners, female pollen sacs. Sometimes a female plant will produce nanners after a long time in flower without being pollinated. In an effort to produce offspring she will self pollinate.

Buds can lose anything from 60 to 80% weight during drying and curing.

It can be dissappointing as they look so fat and feel heavy during trimming, but then seem to shrink during drying. 

Edited by Bos
Addition
  • Agree 2

29 minutes ago, Bos said:

Those look like nanners, female pollen sacs. Sometimes a female plant will produce nanners after a long time in flower without being pollinated. In an effort to produce offspring she will self pollinate.

Buds can lose anything from 60 to 80% weight during drying and curing.

It can be dissappointing as they look so fat and feel heavy during trimming, but then seem to shrink during drying. 

Thanks, I thought as much. Just gonna try harder with this next run. It was a weird plant growing different and it had a genetic foxtail bud formation. Mutations in the leaves some only 3 leaves and this one tiny crooked leaf. But heres the question. Can I medicate on it like smoke it? Any negative aspect to it? 

11 hours ago, ThricomeInstituteStudent said:

Thanks, I thought as much. Just gonna try harder with this next run. It was a weird plant growing different and it had a genetic foxtail bud formation. Mutations in the leaves some only 3 leaves and this one tiny crooked leaf. But heres the question. Can I medicate on it like smoke it? Any negative aspect to it? 

If the plant was growing funky, it could indicate an anomaly in the genetics somewhere. Its not unheard of for a recessive or hermie trait to surface. Breeders usually try to avoid this, but sometimes it sneaks in.

The bud should be fine to puff on, just pick the nanners out carefully. Be aware that its pollen and you could accidently pollinate any other plants in flower nearby.