Does the Pot size using coco effect the stretch

Guest spootch

Guest spootch

So as the title says how does the size of the pot effect the stretch during flower ?

Small pot small plant  ?

Big pot big plant is it that simple ?

Why I'm asking is I have a blue dream waiting for space in flower tent, I kinda got excited and germed seeds with out thinking and now have a plant thats vegged longer then o wouldve liked as I always get caught with stretch!

The reviews say it does stretch from the sativa lineage so I'm a little worried ?

She is in a 7l pot at the mo and I've been training her aggressively! Thought stripping leaves would slow her down but it actually did the opposite ! So now im just super cropping and even had to take some tops off to try slow her down !

My question is how does the pot size play a part, should I just flower her in the smaller pot or should I pot up to say 20l what else can I do ?

Will post some pics so you can. See her shape !

Thanks if anyone what's to chime in

How tall is she now?

I'd say a small pot would do more damage than good. Once she gets root bound she may struggle to take up nutrients etc. give her a harsh topping then put some stakes in when you pot up to a bigger pot and tie her down a little.

Hi bud

My 2 cents

The biggest stretch happens for the first 2 weeks in flower so say you leave them in a small pot you are still going to get the stretch ,maybe to not as much of a degree but it will still happen. What will also deffinately happen is you will loose a Lot of bud mass . Like i said stretch will happen and because stretch comes before bud the stretch will take up all the root space and and there will be inserfitiant space left in the pot for bud to develop , so what you will be left with is a stretchy plant with airy buds....

Bigger is always better in flower... screw the stretch as there are ways to control it . I take it you are pinching the plant to keep it short?

Cheers

Reaf

Guest spootch

Thanks guys appreciate the help ! Forgot to get pics will do it later tonight.

Whats pinching Reaf ? Is it Like super cropping ?

Guest spootch

Hey thanks Toby, I love that site spent many hours on it think I've read everything on there lol!

I've trained this plant pretty well fimmed her and lstd with pipe cleaners I've also clean around the bottom so got a nice chandelier shape! It would be perfect to put her to flower now but I have no space will only be able to flower her in 2 weeks and if I don't slow her down some how when I flip I'm going to run outta hight I think!

Just pinch the top nodes every few days . Squeeze the branch until u feel a "pop" and leave it. Never do the same node twice so pick different  nodes . Pinch the tops leave them a dew days to recover then pinch again and repeat. This will basicly stop your vertical growth and make the plant bush like mad. What this will also do is create nutrient highways for your buds.

Cheers

Reaf

Guest spootch

a68febbfb9c42c7a40546c5e67405381.jpg

88e58d780d99fc94a938dd776421bbd2.jpg

6571a8334bd09bad8aacc998eed4e815.jpg

87cd434abafe2d3aa32754b0cab3a053.jpg

This is where she's spent her life under cfl haha outgrown the space as well

30f3704d36aa17a4afd64feeb78ae049.jpg

This is a cutting from the critical was trying to train her into a better shape but not the greatest atm

a0eb1bb467c069ab0c75f51ad4f2fe8d.jpg