Exhaust fan placement and temp control

Milie

Hello everyone 🙂

I made a post about my lighting and temp control of my grow space a little while ago but since we going through a little bit of a heatwave, I'm struggling to keep my temps under control. I just wanted to know if the placement of my exhaust fan is fine as well as any tips to get the temperatures under control. 

I have two fans in the space, one oscillating and one fixed in opposite ends of the space but I'm still getting hot temps. The roof of the grow space isn't insulated and I think that's a major problem. So next week I'm going to get 140mm insulation to put in the ceiling to hopefully disregard it as a factor.

My plants seemed to be getting better with the addition of an extra fan + plus increasing the exhaust power but now, it's an issue again. The lights are also getting hot, which is bad for efficiency, pointed out by a few members on the forum. 

Here's the exhaust placememy:

20201212_114048.thumb.jpg.366450d9533e74ea3e32bfd5548686f1.jpg

and here's how the plants are looking 😞

20201212_114940.thumb.jpg.39e0807721a422a323636675a3928b3c.jpg

20201212_114932.thumb.jpg.e55188bf717da445f694ae15e2890f22.jpg

Please refer to this post for lighting and other grow factors. 

Thanks for assistance. It is much appreciated.

Hi there bud, seems your plant have undergone serious nutrient toxicity. There is definitely an issue with the amount of nutrients you are using. 

Might need to start over. If you do. Figure out what nutrients are in your soil first. Then assess if you need to add nutrients in the beginning of the plants life, usually not the case only if your medium is inert.

Ventilation looks good 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hello @ORGANinc. and @Jimmy-z

Thanks for the replies. I used Freedom Farms organic medium and BioBizz grow once a week following the feeding guidelines. I've got two clones growing outdoors using similar medium and nutrient feeding and they're healthy so that's why I've been so confused. What would you recommend the best way to save my plants would be? I was going to flush them with clean water a couple times today...

4 minutes ago, Dr. Green said:

I use Freedom Farm classic with biobizz. My plants get a few weeks of water only ph at 6.2 then I ad biobizz at only 1ml per liter. More than 1ml per liter and I get nitrogen toxicity 

At what dodage are you feeding the biobizz? 

Great combination of soil and nutrients. My current config too. I dont use more than 1ml of the grow and/ or 1ml of the bloom for the whole grow. Feed every watering/every day, works well and gives great results.

Edited by Totemic
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dr. Green said:

I use Freedom Farm classic with biobizz. My plants get a few weeks of water only ph at 6.2 then I ad biobizz at only 1ml per liter. More than 1ml per liter and I get nitrogen toxicity 

At what dodage are you feeding the biobizz? 

Once a week, half a tablespoon per 5 litre bucket. Works out to about +-8ml per 5 litres which makes sense that it would be a bit too much. The actual biobizz bloom and grow bottles state 2 - 5ml per litre... That's a bit worrying. 

@Totemic my medium takes about a week before it starts getting dry to the point that it needs watering. I'm using 20l bags to grow in. I end up using +- 2.5 litres per plant for watering.

So I would think the solution to try save them would be to just flush them and water them without nutrients till they start recovering and then going to a less than normal dosage of nutrient feeding till they're healthy? Or what would be a better suggestion? 

Btw, thanks for the replies! Great community.

11 minutes ago, Totemic said:

Great combination of soil and nutrients. My current config too. I dont use more than 1ml of the grow or 1ml of the bloom for the whole grow. Feed every watering/every day, works well and gives great results.

Yes I aslo feed with every watering but I push the nutrients from week 4 a bit up to 3ml of bloom but keep grow on 1ml always. 

This has been getting water for the last 2 weeks about to chop20201213_120854.thumb.jpg.b6ede1372cdfc015da05cf3a90f2ee8c.jpg

31 minutes ago, Milie said:

Hello @ORGANinc. and @Jimmy-z

Thanks for the replies. I used Freedom Farms organic medium and BioBizz grow once a week following the feeding guidelines. I've got two clones growing outdoors using similar medium and nutrient feeding and they're healthy so that's why I've been so confused. What would you recommend the best way to save my plants would be? I was going to flush them with clean water a couple times today

Id just feed them ph water at 6.2 for a while and see if they recover. Always let your water stand open for atleast 24hrs before use. 

The freedom farm classic soil is very strong if you used a light mix you could follow the recommended dosage 

• Thanks 1

In my previous grows (years ago), I used to just use an organic premix and mix perlite as the medium and then use talborne organic veg and bloom nutrients, but only once for the vegging and once for bloom. I think they're slow release, if I'm remembering correctly. And then substitute with seagrow every couple weeks. Seagrow tends to be weaker than BioBizz I think which is why I never had issues. 

Now that things are 'easier' and better to grow here, I'm finding it quite difficult to grow indoor and with cannabis intended equipment/nutrients. It's pretty demoralising. 

It's easy to grow with freedom farm and biobizz. You must start your seeds in their seedling mix once your plant is 2 or 3 weeks old repot into final pots with freedom farm classic. Water first 2 weeks then add grow. Works everytime. I've helped 3 guys this year setting up and all had fantastic first runs 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Dr. Green alright, thanks. I'll do that. Hopefully they will recover alright. I'll post an update later on hopefully with better looking plants lol.

I've got space in my room so I'll start a few more seeds heeding the advice everyone has given. With better luck, I'm sure it will go well.