Side note: 

I can't see 100 percent your plants, but from what I can see, you have a few leaves you can remove and the plant still be happy and finish correctly. 

One thing guys do, and I've done in the past, is remove a few of the lower fan leaves, and some in the middle of the plant where there isn't lots of light penetrating, this way you can drastically drop your humidity and avoid these situations in the future. 

Comes down to better air flow, not in or out the room, but around the room.

Edited by StickyD420
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:

Side note: 

I can't see 100 percent your plants, but from what I can see, you have a few leaves you can remove and the plant still be happy and finish correctly. 

One thing guys do, and I've done in the past, is remove a few of the lower fan leaves, and some in the middle of the plant where there isn't lots of light penetrating, this way you can drastically drop your humidity and avoid these situations in the future. 

Comes down to better air flow, not in or out the room, but around the room.

Awesome thanks. Yeah I clean the ladies up nicely this morning so I hope I got all infected leaves and have better air flow in my tent for those RH. Turning my inline speed down also has helped level out temps and RH readings. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Burly said:

Awesome thanks. Yeah I clean the ladies up nicely this morning so I hope I got all infected leaves and have better air flow in my tent for those RH. Turning my inline speed down also has helped level out temps and RH readings. 

See now🤜🤛

Just remember, mildew gets into the plants system, lives there. So you need to spray every 2 to 3 days to get rid of it, but you in flower, so just bath what you haven't caught yet and you can spray pH water on leaves, kills it too on the leaves but not inside the plant.

2 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:

See now🤜🤛

Just remember, mildew gets into the plants system, lives there. So you need to spray every 2 to 3 days to get rid of it, but you in flower, so just bath what you haven't caught yet and you can spray pH water on leaves, kills it too on the leaves but not inside the plant.

Would you suggest neem oil in my feed and a PH of 9 for the next few days water spray down? 

2 minutes ago, Burly said:

Would you suggest neem oil in my feed and a PH of 9 for the next few days water spray down? 

I’m using GHE Lukas formula for this grow with molasses and lime 2.5ml of kelp to every liter? 

The seedlings are in FF green bag but I’m not feeding there yet, just sprayed deluding down with neem last night. I also have asked in another thread about FF and using slats or organic like biobizz m, I think your in that thread as well. 

Just now, StickyD420 said:

Again, Neem has a NPK so watch you dont over feed now and follow the 10ml to 1L or slightly stronger, maybe just do the Neem drench, then a feed next time.

Good idea, so PH water with neem on my none fertigation days and then feed again next round. Sorry last question dude, would you do the neem and PH water feed once right and then normal schedule there after. 

I'd normally advise against using Neem as soil drench, but you are not working with Microbes and therefore wont be killing them with the neem drench. 

Otherwise, and any grower will say this, prevention is better than cure, and rather hit the plants every 2 weeks depending, with a neem spray and drench of the leaves, under leaves and over the stems, not the soil if using organics and Microbes. 

Also never spray in the heat of the day or hottest times.

Edited by StickyD420
  • Like 1

How is it going?

I can recommend using AQ sf, bio organics sell it - they're based in cape Town but will ship.
Other retailers sell it too, such as Jamie's garden shop.
It basically eats away the PM, although takes a bit of time to get working as it's spores which need to germinate. Safe to use during flower.

Also removing leaves and having a fan in your tent, the pm spores have already spread. I was thinking of trying one of those disinfectant foggers which kill all microbes and spores for fungus and mould etc to clean out my tent and equipment between grows - have not yet tried it but I think it could work.
Get it blowing through my extraction fan and oscillating fans and onto my lights etc.

Milk and water also works, if you're in a hurry mixing the AQ sf with milk seems to work well, the milk helps control the pm straight away and then the AQ sf takes over a little later although you still need to continue to spray, I'd say at least once a week to ensure it remains under control, last thing you want is for the pm to blow up before harvest.

I haven't tried vinegar or bicarb, I'm not sure how I feel about using neem on plants in flower and I'd also suggest using a neem oil made for plants specially and not the one from Dischem (it may even be cheaper than the dischem one).

Agro organics also sell a neem oil as do Neudorff.

I have heard that keeping your temps between 22 and 26 can help prevent the pm spores from germinating and therefore ensure you do not end up with pm on your plants - never tried it myself and probably a little late for you.
You'd need a heater and decent thermostat to achieve that though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

How is it going?

I can recommend using AQ sf,

Awe PsyClown,

Thank you, I also learned something now, what is AQ sf, or is that the full name.

Have heard of other good being used like Prom does, but is overseas markets only.

Glad to find this new advice and local supply. 

I use a preventative measure, but if I need it in future or for advising others.

Edited by StickyD420
  • Like 1

How is it going?

I can recommend using AQ sf, bio organics sell it - they're based in cape Town but will ship.
Other retailers sell it too, such as Jamie's garden shop.
It basically eats away the PM, although takes a bit of time to get working as it's spores which need to germinate. Safe to use during flower.

Also removing leaves and having a fan in your tent, the pm spores have already spread. I was thinking of trying one of those disinfectant foggers which kill all microbes and spores for fungus and mould etc to clean out my tent and equipment between grows - have not yet tried it but I think it could work.
Get it blowing through my extraction fan and oscillating fans and onto my lights etc.

Milk and water also works, if you're in a hurry mixing the AQ sf with milk seems to work well, the milk helps control the pm straight away and then the AQ sf takes over a little later although you still need to continue to spray, I'd say at least once a week to ensure it remains under control, last thing you want is for the pm to blow up before harvest.

I haven't tried vinegar or bicarb, I'm not sure how I feel about using neem on plants in flower and I'd also suggest using a neem oil made for plants specially and not the one from Dischem (it may even be cheaper than the dischem one).

Agro organics also sell a neem oil as do Neudorff.

I have heard that keeping your temps between 22 and 26 can help prevent the pm spores from germinating and therefore ensure you do not end up with pm on your plants - never tried it myself and probably a little late for you.
You'd need a heater and decent thermostat to achieve that though.

Morning boys

So wake and bake all done properly with some warm pancakes this morning after the labour the past few 48 hours.

Shoto for the reply@Psyclown.
I’ll def be looking into AQ.

So far cleaned the tent, defoliated only a few leaves infected but still cleaned the girls up. Just hope I sorted the spores out. Now that you mention it we have these fogging things at work that kill all air-born and surface viruses and fungus spores and it safe. I’ll look into those, if they not an option have you found any spray can defoggers like that, I’ll google now as well.
Drench my coco with ph water and neem, that was 48h ago I’m going to drench coco again only this time with feed and until run off, take readings. I’ve been keeping HR at about 55 for the last 48h dehumidifier set at 50. Heating I made a plan, not the best way to heat but I think it’s working and possibly cost affective. I’ll post a pic now of the set up and explain. So temps have been lights on constant 26 and lights out 18.

On a unrelated topic. Would you guys suggest that with Freedom farm soil the green bag I could get away with Biozbizz bloom and Fishmix for autos considering the soil has been primed? Also would I add warmcastings or just microbs and if so any suggestions to add with those two from Biobizz.

I’ll send pics now of hearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Morning boys

So wake and bake all done properly with some warm pancakes this morning after the labour the past few 48 hours.

Shoto for the reply@Psyclown.
I’ll def be looking into AQ.

So far cleaned the tent, defoliated only a few leaves infected but still cleaned the girls up. Just hope I sorted the spores out. Now that you mention it we have these fogging things at work that kill all air-born and surface viruses and fungus spores and it safe. I’ll look into those, if they not an option have you found any spray can defoggers like that, I’ll google now as well.
Drench my coco with ph water and neem, that was 48h ago I’m going to drench coco again only this time with feed and until run off, take readings. I’ve been keeping HR at about 55 for the last 48h dehumidifier set at 50. Heating I made a plan, not the best way to heat but I think it’s working and possibly cost affective. I’ll post a pic now of the set up and explain. So temps have been lights on constant 26 and lights out 18.

On a unrelated topic. Would you guys suggest that with Freedom farm soil the green bag I could get away with Biozbizz bloom and Fishmix for autos considering the soil has been primed? Also would I add warmcastings or just microbs and if so any suggestions to add with those two from Biobizz.

I’ll send pics now of hearing.

aea6b5478e3b8c9c21530a0e229e0894.jpg
66898bb5d4cd0eeb89410c4bf6e6ad31.jpg
34f653208bc8aec762eb0fdd07a88b9c.jpg
So it’s a little heater I bought from clicks and added a controller STC 1000 probe is running into the tent inline with the bud hight, with a 2 degree variance set. Inlet pipe is covered with a heat proof filter and blowing warm air through ducting at the bottom of the tent. This might be pushing moister air in but in short bursts and dehumidifier is hold the RH. I have a oscillating fan on the floor another hanging above light and buds and on the opposite top corner of the tent is my scrubber.
Thats about it for heating.

aea6b5478e3b8c9c21530a0e229e0894.jpg
66898bb5d4cd0eeb89410c4bf6e6ad31.jpg
34f653208bc8aec762eb0fdd07a88b9c.jpg
So it’s a little heater I bought from clicks and added a controller STC 1000 probe is running into the tent inline with the bud hight, with a 2 degree variance set. Inlet pipe is covered with a heat proof filter and blowing warm air through ducting at the bottom of the tent. This might be pushing moister air in but in short bursts and dehumidifier is hold the RH. I have a oscillating fan on the floor another hanging above light and buds and on the opposite top corner of the tent is my scrubber.
Thats about it for heating.

Keen to hear your thought and suggestions on this unconventional heat source?

Keen to hear your thought and suggestions on this unconventional heat source?

Another lesson, one of many, I’ve learnt in all of this as well is to get my pest control management up to scratch and stocked!!!

AQ sf is Ampelomyces quisqualis.

I've heard Prom say Serenade works well, so if you're keen to import perhaps try that too.

I feel AQ sf is best used as a preventative but it can work in controlling an outbreak too, although Serenade sounds better for an outbreak.

I'd also look at putting the heater inside the tent, instead of having it blow through ducting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

AQ sf is Ampelomyces quisqualis.

I've heard Prom say Serenade works well, so if you're keen to import perhaps try that too.

I feel AQ sf is best used as a preventative but it can work in controlling an outbreak too, although Serenade sounds better for an outbreak.

I'd also look at putting the heater inside the tent, instead of having it blow through ducting.

I would have put the heater in the tent but it blows out a burst of really out air, I had it on the out side blowing into the tents vent and that burnt some low hanging leaves in veg. But I’m very interested behind your suggestion, as much as I agree with it. I can only think it’s to keep more heat in the tent. I also keep my vents closed as the fan does just enough. Since I’ve lowered my inline fan speed my walls don’t pull in anymore, but are rather hanging straight down and flapping a bit from all the fans inside. Are you guys using AC to control the room environments your tents are in standing in. I have a1200btu mobile AC, one of the other reasons I did that little hearing set in winter was to save on costs. What you guys think?? The room is about 4x4x4 and the tent is 1.2. I can’t use the room as a complete grow space it’s not in the right place for that.

I wanted to ask you guys all how you handle cleaning your carbon filter, do the spores get killed and blown out, or is it one of things where you have to get a new one. The inline fan comes apart nicely for an inside clean. 

3 minutes ago, Burly said:

I would have put the heater in the tent but it blows out a burst of really out air, I had it on the out side blowing into the tents vent and that burnt some low hanging leaves in veg. But I’m very interested behind your suggestion, as much as I agree with it. I can only think it’s to keep more heat in the tent. I also keep my vents closed as the fan does just enough. Since I’ve lowered my inline fan speed my walls don’t pull in anymore, but are rather hanging straight down and flapping a bit from all the fans inside. Are you guys using AC to control the room environments your tents are in standing in. I have a1200btu mobile AC, one of the other reasons I did that little hearing set in winter was to save on costs. What you guys think?? The room is about 4x4x4 and the tent is 1.2. I can’t use the room as a complete grow space it’s not in the right place for that.

I wanted to ask you guys all how you handle cleaning your carbon filter, do the spores get killed and blown out, or is it one of things where you have to get a new one. The inline fan comes apart nicely for an inside clean. 

Nope just measure the room my tents are in is 3x3 

I stand to be corrected, and understand the carbon filter will kill the mold, so I imagine no need to clean it too, someone else can verify that as I've never looked into it.

When I had mildew, I bought a hand held 18w UV light and basically used that and spray, and then washed my bud, as by the time you notice it, as @PsyCLown said, the spores are all over and you are now basically trying to control its outbreak to minimum, and as since having a dehumidifier with HEPA filter and doing precaution spray of Neem once a month, up till flip to flowering, and good air circulation in the room, up or down and horizontally oscillating fans, I've not had anything in 2 years now.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:

You talking feet or meter,

If meter, and you saying tent's, as in more than 1☝️....I'm 😶

Yeah in meters both tent and room. 
I have a flowering tent currently 1.2x 1.2 

I have a small 90x90cm little veg tent that has a 100w LED QB busy used at night when flowering tent is off. I’ve cleaned that tent out as well. Not the ideal situation and don’t plan to have grows so close to each other. Situations unfortunately forced me into this situation. 

• Like 1

Just now, Burly said:

Yeah in meters both tent and room. 
I have a flowering tent currently 1.2x 1.2 

I have a small 90x90cm little veg tent that has a 100w LED QB busy used at night when flowering tent is off. I’ve cleaned that tent out as well. Not the ideal situation and don’t plan to have grows so close to each other. Situations unfortunately forced me into this situation. 

Lekker, for a second there I thought you meant 3x3m tents🤔

Already 2 tents, no matter the size is something I dream of one day, when I can afford to do so maybe.

Something that nobody has said yet, are those UV air cleaners, with a fan in, a uv light inside, and then a fan out, can be small, and inline too on air systems into tents, and it kills all living things straight there and then, way before it gets into the tent or room.

Has to be no UV light leaks, as they kill the plant in no time of making direct contact with surface of the plant and leaves.