Plant Of The Month - 09/14 - Entries Closed - Winners announced

420SA

Spring is the time for new growth and perhaps it's time for you start planting those seeds because it's Plant Of The Month time!!!

Hydro herb Africa has kindly sponsored us some awesome prizes for the person who cultivates the most beautiful looking lady(or maybe male) for this springly month of September! There will also be a prize for the Runner-Up too!

This is what will arrive at your door if you're found guilty of growing September's best plant!

1 Litre Complete Nutriplex Trio

nutes.jpg

Battery operated clip on fan (Batteries Included)

fan.jpg

20 Starter Jiffy Pellets

jiffy.jpg

And for our Runner-Up we'll be giving away this trusty Portable Microscope 60x-100x

microscope.jpg

Now here are the competition rules that will apply for the rest of time (I will put up an appropriate post for comp rules when I get the chance)

• This competition relates solely to the condition of your plant in this the month of September 2014. Therefore you can't post up a pic of some amazing plant you grew 9 years back in your prime  :-stoned.

• We therefore ask that you please take a picture of your plant with the date handwritten onto a piece of paper or whatever you choose. The main thing is that we see the day, month & year in the picture but no watermark type of dates will be accepted. I think most of us know about Photoshop by now.

• Submissions must be made by simply replying to this post with your picture as an attachment

• All entries must be in by the 25th of September

• After which we will narrow down the nominees if needed.

•On the 26th we will open up a poll and every single member of this forum will be able to vote(only once) for who they think should be the winner.

• The winner and runner-up will be determined that way. If there turns out to be a low voting turnout we will determine the winners ourselves.

• Winners must then please Private Message me their Name, Contact Details & Address.

• Each member must choose only one of their plants that they want to enter for POTM.

• They can then submit photos of the plant on two different dates in the month.

• Photos of plants must not be taken under HPS light as one can't properly judge the colour of the plant under that colour temperature.

Your plants will be judged on:

1. Their overall condition - Are they well fed. Do they display deficiencies. Are the leaves drooping

2. Their training technique - Regardless of what technique you used, even if there was none, was the growing technique put to practice efficiently and controlled well.

3. Size is irrelevant but older plants will most likely be the most frequent winners.

I think that pretty much covers it. If you guys have any more questions feel free to ask in this post! Get growing and GOOD LUCK!!!!!! :-rasta :-rasta :-rasta :-rasta

:-peace

Thanks for your entry kid!! ;D

Just a slight change in the rules but a fairly significant one ... if you want to, you can submit photo's of that plant one more time later in the month. In other words each member can submit photos of the plant on two different date's, as long as they are both submitted before the 25th of course!

• 2 weeks later...

Jack heurer

Autopot with airdome...2l Leca, 50/50 coco peat perlite mix, covered in another layer of leca to stop coco peat blowing around the grow

Mycohizzae - mycoroot

Nutriplex nutes

Vegged for 4 weeks (metal halide used)

2 weeks into flowering (600w dual spec)

Temp: 25,8

Relative humidity: 53%

PH: 5,7

EC: brand new meter has decided I stop working :(, luckily it has a warrantee :)

image.thumb.jpg.0e688734a3dac33b982a282eb8486ea3.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411638205.545971.thumb.jpg.c026221aeaf59dce9e78fec68b959944.jpg

Ok guys the poll has officially closed . In all honestly I don't think the poll was too effective with a lot of potential for voter recruiting. We will continue to run the poll but the ability for us to decide in the end will always be an option.

So... the winner will be decided by us....

Deciding factors this month were the overall beauty of the plant and how much care has been taken with the plant. Some plants displayed deficiencies and some displayed toxicities.

It was quite tight between the 2 but in the end Totemic's plant walks away the victor ;D

Very close in 2nd place is Birdflu's plant

Please Private Message me your addresses and contact details guys and I will pass it onto Hydro Herb Africa. I will keep you guys posted on the delivery of your prizes. Congratulations guys!!

Many thanks to Hydro Herb Africa for sponsoring these great prizes!!!

To the others, there's always next month! You can enter the same plant next month if you wish.

• 3 weeks later...