trich

Jedi Messiah

Question

5 answers to this question

If you buy coco bricks there should not be any trich in there, it is meant to be inert so no food source for the trich anyways.

If this is what I think it is for, then rather avoid the coco and go for grains.

Trich colonizes very quickly and can spread like wildfire. If you have ever used trich before, you're going to struggle to get rid of it.

Products like Explogrow contain trich as well.

• Thanks 1

On 1/15/2020 at 10:32 AM, PsyCLown said:

If you buy coco bricks there should not be any trich in there, it is meant to be inert so no food source for the trich anyways.

If this is what I think it is for, then rather avoid the coco and go for grains.

Trich colonizes very quickly and can spread like wildfire. If you have ever used trich before, you're going to struggle to get rid of it.

Products like Explogrow contain trich as well.

never used it.

I am using grains, this is for the substrate. think horse poo.

good to know that the bricks wont contain it =D

On 1/15/2020 at 10:38 AM, Totemic said:

Most common fungi in the air. This time of year is worst time of year to try any sterile work. Temps need to be under 21...

sterility isn't an issue here.fully colonised grains should hold contaminates at bay, hopefully, lol.

9 minutes ago, Jedi Messiah said:

never used it.

I am using grains, this is for the substrate. think horse poo.

good to know that the bricks wont contain it =D

sterility isn't an issue here.fully colonised grains should hold contaminates at bay, hopefully, lol.

I battle in summer and suffer major contamination within a week after casing so dont even bother. I'll get going in may again.

Edited by Totemic
  • Thanks 1