Companion Plants

GARLIN

I've recently had a case of mites that I had to deal with. After that I started looking into companion plants. My question is ..... if im growing indoors in a tent can I just have the companion plants in its own opts in the same room or grown tent ? I've checke a few videos online and its mostly outdoor with the companion plant in the same pot. Please advise anyone that has experience using companion plants... Thanks

• Like 1

I think it depends what you want from the companion plant.

If using it to repel insects, I would assume keeping it in the same tent as your grow would be best..

If using it to improve soil quality then you would have to put it in the same pot.

Check the link below:

https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/content/136-list-of-companion-plants-for-quality-cannabis-rqs

• Like 1

Companion plants are quite cool and interesting. You can use them in many ways.

Attractants- sacrificial plants for insects to munch on instead of chowing your crop.
Lettuce, celery, tomatoes.
Mites and bugs love these plants.

Repellants- plants that by nature repel insects by smell/scent or bad taste.
Catnip, rosemary, mints,
marigolds/afrikaners.

We grow and use our fresh herbs, so I use sacrificial companion plants.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

I only have experience outdoors with companion planting. Indoors I wouldn't do it cause of space issues. You do not want another feeder growing alongside your ganja competing for food and in the end taking some important nutes that could've been used by the weed. Indoors is an controlled environment which basically means you are god. So with that said, cleanliness comes after godliness.

If you have pest problems indoors then you did not clean yourself good enough before visiting them. Or accidentally picked up a pest while on your way home. If I see any pests I whip out Ludwig and read them their final words...

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1