Seed sexing..

Dabtzar

Guest Maxwell

I generally agree with SM, the healthier the plant the better the seeds will be. But as for increasing female ratio, I am unsure as to the truth value. In terms of having more true females, then sure, but in general I seem to think genetics are little more complex than just plant health. With so many metabolic processes at play during pollination and subsequent seed growth, I fear our understanding of genetics is still concentrated on a macro level. JOMO  :-peace

My observation with pre-flowering has always been, that from about 4 weeks from seed the plant reaches sexual maturity, and starts developing the primordial flowering region. ( Where both male and female flowers develop from, right at the node. ) Plants are usually at their 4-5th node here. By node 6-8 development will have moved far enough along for you to discern male/female.

All cannabis plants I have grown have done this, even under 24hr light.

Once you shorten the light cycle, you induce flowering, where already developed primordia start blooming.

I have been monitoring my other little "lady" closely. "She" is now 27 days old from planting, 1 day shy of 4 weeks. "Her" growth is exploding now and "she" is showing the following signs. Please see images below.

TkUDaH.jpgSHjDCW.jpg

Does this indicate female characteristics at this early stage?