Indoor Led Grow tent (Cheese Candy)

BigOG

Hi everybody

Just a small update.

I am struggling a bit with temps these past two days the tent gets about 30 deg should I get another fan maybe? my fan is on its highest setting.

I have some nice growth but I am worried about the seedlings the cotydelyons on all of them have gone dry and yellow and the problem seems to be working it's way up the lower leaves as well.

Tbh I keep having this issue with seedlings and I'm not sure if it's something I am specifically doing wrong.

20191008_075448.thumb.jpg.d53548dcc343233413a26914b430d260.jpg

Cheese Candy 

20191008_075532.thumb.jpg.3d59ce6f88213d2c145000022b3c899a.jpg

OG Kush

20191008_075722.thumb.jpg.272b3da872e586de624b330831184235.jpg

Firebush OG F1 

I will post a picture of the seedlings as soon as I can. Also how long would you guys suggest I veg these they are at about 30 days now.

Thanks

Edited by BigOG
  • Like 1

Hi @BigOG , the problem with the seedlings could be "hot" soil, and a lesser chance the extreme wind from the fans, seedlings can handle some wind, but full blast from a big fan could rekt them.

To test if it is the soil you could try germinating a few beans in jiffy pellets and see if you get a different result.

Peace and buds, happy growing :-rolled

• Like 1

Cool beans, if the wind is not a problem and they are getting enough light, my guess that soil might be the culprit. Its not unusual that commercial potting soil mixes run a bit hot for seedlings, from what I see online. There are seedling specific mixes, but I have never tried any of the brands here in SA, so can't really vouch for the results.

Seedlings also love some high humidity in the first week or two of their lives. :-thumbsup Best of luck @BigOG

Edited by Dank

In terms of soil, I have had success with seedlings straight into the following soil:

Organics Matter Living Soil

Freedom Farms Organic Soil

Freedom Farms Germination MIx

The Culterra Germination mix also works, but, I am not a big fan and you would want to repot it very shortly after it has sprouted.

The Organics Matter living soil can be a little compact for some seedlings, easy way to avoid this is to put a jiffy pellet in the soil and the seed into the jiffy pellet - although I have not experienced issues with the soil being too compact, I know others have.

I generally try and avoid the soils from the nurseries as they just look disappointing. I'd rather spend a bit more and know the soil is great! Your plant spends its whole life in soil and gets a lot of nutrients from the soil and the soil needs to be well balanced to ensure optimal air and water retention and so forth.

• Like 2