Jiffy Pellet Question

Spaceman

Hi

I am busy with my first indoor grow and I germinated 4 seeds in Jiffy Pellets, they grew well and I transplanted them with the Jiffy Pellets into a soil mix (bush soil, Perlite & Coco Coir) - I noticed that the leaves started sagging, I felt the soil and it was dry, so I watered only 2 of the plants (it looked like they were over watered to begin with, but because of the dry soil I decided to water 2 in any case) - now the 2 that I watered are sagging even more - see photos. My question is, could it be that the Jiffy Pellets hold water so well, that the soil dry out, but that there is still too much water in the pellet and thus start drowning the roots - OR is it something completely different?

02-07-2019 - 03.JPG

02-07-2019 - 01.JPG

Bush Soil is basically the soil that one will buy at a nursery - I stick my finger into the soil, but I suspect that because the soil is well aired it may get dry before the jiffy pellet which holds the water a lot better - hence the soil feels dry even though it may be very wet close to the plant where it is in the Jiffy

On 7/2/2019 at 3:02 PM, Spaceman said:

Bush Soil is basically the soil that one will buy at a nursery - I stick my finger into the soil, but I suspect that because the soil is well aired it may get dry before the jiffy pellet which holds the water a lot better - hence the soil feels dry even though it may be very wet close to the plant where it is in the Jiffy

i cut the bag off my jiffy pellets, but keep the peat before putting in soil.

• Agree 1