Broken branch!!

CreX

So yesterday I had a branch break... 

Shit Happens 

Slipped and knocked a branch and broke it? 

Trained her nicely yesterday, and today she's split? 

Child lobbed a ball in your direction and landed on a branch? 

Look no further! We are here to help!! 

For the same reason humans keep a first aid kit, typically in an easy to remember location and in kit form not bits and bobs, Is the same reason you should be keeping a plant aid kit handy. 

I have a few things in my kit that I want to share with you. 

Honey! Not the sulphated kind... Fresh from the bees kind... It is a bit more expensive, but it has the goodness and healing capabilities that sulphated honey just does not have! 

Kelpak - reduces plant shock and can be applied directly to the wound like mercurochrome

Twisty ties, shoelaces, string, bra straps... The list is endless.. You need to be able to hold the plant somehow, create a splint or a brace or wires to the light... 

If you have those in an easy to find location, you should be able to repair her without too much trouble. 

• Thanks 1

Less haste, less speed... 

Getting this done the fastest is not ever the right way. 

Yes you need to get the break repaired sooner rather than later.. But way more damage can be done in haste, than can be repaired by the plant in time... So take it easy

The split or break is likely very unused to being in the open air and will need to be the first point of focus... Smear honey into the break and apply kelpak aswell... 

Next is to try bring the break back to where the stem is, and hold it there. 

I have found that a stiff wire works best for this task, because there is no stretch in it like string or shoelaces have. 

Twist the wire around a branch that is not broken and can support the broken branch, pull the broken branch up to close the split, honey and kelpak should be coming out the sides, and then tie the branch so it does not separate away from the split when you let go. 

Additional splints might be necessary, or you might need to hold the plant up with straps, possibly to the light fitting. Alternatively you could place something underneath the branch to hold it up. 

Now, if you managed to close the gap, and support the plant, you should be good to go.. All that's left for you to do is LEAVE THE PLANT THE EFF ALONE!!! 

She needs time to heal, and her moving around or even too much moving air can hinder its healing and prolong healing time. 

After a few weeks you could take the braces off and remove the wires and such... But I don't, I leave it until harvest to not tempt the break to rebreak. 

And that's it... Shit Happens... But as lo g as you have a plan and the kit on hand, you will be okay

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Afternoon,
I think everybody has had this happen to them to a certain extent.
The honey tip is a good one, thanks. Didn't know that.

Here's my kit

Electrical tape, supportive and stretchy for binding, even on a light break.
Wooden splint to keep the branch straight
Wire, cableties and bagties to tie splints
Compost tea to mitigate plant stress and help with the healing.

I've trained bonsai's before, so with the wire you have to be careful that it doesn't cut into the branch as it grows. Cannabis grows so fast, you have to check on healing regularly.
Otherwise leave it alone, cannabis is very resilient, they heal quick.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Agree 1