LED burn or pH issues?

highchome

2019-06-03_ph_p.png.b7f88d19910b07d2e6a13ef59dee7df5.png

Does this look like LED burn or is it more likely cause by the high pH issue I'm fighting with currently?

I did lower my LED a bit, bestva 1000W was at ~50cm from top of plant I've moved it to ~60cm. So it could possibly be that. However my soil pH is still high 7, I'm trying to lower it but it keeps creeping back up after watering. When I look at the nutrient deficiency chart this looks closest to the picture of phosphorous deficiency but I'm not convinced...

Anything else I should be considering?

Thanks

Edited by highchome

Here is another pic, that may show it better... 

2019-06-03_ph_p_2.png.f54a9de48cabdfe3c0ca1de719f574c3.png

4 minutes ago, greenkush said:

It looks like nutrient burn to me

Thanks. I've done very little fertilizing so far. Would the high pH result in burn even with lower fert doses?

Just now, highchome said:

Here is another pic, that may show it better... 

2019-06-03_ph_p_2.png.f54a9de48cabdfe3c0ca1de719f574c3.png

Thanks. I've done very little fertilizing so far. Would the high pH result in burn even with lower fert doses?

That actually looks more like a phosphorus deficiency either none being administered or being locked out.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

@greenkush right, thank you. I'll be more aggressive with trying to get the soil pH down then.

So far I've been watering with water around 5.8 trying to lower the soil that is in the high 7-8 range. So far that's only dropped it to mid-7 at the very best. Perhaps I now need to add some soil additive that will help keep it down. 

1 minute ago, highchome said:

@greenkush right, thank you. I'll be more aggressive with trying to get the soil pH down then.

So far I've been watering with water around 5.8 trying to lower the soil that is in the high 7-8 range. So far that's only dropped it to mid-7 at the very best. Perhaps I now need to add some soil additive that will help keep it down. 

What soil are you using?

re-potting with a diff medium may be a better solution, at some point you'll just be damaging the plant & you may be beyond that already. looks more like multiple deficiencies due to PH lockout. your microbial life is probably suffering too, if not already gone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For the record, I ended up repotting in coco/perlite late last week and the plants are already looking way happier even this soon after the transplant. I also think that perhaps some of the damage was from wind burn so I've switched off my main fan for now.

Thanks again for the advice everyone.

• Like 2