Small Jumping Spider

Mellow

Hey guys, 
Anyone clued up as to what spider this may be as well as if it's a major threat to my plants?
Often when checking on them I see one jumping around on the plant. Haven't noticed any feeding marks, but have seen some webs across plants.
So I just want to know if I need to keep trying to get rid of it / them or if I can let them be happy on my plant and possibly be protecting it?
Thanks for any info.

20190114_083540 - Copy.jpg

• Like 1

I say you should leave them be. I've noticed 2 on my outdoor plants & no more whiteflies. They're doing a great job eating pests on mine.

They will build a very tiny nest, though, so I dont want to harm them at harvest...but I'll burn that bridge when I get to it.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

If I googled correctly then that is a Phidippus audax or bold jumping spider. 

They are common in fields and grasslands, but mostly seen on fences, exterior walls, and gardens. Many jumping spiders seem to prefer flat vertical surfaces,  due to the fact that it enables them to spot and chase down roaming insects with ease. So I guess they are all good where they are. 

• Like 1