Dinafem Cheese XXL auto , Greensmokeroom Seeds Jacky's Girl Scout Cookies and Pachamamma's Super Silver Haze

S420

IMG_1483.thumb.JPG.632712cc353b1cd5b4f1de4176b043d8.JPG

Greensmokeroom Jacky's Girl Scout Cookies Feminised seedling week 1 (Jack herer x GSC 28% thc)

IMG_1488.thumb.JPG.7d6e85fc45fe19a1add1f32126535a58.JPG

Week 3 Cheese XXL Auto x 2 Dinafem Seeds

IMG_1484.thumb.JPG.1d726fab1c1ee2ede2786f7ec6ebd8a3.JPGIMG_1485.thumb.JPG.d4171c40b2afdf9b9e7be5855b89a0aa.JPG

PachaMama's Super Silver Haze Feminised (The order that was supposed to be jack herer auto that somehow turned into SSH)- Seedling Week 2

IMG_1490.thumb.JPG.7c40ee8798cf4d93214256320a90ac08.JPG

Edited by S420
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Dr. Green said:

Jealous of that air-conditioner looking good 

Man I wish it was an aircon, its an air cooler/heater ( I use refrigerated water and ice packs in the water tank). 

Goldair GHC-803H

https://www.builders.co.za/Gas-%26-Appliances/Air-conditioners/Portable-Air-Conditioners/Goldair-GHC-803H-Air-Cooler-and-Heater/p/000000000000552857

• Like 1

On 11/20/2018 at 9:28 PM, S420 said:

2 x Apollo 8 360w 

If i may ask, what spectrum and lense angle are you running on the 8 spots.

my 8 spot apollo was recently updated spectrum wise and im wondering if my choice of 120' lense.

have you checked actual draw at the wall?

51 minutes ago, McB said:

If i may ask, what spectrum and lense angle are you running on the 8 spots.

my 8 spot apollo was recently updated spectrum wise and im wondering if my choice of 120' lense.

have you checked actual draw at the wall?

I have not done any testing to determine how strong the light is neither have I tested the draw at the wall. I have read that the old units draw 250 something watt (under spec but old articles/videos)  but I haven't found any recent articles. Mine run full spectrum all the time. I did not even know there was a choice of lense (or that you could adjust lens angle), mine is probably the default, whatever that is.

1 hour ago, S420 said:

I have not done any testing to determine how strong the light is neither have I tested the draw at the wall. I have read that the old units draw 250 something watt (under spec but old articles/videos)  but I haven't found any recent articles. Mine run full spectrum all the time. I did not even know there was a choice of lense (or that you could adjust lens angle), mine is probably the default, whatever that is.

i ordered mine direct from cidly in china a few years ago, they make(made) up the panel to your spec, spectrum, lense etc.

standard is 90 and i insisted on 120's for more spread, not sure if it was the right call.

spectrum wise , i lost one 660nm red led on one spot , so had to open up to replace, so updated spectrum while i was at it.

there was a big fluff job done on wattage of leds initially with the HID equivalence claims, hence i ask actual draw.

the 8 spots use "3w" diodes, 15 per pod, 8 pods, max power if all diodes are driven at full 3w(700ma) is 360w.

however the 3w monacre only actually indicates its max ma rating being 700ma, that doest mean they are running at full tilt.

as i remember it the 360w were overrated, and the newer panels were rated at 260w or similar, but could be wrong, as my panel is easily 5 years old if not more 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, McB said:

i ordered mine direct from cidly in china a few years ago, they make(made) up the panel to your spec, spectrum, lense etc.

standard is 90 and i insisted on 120's for more spread, not sure if it was the right call.

spectrum wise , i lost one 660nm red led on one spot , so had to open up to replace, so updated spectrum while i was at it.

there was a big fluff job done on wattage of leds initially with the HID equivalence claims, hence i ask actual draw.

the 8 spots use "3w" diodes, 15 per pod, 8 pods, max power if all diodes are driven at full 3w(700ma) is 360w.

however the 3w monacre only actually indicates its max ma rating being 700ma, that doest mean they are running at full tilt.

as i remember it the 360w were overrated, and the newer panels were rated at 260w or similar, but could be wrong, as my panel is easily 5 years old if not more 

You sound like the right person to talk to if i ever have issues with these lights, you clearly know them well.  Ive split my  200 x 120 x 240 tent into 2 halves. I have the babies on one side and the 2 x 5 week cheeses on the other side each with one grow light for each side. When I first made the purchase the guy tried to convince me to stick with the 2 x 1000w hps he said I needed 4 x apollo 8 to completely cover my tent , but I knew that I would have a massive heat problem due to climate so I opted not to go that route. I havent completed my first grow on this setup as yet , but so far I feel like I have enough with these 2 apollos. Out of interest, what is the distance from the top of the plants on your setup ? How many are you running and how large is your grow area? Are you happy with the apollo you have ? 

2 hours ago, S420 said:

You sound like the right person to talk to if i ever have issues with these lights, you clearly know them well.  Ive split my  200 x 120 x 240 tent into 2 halves. I have the babies on one side and the 2 x 5 week cheeses on the other side each with one grow light for each side. When I first made the purchase the guy tried to convince me to stick with the 2 x 1000w hps he said I needed 4 x apollo 8 to completely cover my tent , but I knew that I would have a massive heat problem due to climate so I opted not to go that route. I havent completed my first grow on this setup as yet , but so far I feel like I have enough with these 2 apollos. Out of interest, what is the distance from the top of the plants on your setup ? How many are you running and how large is your grow area? Are you happy with the apollo you have ? 

any time, have just spent a few weeks with it in varying stages of repair and upgrade on my desk.
 regarding coverage, that's where the lense angle comes in , the 120 lense would give me a wider but less powerful grow area.

i treat(and view) mine as i would a 250w hps, keep it roughly 40cm away from canopy, currently in a 1x1m tent.

happiness wise, its a mixed bag.

i experienced very short plants, cal mag defs and stunted growth

that said i had a mindless obsession with Autos that may well also have been partially to blame for overly touchy plants and low yields. 

i foolishly opted to add 730nm  infra red to the spectrum trying to boost photosynthesis without properly understanding the emerson effect and i think i did yield a lot of damage.

those have been removed and replaced with blues, the warm whites i chose have also been binned for daylight 6500k diodes. so time will tell

Pics of spectrum changes attached

IMG_20181128_235341.jpg

Top 4 updated bottom 4 old spectrum

the panel will now serve as veg light (attached pic) and potentially late flower spectrum booster if i get power hungry enough.

IMG_20181202_234359.jpg
looking at your plants the cheese seem to be perfectly happy under the leds, with the younger plants they look to be staying quite squat, something i noticed with my apollo

Edited by McB
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, McB said:

any time, have just spent a few weeks with it in varying stages of repair and upgrade on my desk.
 regarding coverage, that's where the lense angle comes in , the 120 lense would give me a wider but less powerful grow area.

i treat(and view) mine as i would a 250w hps, keep it roughly 40cm away from canopy, currently in a 1x1m tent.

that said i had a mindless obsession with Autos that may well also have been partially to blame for overly touchy plants and low yields. 

i foolishly opted to add 730nm  infra red to the spectrum trying to boost photosynthesis without properly understanding the emerson effect and i think i did yield a lot of damage.

those have been removed and replaced with blues, the warm whites i chose have also been binned for daylight 6500k diodes. so time will tell

IMG_20181128_235341.jpg

the panel will now serve as veg light (attached pic) and potentially late flower spectrum booster if i get power hungry enough.

IMG_20181202_234359.jpg
looking at your plants the cheese seem to be perfectly happy under the leds, with the younger plants they look to be staying quite squat, something i noticed with my apollo

With the standard setup , I cannot put my lights at 40cm or the leaves burn. I tried it once and went back to normal height. At the moment I am 90 cms away from the tops on the cheese. and around 1 meter from the babies. 

On 12/3/2018 at 1:49 PM, McB said:

IMG_20181128_235341.jpg

IMG_20181202_234359.jpg

I decided to  try lowering the light again and there was visible heat stress on the leaves even at 50 cm. The serrations on the leaves definitely start curling upwards. Now I am worried this first grow on this setup is not getting enough light. Is grow light distance really such a big thing on LED lights. I read somewhere the penetration on LEDS is excellent which is why they recommend hanging it even higher when plants are in seedling stage. That said I also read that light strength is inversely proportional to distance with losses increasing exponentially as the distance is increased.  I really dont know what to do now. I saw a video where a guy lowered the light but angled his fans to cool the area under the light. Soo many options dont know what to do or if the risk is even worth it. In the pictures your plants look nice and healthy and bushy , I was wondering what kind of max height you are getting on non auto flowers.

• 2 weeks later...