Hey folks

Nama420

More acidic ( eg. 5.5 pH ) won't be a problem with low nutrients (eg. 200ppm / ~0.4 EC), but if you do get nutrient problems, increase pH a bit. You can see 5.5 pH is around the minimum recommended. Good luck!

Thanks for the chart. I usually start my seeds in a propogator and then move them to my tote. Once there i run them on plain ph 5.5 for a week and then add small increments of nutes till my 8th week then i start pushing bloom.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Freedom Farm recommends watering at between 5.5 and 6.0. I was a bit worried when seeing the sticker on the bag recently , this is their response along with some questions I asked on some of his products:

Hi.....

Thanks for your mail

We dont add Lime as Coco coir has a naturally high pH.

Below is the answers to your pH, ingredients and soil difference questions.

Ideal watering pH for Freedom Farms Growing Mediums: 5.5 – 6.0

Pure coconut coir has a pH between 5.8 - 6.8. A substrate/soil pH of between 5.5 and 6.5 is ideal for nutrient uptake in most plants. Freedom Farms Coco coir is buffered and charged with natural amendmments. The high Calcium content of our amendmments maintains the pH in the 6.5-6.8 range and will prevent a decrease in pH (substrate acidification) resulting from fertilizer application or waterings at a low pH. The soil pH is therefore buffered against decreasing pH. On the other hand, an incremental increase in pH resulting from tap water (pH 7-8.5) use can cause the soil pH to increase above the optimal range for nutrient uptake. The soil pH is therefore not buffered against increasing pH caused by using un-pH’d tap water. Watering with a pH of 5.5-6.0 will ensure the pH of the soil remains in the optimal range of 5.5-6.5.

Organic Classic vs. the Pro Growing Medium

The Organic Classic blend is formulated for organic nutrients (mainly). Later on in the plant's growing cycle you can add inorganic nutrients if you allow for runoff. If you apply inorganic fertilizer from the start you might burn the plant leaves due to EC stress. So we recommend you either just give water at the beginning or the recommended dosage of organic nutrients such as biobizz, seagro, nitrosol, fish hydrolysate or Freedom Farms Microlife. Compared to the Pro, the Classic has a greater Cation exchange capacity, a higher active organic matter content as well as a balanced semi-slow release organic nutrient component. It will also hold water slightly longer, due to its higher coco coir and compost components.

Classic Ingredients: Coco Coir, Worm Castings, Compost, Perlite (10%), Vermiculite, Organic Nutrients, (Volcanic Rock Dust, Bone Meal, Gypsum, Fermented probiotic bran. 

The Pro Growing Medium is a specifically formulated for the application of salt based/inorganic nutrients and allows you to control the nutrient balance more. This mix has no additional nutrients apart from our vibrant base dry amendment mixture (same as in Classic). With the Pro you have to feed a balanced inorganic fertilizer nutrient formulation (which includes all Macro and Micro elements) from the start and apply again as plant requires with development. The Pro has three times more perlite than the Classic which makes it especially suited for fertigation which also allows for growing a larger plant relative to its root system size. Due to the increased aeration and drainage of the Pro, the medium dries out  quicker. Runoff is required with every other nutrient application to avoid salt build-up. In between salt based nutrient applications, organic nutrients can be supplemented to stimulate microbial activity and add the beneficial aspects of organic amendments. 

Pro Ingredients: Coco Coir, Worm Castings, Perlite (30%), Volcanic Rock Dust, Bone Meal, Gypsum, Fermented probiotic bran. 

Our organic nutrient products are unique (due to our ingredients and fermentation process) so its difficult to compare but the microlife is used as a complete nutrient for vegetative growth but also used through flowering.

The Polyfeed and Calmag go together as a complete inorganic salt based nutrient and is mostly used with our Formula 1 soil. Some growers use it to supplement their organic nutrient regime.

Calmag is Calcium-Magnesium-Nitrate. So there is plenty of N in there. Calmag isn’t actually used for flowering. The nutrients that are beneficial and usually lacking a bit in flowering are Phosphate, Magnesium, Sulphate and sometimes Calcium. Our Voodoo Bloom is our flowering nutrient. See more details below:

Voodoo Bloom (Flowering Supplement)

The all powerful organic flowering supplement. Liquified from bone meal by beneficial microorganisms through a 3 month heated fermentation process. Humic and fulvic acid is added to stabilise the release of highly available Phosphorus and Calcium. Highly active in beneficial soil microorganisms. Due to extreme availability of the phosphate it is recommended that the client starts with adding 1ml/L.

Ingredients: Bonemeal, Probiotics, Bokashi, food grade Molasses, Humic acid, Fulvic acid, kelp, fish hydrolysate

Probiotics (Microbe maintenance)

High in lactic acid bacteria. Contains purple non-sulfer bacteria.

Fermented organic molasses using a pure mother stock of beneficial microbes to obtain maximal populations of active benificial microbes and the plant beneficial compounds they release. Ideal for soil application and foliar spray. Keeps foliar fungal pests and soil pathogens at bay. Assists in breaking down organic fertilisers such as fish hydrolysate and molasses based vegetative nutrients. Also contains high amounts of beneficial compounds released by the microbes during fermentation which include natural plant growth regulators.

Microlife (Vegetative growth/ Soil conditioner)

Microbial fermentation of fish meal, molasses, kelp by beneficial microorganisms through a 3 month heated fermentation process. Used as a complete organic nutrient and soil conditioner. Highest in Nitrogen but contains high amounts of all other essential nutrients.

Ingredients: Food grade molasses, Fish meal, Kelp, Probiotics, Bokashi, Humic acid, Fulvic acid, fish hydrolysate

Advanced nutrients are a bit over the top with their marketing. Their voodoo juice is beneficial bacteria so therefore similar to our straight probiotics.

We used to call our Flowering nutrient Voodoo Juice before we became familiar with their product. We need to get a new name naw haha. Anyway our Voodoo Bloom is completely different as youv’e read above, and formulated spesifically for flowering. It cant be used in high doses due to the high availability of phosphate so the amount of nitrogen you put in is insignificant compared to the Phosphate you get from 1-2ml/L.

Please let me know if you have any more questions

KInd regards

Derek

FF

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk