Project Bagseed.

Guest Brett

Could be your soil is too hot or not airy enough. With my first grow I used soil from the garden, noticed the plants weren't growing, literally a few cm after 2 weeks, & the roots were just nubs when I transplanted them. They did really well after that.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimmy-z[/member] , cheers for that. Checked the ladies soil and they 20cm pots watered on wed at 1lt each,soil is still moist 2 knuckles down so aeration is the main prob me thinks/knows now...:sillyass

Jimmy-z[/member] , cheers for that. Checked the ladies soil and they 20cm pots watered on wed at 1lt each,soil is still moist 2 knuckles down so aeration is the main prob me thinks/knows now...:sillyass

That pot is way too big, that could literally be your finishing pot size. What you put in is what you get out, your soil has a lot of shit in it as you've stated meaning you gonna have shit to deal with...just the honest truth man. Red soil sounds like it has lots of clay so perlite or something similar would be a must.

A basic mix is an organic growing medium, shit...which you have and perlite.

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

Your soil is way to hot for the little one.  Unprocessed organic material needs to cook before being able to be used by the plant.  There some nice recipes here on the forum. Check out admin's (420sa), Green Leaf Organics or Totemic's recipes.

And a cheerfully good morning to all...:-flyinghi   :yipeeee

Thanks Toby[/member] and @Justin420, no ph pen due to cash constraints at the mo, but will get one in the NY.

@greenleaforganic,Totemic[/member],420SA[/member], thanks for all your input on soil, it really made for an interesting read, @glo so much info, very interesting. Going to give 420sa soil mix a go, have most of the stuff on order from hydroponic.co.za, will start cooking once everything is in my meaty paws.

Cheers everyone I might of missed....:goodposting

Afternoon all, not much to report. So repotted the OG, she was lying literally flat on her side. Changed soil mix, compost, perlite and and sieved potting mix. This morning she looks like she got a second wind ( pic following ) For those of you who don't have a worm farm going, how much do you generally pay for a bag of worm castings..

Have a lekka arvy all....:-rastapuff

image.jpeg.dcc3db779b51c417f84ec678cfd94c85.jpeg

Morning all, weekly update...:-hairpull      :yipeeee      :-hairpull

Been an ongoing war with fungus gnats 2 weeks ago after 4 days of amazing rain, neighbors compost pile is 5m behind my place other side of the wall.. I've tried Neem oil only gave breathing space for 2-3 days and they were back, I've changed the potting mix, potting mix compost, potting mix/compost/river sand mix as my local nursery and mica don't stock perlite but I manages to get some in Newcastle yesterday. I have soil ammendmants to do a soil420SA[/member] which are enroute and ph pen and hygrometer as well as bio bizz grow and bloom.

I'm waiting for those to arrive but with Xmas but hopefully by wednesday, I know I can't rush the soil as it has to cook, so out of not knowing what else to do, I gave then H2o2 from clicks @ 1.25ml per liter per plant ( 6 bag seed ) if you look in the pics you can see the dead larvae, little og I've only used Neem oil and she survived her transplant out of red soil. I've a usb fan mounted under the lights to disperse heat and the girls I thought were enjoying it as they were praying to the light but once out for watering I noticed the droop  apart from the nutrient def which might cause the droop as well could it be stress from a direct breeze, I do have an 23cm oscillating fan which I haven't put in as was only going to install once I scrog but im doing it today minus net for a moving breeze and another sub fan under the scrog table to dissuade gnats.

Prior to today the girls were last fed on wed with Seagro 2ml and nitrosol 1ml per liter due to the crap water retention of the initial mix of potting soil only, but I'm getting there...lol

1st 2 pics is larvae.

3rd pic is little G.

Pic 4 is the girls

Pic 5 is fim experiment ( hope I got right ) :-hilarious:-hilarious

Pic 6 is worm farm to be.

Thanks for letting me whinge and have a great Sunday fun day ...

image.thumb.jpeg.0c6468db6c677ecbab168509af2f0c45.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4d4769e7eae9d3b0db01f9450028be2d.jpeg

image.jpg.9fc0ccbd0fd6b5cdf11676361c860748.jpg

image.jpg.a64cec1080e34bc4e6b38d709f725658.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.5be874515a008e0cdadabbc3859d7776.jpeg

image.jpg.61ca02c9f576c873c5b7b669a7f01f00.jpg

Just a quick question about that 1st pic of the fungus gnats larvae. Do they have a white body and a black head, cause i cant make out from the pic. reason i ask is because i had similar problems but then it turned out to become those worms that crawl over the plants with that sticky web. i want to say leaf minors but i might be wrong.

Jland[/member], cheers for that tip, mucho appreciation..:goodposting

Hein[/member], here's a close up, no black head I can see....:rastabanana 

1st pic, would anyone consider that a preflower, saw it when I was picking out larvae.

Thanks all.....

image.thumb.jpeg.9f7f620867f896ca59eaf4c20e5b6cc7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0876a6ba887799716b0f8fdcc9f68b1d.jpeg

Budwizer[/member], thanks for that. You were spot on sir, after checking the web and intense scrutiny with magnifying glass almost cut the larvae in half trying to stretch it seeing if it had a big black head like the gnat larvae.

Once again thankyou kind sirs...:rastabanana

I got some more on my plant yesterday but i think i got them all this time around. when you take them from the plant, do they sometimes hang on by a web/thread ? mine changed from light brown to light green to grey with stripes but eventually they will end up big fat and green. i found some last year in a buddies outdoor grow. they also tend to leave a lot of poo trails where they were alongside some webbing. 1st i thought it was Spidermite but when i looked closer i saw that it was a shitty situation indeed.

PS: Congrats on the lady :-rastadance

Hein[/member], I am honestly pulling my hair out, the little buggers are back this morning flying round again, mostly my fault as I left my door open as it was in the mid 30's last night in the box before bed, room temp this morning outside the box was 30'ish but I just dropped the damn thing and it shattered, hopesmelly my hygrometer arrives this week.. Fruit flys and gnats I hate them right now, but no webs or such...

She is pretty, just waiting on the rest to show before I flip, need to get my ass in gear today and complete my Scrog setup, will put a pic when done.

Have a rockstar day everyone...

Afternoon almal, small update.

2nd female showed herself today...:rastabanana

Scrog complete.

L - 1.1m

W- 0.5

H- 0.4

I understand more or less how scrog works, but not sure if I should lower the height ( please see pics ) or let them grow into it, as at 0.4 I can get under to clean comfortably.

2nd question, how many ladies will I be able to do under that scrog, as the last 4 are acting all coy and shy, should I wait to see if any more ladies appear or should I chuck the rest and move little G into my small grow box which is going for maintenance..

Mucho gratitude for all the support and help...:-peace

image.thumb.jpeg.d0f0f27fcbf44501db409e3b62267c4f.jpeg

image.jpeg.c11d3b5446c230cb2cfb57a1287f2200.jpeg

image.jpeg.684fd2985ea6ea9afe508de11f3bc805.jpeg

Morning all, weekly update...:-hairpull      :yipeeee      :-hairpull

Been an ongoing war with fungus gnats 2 weeks ago after 4 days of amazing rain, neighbors compost pile is 5m behind my place other side of the wall.. I've tried Neem oil only gave breathing space for 2-3 days and they were back, I've changed the potting mix, potting mix compost, potting mix/compost/river sand mix as my local nursery and mica don't stock perlite but I manages to get some in Newcastle yesterday. I have soil ammendmants to do a soil420SA[/member] which are enroute and ph pen and hygrometer as well as bio bizz grow and bloom.

I'm waiting for those to arrive but with Xmas but hopefully by wednesday, I know I can't rush the soil as it has to cook, so out of not knowing what else to do, I gave then H2o2 from clicks @ 1.25ml per liter per plant ( 6 bag seed ) if you look in the pics you can see the dead larvae, little og I've only used Neem oil and she survived her transplant out of red soil. I've a usb fan mounted under the lights to disperse heat and the girls I thought were enjoying it as they were praying to the light but once out for watering I noticed the droop  apart from the nutrient def which might cause the droop as well could it be stress from a direct breeze, I do have an 23cm oscillating fan which I haven't put in as was only going to install once I scrog but im doing it today minus net for a moving breeze and another sub fan under the scrog table to dissuade gnats.

Prior to today the girls were last fed on wed with Seagro 2ml and nitrosol 1ml per liter due to the crap water retention of the initial mix of potting soil only, but I'm getting there...lol

1st 2 pics is larvae.

3rd pic is little G.

Pic 4 is the girls

Pic 5 is fim experiment ( hope I got right ) :-hilarious:-hilarious

Pic 6 is worm farm to be.

Thanks for letting me whinge and have a great Sunday fun day ...

Hey dude it looks like you're going heavy on the watering there. The plants were showing it with the drooping and that's also why you're getting the gnat problem. They love a moist top layer and over watering encourages that.

How often are you watering?

420SA[/member], I watered on the 6th of this month and now on Sunday @1lt each, should I cut down to 500ml per plant... Thanks..

Na that's not a lot of watering then. In terms of quantity I've always just worked on runoff.

I had good success with diatomaceous earth. Kills the larvae

Afternoon all, thanks for all the advice. Have 3 ladies, the other 3, 1 male showed this morning, the other 2 no sign yet, so transplanted on the farm today and will keep on eye on them. Have a lekka evening everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all, hope everyone had a lovely festive season. I'm back in the land of living after a being away for 8 days. Girls hate me. Will update later today.:cursing