Organic Grow Take 2

zairek

How far away do you have your plants from the light. I'm also growing under 250w and was just wondering. I have mine 20cm away from the tips of the plants. Mybseedlings is a few more cm's away. 

Plants are looking super. You reckon you'll reach your goal date ?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How far away do you have your plants from the light. I'm also growing under 250w and was just wondering. I have mine 20cm away from the tips of the plants. Mybseedlings is a few more cm's away.

Plants are looking super. You reckon you'll reach your goal date ?

High Hein 8-) my lights about 30-45cm away, not ideal, but... my grow area is 1.25x1.25 so I need the coverage as well.. plan to add another 250W for my next mega grow, but that's sadly only gonna be in about 3 months time, by then I would have dismantled this setup. What's the size of your grow area? 20cm seems optimum, if you've got your temps within range and uniform light coverage. dont think Ill reach my goal date of harvest 1st week December, will harvest around Xmas, by then i guess Shadow's AKs will be lekker ripe and schweet...8-) thanks for stopping by

I modified a file cabinet for my indoor setup. Its about 1.6 high x 90 wide x 45 deep. I have a moveable panel so I can move my plants up and down as I see fit. I have marked the area where the light is at its best and it ain't that big. I can fit 8 x 15cm pots in there which will make a perpetual harvest possible with a 8 week strain.

Reason I asked about your distance is that if your plants turn out fine then I want to make my space between my light and plants a bit further. That way I can do 1 extra plant in there. I currently have a 12L pot in there doing her thing. So I can either do 2 x 12L at a time or more smaller pots for a perpetual. 

I want to upgrade to a 400w which will be super perfect for that space but I need to save up a bit before I can do that. I'll get some pics tomorrow of my cab to show you what I'm talking about.

• 2 weeks later...

You don't want to over run them loosing potency as the buds mature to far. Otherwise all looks good to me bud.

What you could do is take her down I'm stages as the top buds ripen faster than lower tier buds.

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

That's true bro, but two more points to consider, I stressed these ladies quite severely, decided to prolong there flower time, also have some leggy Sativa babes who could do with the extra flower time, how's your smoke from your last grow that should be well cured by now?

Looking good bruv!!

I've never gone longer than 70 days with my AK48's, triches are normally around 40% amber.  I rate if you hit a 75 day you should be nearing 80%+ amber, full swell and some 'HEAVY' potent herb!!

Hmmm.... Do it :-stoned

Sharp JL looks like I'll have no choice really cos I'll be on vacation. Will harvest when I return or perhaps a partial harvest depending on trichome colour.hmmm

You don't want to over run them loosing potency as the buds mature to far. Otherwise all looks good to me bud.

What you could do is take her down I'm stages as the top buds ripen faster than lower tier buds.

That's true bro, but two more points to consider, I stressed these ladies quite severely, decided to prolong there flower time, also have some leggy Sativa babes who could do with the extra flower time, how's your smoke from your last grow that should be well cured by now?

Smoke is fantastic bud , the DC being my favorite and the Vanilla close behind. On a good night I'll klap a bit of both

Guest shadowassasin

Looking good bruv!!

I've never gone longer than 70 days with my AK48's, triches are normally around 40% amber.  I rate if you hit a 75 day you should be nearing 80%+ amber, full swell and some 'HEAVY' potent herb!!

Hmmm.... Do it :-stoned

Sharp JL looks like I'll have no choice really cos I'll be on vacation. Will harvest when I return or perhaps a partial harvest depending on trichome colour.hmmm

What day will be vacation cut? Yeah 75 imo would be awesome on them specially if last 5 or so days nice and dry after a good flush. 

Looking forward to your results all the best

Sup shadow, I'm on track for a 75 day flower, all in all about a 100day grow. Trichs seem to be clear to milky. Kudos on the AK next grow will attempt to scrog 6 plants in 35 litre buckets, due to the consistency in the overall growth rate and form. Gave them a final soaking with plain water, will harvest in exactly 7 days. I'm keen to know the yield from this grow, but compared to my first grow, I prefer growing in larger pots, as opposed to many smaller plants. The larger pots allow for less frequent watering and less chance of burn . Take care all and wish you and your loved ones safety over the crazy season. Peace

• 5 months later...

Hey shadow and all.  long time. Stopped growing in December last year, gonna get going again soon. Just moved house so everything's disorganised.  Will start posting again soon. 

Your AK 48 was a pleasure to grow and smoke, beautiful tight aromatic nugs. Pity it's too late for a smoke report. Will see if any beans remain, will def be included in next grow line up. How did the BS work out for you?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey shadow and all.  long time. Stopped growing in December last year, gonna get going again soon. Just moved house so everything's disorganised.  Will start posting again soon.

Your AK 48 was a pleasure to grow and smoke, beautiful tight aromatic nugs. Pity it's too late for a smoke report. Will see if any beans remain, will def be included in next grow line up. How did the BS work out for you?

Glad to see you back, Please check you msgs. I know shadow well and know he has spare ak beans if you need.