Chlorine is a 16th Mineral

Guest Thatoneguy

I just came across this and now im confused. as was always taught to let my water sit as this killed not only bad but good bacteria in organic soil I never knew Chlorine is a micronutrient, essential to plant growth.

The Question was: Should I let my water sit for a few days to allow the chlorine to evaporate out?

Answer: No, chlorine is actually one of the sixteen mineral elements that is needed for plants to grow, although there is usually enough chlorine in the fertilizers being used to make your favorite nutrient solution. The real problem with allowing the water to sit for a few days is the lack of dissolved oxygen. The more dissolved oxygen there is in the water, the better the uptake of elements that is provided to your plants. Oxygen will keep your water fresher, longer; as the oxygen comes out of your nutrient solution, pathogens will begin to get a chance to breed

Taken from an American edition of Soft Secrets

Ive always used water straight from our taps. There really isnt enough chlorine in it to cause any noticable detriment to plants. 

We are one of the few countries where our tap water is still potable, and I can understand why the game is different abroad.