Containers Plastic vs Fibre Pots vs Smart Pots

Guest Thatoneguy

Hey everyone, Just want to know what your views are on the Fibre Pots, im trying to really fine tune my set up and get everything dialled in perfectly and I would like to know anyones views on Containers. I would like to go the Fibre pot route, but the downside would be increased watering due to the medium drying out more but one would just double up the size of the pot to compensate for this, Or i could go with Large Plastic pots again maybe going bigger to avoid the roots maybe getting to big for the pot and wrapping around it. Smart pot would be same concept as the fibre pot i think i would assume same concept 

Anyway anyones views, found a link on grow weed easy but just want to hear what others are using and if there was a difference with the switch 

http://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-smart-pots-air-pots

Hey everyone, Just want to know what your views are on the Fibre Pots, im trying to really fine tune my set up and get everything dialled in perfectly and I would like to know anyones views on Containers. I would like to go the Fibre pot route, but the downside would be increased watering due to the medium drying out more but one would just double up the size of the pot to compensate for this, Or i could go with Large Plastic pots again maybe going bigger to avoid the roots maybe getting to big for the pot and wrapping around it. Smart pot would be same concept as the fibre pot i think i would assume same concept

Here's my comment;

9df981fb6c0ad179e7e3095ddd71e634.jpg

I tend to overdo things so the fabric smart pot will probably save a couple of lives. Ha ha.

I grew in homemade fabric pots last year and loved them

First time growing in them and I'm enjoying the results so far. Yes you have to water a bit more and more often so I wouldn't really suggest it if you're growing hydro in coco/perlite but it gives me more peace of mind when growing with soil

I used the 10L fabric pot with coco and perlite. I prefer these over the plastic pots. Ran my plant for +-6 months, no signs of roots swirling, infact no major roots on the outsides, just millions of small ones. As @420SA said, you water more often, but I don't feel like that's a problem as you won't really be able to over water. Also, I think it's due to the aeration that they grow so well. I'm gonna try and get a smaller fabric pot, just to see what happens, coz I feel the 10L was overkill.

Just automate your watering and that wont be an issue. Smart pots increase canopy growth more than closed pots..

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Awe @Dabtzar. I did that, only had to check my cab once every 4 days.

If you do go that route @Thatoneguy, just remember they drink differently as they grow. And make sure you catch your runoff. I flooded my cab the 1st time :-hilarious

I was thinking maybe like a wick system if your using the fabric pots and puting them in somehting like this. water from top till plants are established, could get 2 pots in there

How much water does that wick system deliver?

Mine was almost like a flood and drain system. Pump switched on twice a day, 1L per watering the runoff went into a saucer and out the cab via tubing

I was thikning of just giving the plants lets say 10l of water if they are 20l containers put them in the white container and just put the water into that and they will suck that shit up . dont know hahaha just thinking here. i can pick them up and feel if dry before watering again

I was thikning of just giving the plants lets say 10l of water if they are 20l containers put them in the white container and just put the water into that and they will suck that shit up . dont know hahaha just thinking here. i can pick them up and feel if dry before watering again

But that would leave the pots saturated I think. That would defeat the purpose of airpruning.

Been doing allot of reading on watering today.

What medium are u using?

What nutes?

Everything I read points to watering plants normally, having 10-15% run off and then let them dry before watering again.

just my 2cents

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

I find people also water to quickly  watering needs time to do properly.  You can't just dump all the water into the pot and let it drain. If you do this you actually wasting a lot of nutes . You need to split the water into 3rds. you need to give one 3rd of the water ,watering from the outside in, and let it sit for 10min then another 3rd and let it sit for 5 min then the last 3rd. Try it and I think you will be surprised at how much more water and nutes your medium can maintain....

Just my 2 cents

I find people also water to quickly  watering needs time to do properly.  You can't just dump all the water into the pot and let it drain. If you do this you actually wasting a lot of nutes . You need to split the water into 3rds. you need to give one 3rd of the water ,watering from the outside in, and let it sit for 10min then another 3rd and let it sit for 5 min then the last 3rd. Try it and I think you will be surprised at how much more water and nutes your medium can maintain....

Just my 2 cents

I find this to be true GLO. Before I automated my watering I just dumped it over the top, smoked and put it back once it stopped dripping. Because my timer can only turn on/off in 1 minute intervals i had to split the watering into 2 as to not flood my saucer and cab. 2 watering 10 mins apart basically had less run off and watering was less frequent.