Organic soil- indoor grow

Brown-dawg

Organics gurus got you covered on the pH and amendments :-gthumb... A few more bob :-2cents on the fabric pots:

Elevate them as much as you're able to, to allow some airflow. It'll help them dry out more evenly. Even just a couple cms will help. Can't tell from the pic if they are already.

If the bottom inch of the fabric pots are soggy af, which is often the case I find with mine, could try a small layer of hydroton on the bottom, next transplant (if you haven't already and you're potting up), and/or an intermittent, or thermostat controlled, heating pad underneath provided it doesn't raise ambient temps/root zone too much.

I'm not in soil, but often the top of the medium will be dry and a small bamboo probe or feel of the bottom of the pot is moist.

Will a layer of Leca not assist to keep the bottom dry and aerated?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Organics gurus got you covered on the pH and amendments :-gthumb... A few more bob :-2cents on the fabric pots:

Elevate them as much as you're able to, to allow some airflow. It'll help them dry out more evenly. Even just a couple cms will help. Can't tell from the pic if they are already.

If the bottom inch of the fabric pots are soggy af, which is often the case I find with mine, could try a small layer of hydroton on the bottom, next transplant (if you haven't already and you're potting up), and/or an intermittent, or thermostat controlled, heating pad underneath provided it doesn't raise ambient temps/root zone too much.

I'm not in soil, but often the top of the medium will be dry and a small bamboo probe or feel of the bottom of the pot is moist.

Will a layer of Leca not assist to keep the bottom dry and aerated?

Good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@brown dawg. Hows the plants looking bud?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Still alive

Finally decided that I'm going to have start fresh from a new batch of seeds or clones.

Flipped the ladies to flower.

86fb5edf24c12ff3cd9c1d4cde5990d8.jpg

Getting some new soil from Jamie's for the next grow and I'm thinking 20l pots instead of 10.

da2d709927d3461b36d3c7e91c6f9c32.jpg

Looking much happier. Nice :-gthumb

When did you flip? Prior to the pics being taken.

Thanks narnia flipped The day before. Did some trimming of lower sugar leaves etc this morning.

23643f8d3bd90057e72d131879216291.jpg

Made a yummy tea for the mother in law from the trimmings

410d0f2327d1b6125425a89ddd9c596a.jpg

A little dash of coconut oil and a half hour simmer on the stove= smiling for hours.

Thanks narnia flipped The day before. Did some trimming of lower sugar leaves etc this morning.

A little dash of coconut oil and a half hour simmer on the stove= smiling for hours.

It's the only time we can get along with them......mother in laws

Nah you a oriaate son in law..wonder how the tea tastes. + is both your cmh lights feeding those looks like 8 plants?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Leaves taste very green chlorophyll-ish, but with the oil it's ok. Very mild but still a gentle mellow

Yup. Two cmh for 8 plants. We will see how it goes...

It's the only time we can get along with them......mother in laws

• 2 weeks later...

07c53de981d2a1b10dfa73530a26c234.jpg

He he he this little auto was one of the stunted plants from a few weeks ago, I tossed her in the herb garden outside thinking she'd probably die out in the full sun...

But no, she actually managed to pop out a sparkly flower.  So sweet. She super mini, 15cm top to bottom and frosty all over.  Ha ha ha