Reapers first Run!

Guest Reaper

Guest Reaper

Got my shit together and started a grow recently. Made a kak load of mistakes with this one that set the plants back a few weeks.

Its nothing fancy  few bag seeds Im test running before I do some proper beans.

my setup is a 80x80 tent with 400MH/HPS setup.

Soil is coco, perlite, Organic potting soil, Organic Compost, talborne organics, Worm castings and Im feeding with BioBizz.

I have also just completed building a screen for this one.

My Plants are on Week 7 (Day 49), I would say all my mistakes set them back about 2 weeks or so.

Their heights are 30, 40 & 50CM tall (measuring from the pot rims)

I am not too sure about the sex at the moment they are not really showing clearly, I have a suspicion that one is a male. so I have a few questions?

When Can I install a SCOG?

When can or should I switch to flower?

I am not sure about this because I dont want to start them in a screen just to have to struggle getting males out.

Will upload some pics tomorrow some time.

Got my shit together and started a grow recently. Made a kak load of mistakes with this one that set the plants back a few weeks.

Its nothing fancy  few bag seeds Im test running before I do some proper beans.

my setup is a 80x80 tent with 400MH/HPS setup.

Soil is coco, perlite, Organic potting soil, Organic Compost, talborne organics, Worm castings and Im feeding with BioBizz.

I have also just completed building a screen for this one.

My Plants are on Week 7 (Day 49), I would say all my mistakes set them back about 2 weeks or so.

Their heights are 30, 40 & 50CM tall (measuring from the pot rims)

I am not too sure about the sex at the moment they are not really showing clearly, I have a suspicion that one is a male. so I have a few questions?

When Can I install a SCOG?

When can or should I switch to flower?

I am not sure about this because I dont want to start them in a screen just to have to struggle getting males out.

Will upload some pics tomorrow some time.

sup reaper, seems like we're roughly in the same predicament, i just lst'ed my plants, have my suspicions about sex.I would strongly suggest you initiate low stress training with your intention to scrog, start the horizontal orientation the meristems, if youve topped you should have multiple, exposing the secondary bud site to the light and focussing the plants growth activity to many the secondary nodes. I would say the time is now to last, scrog when you sure of sex. 

Good luck and hope you reap better than you sow :-peace

Guest Reaper

Some Pics From the 11th.

Ive been in a bit of a situation since then, My Upstairs Neighbour flooded their apartment and the water came seeping through my Concrete roof and water ran into my house for about 4 hours, Now I have landlords, insurance Inspectors and Builders that will be moving in and out of my house, I have been trying to kill them every night but cannot get myself to do it.

I am considering hanging clothes and stuff on top and around the tent and saying its a extra storage closet if anyone Asks, just not too sure if that Idea will fly, the other alternatives are move them outside to a friends place or killem all, still thinking it over.

Some pics from the 11th:

1.thumb.jpg.4c0284b58232831c096422e3a4a97f4e.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.43d5958a80d79f53bb8b5bce4a2f62c1.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.2c079585ff2cdd49bf1100b2d98d20e4.jpg

Guest Reaper

If the branches are alternate noding that means it is sexually mature and will have preflowers on it somewhere so no need to put it into flower at all. To answere your question , yes you can and the plant will reveg but causes a lot of stress to the plant

Thanks GLO!

I want to force Flower to see sex, only so that I know that the SCROG I want to use is only for Females. I have been reading up a bit and from what I can see, these plants should have been under the scrog about two weeks ago? and they are also showing sex a bit late wich Im assuming is due to the beginner errors ive made ealier with these ladies.

Scrogging is one of the most efficient ways to Grow. It will give you a very good g per w in the end . It's just a pain in the ass lol , takes about 5 times the work of just regular lst.  You also have to take what light you use into account, if you got a lower wattage fixture without much penetration then scrog is the best way to Grow. If you running high penatration lightling i find lst much easier without much loss to yield

My thought would be Scrog to still be better than mainlining. Like GLO said you will be using more of the area with scrog increasing your g/watt ratio. But to be completely honest i have no clue which would be better, im just assuming it would be scrog,

I've tried both, but under different light setups, so i guess i have to do a scrog now, but i'm lazy. Mainlining is alot less work. Can't wait to see this unfold @Reaper

• 9 months later...
Guest Reaper

Some Pics From the 11th.

Ive been in a bit of a situation since then, My Upstairs Neighbour flooded their apartment and the water came seeping through my Concrete roof and water ran into my house for about 4 hours, Now I have landlords, insurance Inspectors and Builders that will be moving in and out of my house, I have been trying to kill them every night but cannot get myself to do it.

I am considering hanging clothes and stuff on top and around the tent and saying its a extra storage closet if anyone Asks, just not too sure if that Idea will fly, the other alternatives are move them outside to a friends place or killem all, still thinking it over.

Some pics from the 11th:

So here is just a useless update but, these all ended up being male and that was last run to date.