Attention Nutriplex users

CG420za

Hey guys I just wanted to give you a heads up about false advertising when it comes to nutriplex

They marketed it as a flora replacement, advertising the same n.pk ratios on bottles. Micro 5.0.1 Grow 2.1.6 and Bloom 0.5.4

This is where the fun starts as not what Nutriplex has been registered with Gov we can see the actual elemental npk percentages on the bottle.  As a result the current pics on their website show the origional packaging but the new bottles in store do not show the old 2.1.6, 0.5.4, 5.0.1 ect only the elemental percentages.

Here is an example with the help of hydro buddy. and Yara Conversion tool https://www.yara.co.uk/crop-nutrition/tools-and-services/conversion-calculator/

General Hydro Mico = N5% K1%(k2o) Ca5% This gives us N 60.5 K 10.41 Ca 60.5 ppm at 1ml/L

Nutriplex Micro original = 5.0.1 = N5% K1.2%(k2o) Ca 3.8%.  Sounds great for tap water but then now with the new gov regulated packaging = N39.2 K 28.5 Ca 36.1 ppm at 1ml/L

Now that is a lot more K than advertised in the micro. Elemental K of 2.85% adjusted back to k2o is 3.42 so an accurate representation with the old packaging would be 4-0-3.4 3.6Ca.  Notice the whole less 1% of the nitrogen.... to keep the Ca down.

Gen Hydro Bloom 0.5.4  p2o5 + k2o  = P 24 K36.5 Mg 16.5 S 11 ppm at 1ml/L

Nutriplex Bloom 0.5.4 3Mg + 5S  with the old packaging now if redone wold read 0-4.28-4.87. Notice the lower P and marginally lower K = actual ppm at 1ml/L = P 18.7 K 40.6 Mg 29.6 S 46

Gen Hydro Grow 2.1.6  = N 23.4 P 5.15 K 58.27 Mg 5.85 

Nutriplex Grow 2.1.6  0.6Mg old packaging. Actual ppm at 1ml/l = N 25.84 P 4.32 K 46.23 Mg5.82.  The grow is a decent replacement with a bit less K. Old packaging redone = 2.5-1-5.5

Ok now that the explanation of the basic core differences have been shown the next question is how does this actually effect me.

Well lets look at Nutriplex 1.1.1 Veg ratio and at 2.2.2 Veg ratio -  rounded the decimals

1.1.1 Npk =  N 78 P 26 K 133 Mg 39 Ca 44 S 51

2.2.2 = N 155 P51 K 266 Mg 79 Ca 87 S 101

Gen Hydro with the same ml/L

1.1.1 Npk = N 84 P39 K95 Mg 22 Ca 61 S 11

2.2.2 = N 168 P78 K190 Mg 44 Ca 122 S 22

Now they look quite different! The massive amount more K in the Nutriplex is the most obvious as well as the low levels of Ca but that was advertised.

I will post the rest of the Nutriplex feed chart NPK and ppms tomorrow and give you some comparisons to the GHSC Hybrid and EHG series both regular and coco version.  Then I will show you how to manipulate your existing Nutriplex schedule with some some Calcium Nitrate and MPK to give you better ratios more suited to veg and coco and who knows perhaps you will be buying the raw salts and mixing your own formulas your self in no time.

Show you guys how to mix a diy version of Hybrid + booster and the same for EHG.

If you doubt my numbers feel free to download Hydrobuddy and use the Yara conversion tool I posted the link to at the top.

https://www.gardengoods.co.za/Inorganic-Fertilizer-Kunsmis/Hydroponics

These guys sell raw salts and decant to 5-10 kg apparently.

Perhaps I should just start a Diy Nutrients Thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Batista said:

Hi NPKGuy

You seem to really know your stuff.I for one would love a diy nutrient thread.

Thanks

Ill start a new thread I think.

Glad there is now a Sa forum that I can join as I have been active for years but more the uk  forum side.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...